My new addition

ChroniclyChronic

Day 51
Took off all the training bras so the ladies can swing in the wind during flowering
b4891320d418f6190b2c1c0eed39fc29.jpg

86a3062b3aa53f82c9648e9bde42af39.jpg

Lithium
ae368a7c756644036b18c43d20719741.jpg

I will probably flip in the next few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good

You'll want to tie them down again once flower stretch begins... Some will appear to move to the area with higher par because the base stems will get more rigid and tend to be more bent upwards as it grows if it isn't secured at a point.

Keeping them tied down just at the current bend will ensure the colas grow straight upwards from that point.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looking good

You'll want to tie them down again once flower stretch begins... Some will appear to move to the area with higher par because the base stems will get more rigid and tend to be more bent upwards as it grows if it isn't secured at a point.

Keeping them tied down just at the current bend will ensure the colas grow straight upwards from that point.

Thanks! Guess I’ll be putting the hooks back in then.
At least they were free for a while
e18ad840c193e471930ede0afcdd0d48.jpg

67902a4577cb5597a5589bad93743bca.jpg

ad087fa3834318e4423a0c27792123a7.jpg

Should I remove fan leaves before switching [mention]TheUltimateNoob [/mention]

They are a bit untidy on top
63b2fe3023aebee2bd2e0af27786c361.jpg

01ca587f90c639df5ebc1e58bd359cb2.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks! Guess I’ll be putting the hooks back in then.
At least they were free for a while
e18ad840c193e471930ede0afcdd0d48.jpg

67902a4577cb5597a5589bad93743bca.jpg

ad087fa3834318e4423a0c27792123a7.jpg

Should I remove fan leaves before switching [mention]TheUltimateNoob [/mention]

They are a bit untidy on top
63b2fe3023aebee2bd2e0af27786c361.jpg

01ca587f90c639df5ebc1e58bd359cb2.jpg

I agree with@PsyCLown

Let them grow out a bit.

You can expect a height increase by a factor of around 2.7x from flip to end of flower stretch - so plan accordingly.

I always defoliate at the flip, then at least 2 more times in flower.

• Like 2

What is the netting for?
Try keep everything flat?

I reckon you can flip to flower now if you'd like, they're going to stretch too.

I thought you were going to do a scrog and weave the plants through the net.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes, just trying to keep a flat canopy and I can hopefully space the colas out evenly too
Cool, I will flip today

4 hours ago, ChroniclyChronic said:

Yes, just trying to keep a flat canopy and I can hopefully space the colas out evenly too
Cool, I will flip today

Yo man! Have you tried this method before? 

I have run into some real problems like this before. 

If I were you, I would do your spacing now with the colas, and let them grow through the net for a week. 

If you don't, the issues I have noticed are the following. 

Where you keep the plant under the net, the colas form small... Many... But small and nothing to talk of... 

The main Cola is so sensitive yo... You open it up and flip right away, and all the energy gets used by the lower coolers trying to make something of themselves... They don't... And you lose out big time on Cola size. 

My advice is do the Cola separation, veg for another week, or more... For the plants to be about 10-15cm above that net, then flip. Let them stretch without adjusting them again, you adjusted them earlier already... The stretch is different in a scrog than it is on plants without training. You apply the formula to only what's above the net... So roughly double whatever is above the net will be your final height.... If you work with triple then you should be safe with headroom. 

You might need an additional layer of netting now though... To keep the fat colas from flopping over! 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CreX said:
Yo man! Have you tried this method before? 
I have run into some real problems like this before. 
If I were you, I would do your spacing now with the colas, and let them grow through the net for a week. 
If you don't, the issues I have noticed are the following. 
Where you keep the plant under the net, the colas form small... Many... But small and nothing to talk of... 
The main Cola is so sensitive yo... You open it up and flip right away, and all the energy gets used by the lower coolers trying to make something of themselves... They don't... And you lose out big time on Cola size. 
My advice is do the Cola separation, veg for another week, or more... For the plants to be about 10-15cm above that net, then flip. Let them stretch without adjusting them again, you adjusted them earlier already... The stretch is different in a scrog than it is on plants without training. You apply the formula to only what's above the net... So roughly double whatever is above the net will be your final height.... If you work with triple then you should be safe with headroom. 
You might need an additional layer of netting now though... To keep the fat colas from flopping over! 

Thanks for the advice @CreX , nope, first go at this, most I ever did before this was to top once.
I have lowered the net and gently pulled through the colas and done the seperation:
b9952d1d8d02dcaaa011067a023a13de.jpg

The net will be mainly for support then and not real scrog, I will try that next time maybe

9a7e7314e2601cd2f7e2948ca0bb989f.jpg

e944c87ba0fd96eb34d5b8e1c22868fc.jpg
6e2aca45c31d24e40182faf57e8bcb4b.jpg

Edited by ChroniclyChronic
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, ChroniclyChronic said:

If anyone in the Centurion area is interested in a rooted clone from the Lithium OG Kush above PM me, I have run out of space and have 2 so they are free to the first takers

If I still stayed in wierda park I'd take them, but unfortunately am back in the cape, will message a mate maybe he has space