240w grow light and costs

SkunkPharm

7 minutes ago, Batista said:

So I ended up going for another acdc floodlight to add to the existing 150w I bought last year. Here is where it gets interesting, the new module is bigger and the leads more spaced out for more or less the same price of the old model. Does anyone know what leds these things use? d0477aaba12ef633de9f5606473b9dc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Very interesting, how much heat comes off the new one?

I know that @CreX moved away from the ACDC lights in favour of some Quantum Boards.

@CreXHow did you find the two lights compared to one another for interest sake?

@Batista No clue on the differences or what diodes are being used, I wouldn't recommend you use them for much more than veg though.

Sounds super hot, you may even get more output from the light by placing a fan on it, to help keep it cool.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I know that @CreX moved away from the ACDC lights in favour of some Quantum Boards.

@CreXHow did you find the two lights compared to one another for interest sake?

@Batista No clue on the differences or what diodes are being used, I wouldn't recommend you use them for much more than veg though.

Sounds super hot, you may even get more output from the light by placing a fan on it, to help keep it cool.

The only reason I moved away from acdc lights is because I could afford the quantam boards lol. 

But I do like the more spaced out panel. 

I have a 3rd design, where it is 4 mini led panels but in one fitting... It gives a greater spread than the newer acdc models... And I feel it also puts out more light... Even though the draw is still 150!!

So I think you got a deal with the slightly larger panel footprint. 

Another note is that I also find them fuck hot... But if I put a fan on it... Little pc fan... I gained 20% luminous intensity. 

Went from 9k lux to close to 11k without adjusting the distance of the light or plants. So definitely add a system to cool them a bit to get more out of them😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1