New grower, first attempt (indoors)

zolrooker

Just now, StickyD420 said:

Pleasure brother, 

The holes are key though, passive air flow makes huge difference, you don't want mildew 😉

OK bro, I'll make some this weekend. I'm just worried about light leaks but I'm sure ittl be fine if I make the holes at the back or bottom 

9 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Definitely it would let you drop the light, and get more space above it, for holding the heat before extraction. 

Fans blowing on a fabric pot, at a constant, will dry it out quickly

If I see correctly there is a heater, do you use it just for air flow?

About the fan blowing directly at the pot.. Its the mini air cooler I just put in today, but it's not making much of a difference with temps haha.. On the bright side it had both my hygrometer showing 40% unlike yesterday 

2 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

You can do it behind the reflective film and up off the floor a bit, then your air is clean, and then has to drop down and then into the space, and if they at the side or back, with the film hanging over it, you should be great to go.

If that would work, then it's perfect 👌

1 minute ago, zolrooker said:

What I've also noticed now, is that my thermostat was set to maintain a temp of 26 deg, I've dropped that now to 22 and will see if it makes a difference. I will kick myself if it does!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Still learnt of other heat management though. So not a total loss. 😉

• Haha 1

Still learnt of other heat management though. So not a total loss.
It's connected 24/7 via the temp controller. I have a strong feeling that the heater is maintaining a temp of 26 and then the lights are pushing it up to 30. I was thinking that it was strange that I was getting similar temps in cold days that I am now..

Will see if setting controller to 22 deg makes a difference, maybe it's just a false hunch or sense of hope from my side

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Temps are looking slightly better, but still hitting 28 deg - 29 deg. Ill monitor for a day or two and maybe cut a passive intake opening this weekend. 

Also, is this a good time to brew a compost tea? I was thinking of triggering flowering this weekend, but might veg for a week more.. 

Added: will first drop the lights and take out the buckets before cutting 

Edited by zolrooker

Haven't gotten around to cutting that opening yet. I don't have the power tools so I have cut out the opening with tin snips and was a lazy weekend lol. 

I need some advice with regards to intake and exhaust fans please? There's a lekker silent inline fan I found online that's 180m3/h 

Grow space is 0.8-1m3

Current fans r 90m3/h

Will 180m3/h fans make a difference?

Added:

And Ive been brewing a compost tea since yesterday. I'll water tonight. Not sure if I should dilute further or not.. I'll just take a chance and give at full strength. 

Going to trigger flowering tomorrow, or I can even start tonight tbh... 

Was thinking 19:00 - 07:00 or 20:00 -08:00

I'm currently on 18:00-12:00

Edited by zolrooker

Hi, if your grow space runs on the higher side with the temps do 18-6 or 19-7 for the nights will be cool for a few months. In summer I flower during the night because day temps to high and light on pushes it higher

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zolrooker said:

Nope not really bro. I left the door ajar yesterday and temps were 100%. Going to get some proper inline fans and give those a go.. This fan (100mm)

Maybe just check with the guy here who have that fan, and if its silent or has a noise you can live with...

I've got a TD silent, 100mm and it is hardly noticeable at all. But I need bigger soon.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

Weekly update pics. Switching to 12/12 tomorrow morning. 

IMG_20200816_080815.thumb.jpg.0bcc011bac8ad0b38abbc6c92d90e89b.jpgIMG_20200816_080750.thumb.jpg.bcfc5ecac400aca09a6a1ef83ed0493d.jpgIMG_20200816_080220.thumb.jpg.ad37a17d6acf8cfe92784580541da7f2.jpgIMG_20200816_080232.thumb.jpg.2a1a9d7e88f84e14fcb24f191c6e61e2.jpg

Nice progress... Just wanted to add, that ufo light can be much, much closer to your trees in flower.

I had my ufo literally less that 20cm above the tops in my microgrow and never burnt anything.

So try to find a sweet spot with height and coverage.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Maybe just check with the guy here who have that fan, and if its silent or has a noise you can live with...

I've got a TD silent, 100mm and it is hardly noticeable at all. But I need bigger soon.

On the spec it says 47db, I think my current fans are similar. Would your model work well in a space like mines? I found a silent one online l, but it's about 1.9k for one 

4 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Nice progress... Just wanted to add, that ufo light can be much, much closer to your trees in flower.

I had my ufo literally less that 20cm above the tops in my microgrow and never burnt anything.

So try to find a sweet spot with height and coverage.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

You could even hang that UFO over the heater style fan, at a 15 to 20deg angle and use it close as side lighting and get under those fans leaves to get the bud sites below. 

Just a thought🤔

Thanks guys, will try to a make a plan with it and keep it out of the main lights way 

• Like 1

Hi guys, i just need some advice/guidance regarding nutrients and watering shedules during the flowering stage. please..

This is what i was thinking of doing for the first 2 weeks:

-1st watering - Compost tea (Compost, Molasses, Liquid Kelp, Seagro Fish Emulsion)

- 2nd watering - Plain water /  should i add Fertilizer or is it too much?

-3rd watering - Plain water only

Repeat

Is the above plan ok?

What fertilizers can i start using after week 2 or 3 of flowering? Is kelp and fish emulsion still ok to use once it starts producing buds, or is there another better one? Maybe BioBloom? Or something natural that works well perhaps?

Will then only start exclusively using plain water for the final 2 weeks as ive read that it can make for a harsh smoke if not flushed before harvest..

Edited by zolrooker