Plant problems. Please help

wallis55

Sup guys

I need some help, please.

I am growing for the very first time. I bought some White Widow seeds from Green Smoke Room back in February.

I planted 2 of them around the beginning of March.

coco/perlite in 16 litre pots and growing under 250W HPS (however, they had to be left outside for the 1st 2 weeks while I sorted out the heat issue in my cab)

The 2 week old seedlings were put in the cab on 18 March with 18/6 light-dark schedule.

Temp in cab ranges from 21 degrees when lights are off to about 28 with lights on (30 degrees on the warmer nights)

Humidity ranges from 30% to 60%

I started feeding them with 0.5ml of Nutriplex in 1 litre of water with pH reading of 6. I gave them 100ml every 3 days

I gradually increased the nute strength on a weekly basis.

The most recent feeding was 2.5ml of Nutriplex Micro/Gro/Bloom in 1 litre RO water. 200ml for each plant

Anyways,

They were doing quite fine until about a week ago.

Now, as my pictures will show, the leaves are drooping, curling and turning yellow. Based on my research this is caused by either over or underwatering.

Please have a look at the pics below and tell me what I could possibly be doing wrong and if there is anything I can do to get my plants healthy.

Also, they seem very small to me for plants that are already 2 months old. Kak genetics, or growing error?

Looking forward to some constructive criticism,

Thanks

<a href=DSC_0151_zpsndyxj4n3.jpg" />

<a href=DSC_0150_zpsdeueifd1.jpg" />

<a href=DSC_0149_zpsppmblex2.jpg" />

<a href=DSC_0154_zpsfoxkiurx.jpg" />

<a href=DSC_0153_zpsb6yxz1ok.jpg" />

Hey Wallis.

Its looks like they are experiencing some ph issues which in turn is causing a lock out. 

Your watering schedule sounds a lot like an organics one. Remember that coco/perlite is technically hydroponics.

Do you water enough that there is a substantial runoff? 

I would flush that medium with phed water and then give a good feed of 2ml each nutriplex.

How are you measuring your ph?

Guest Garethleauk

This is only my 2 cents and im not saying it is the reason, it looks like your having a N deficiency, Now that could be caused from your PH but if your PH is correct and you say your watering x amount of times, then im going from personal experience and im going to say its your roots. They could be rotting and due to this your plant is not absorbing the nutes properly. if you where over water your leaves will display signs of underwatering however your edges will also be curled up almost like your plant is trying to get rid of excess water. If you have tried no watering and also watering then its your roots and im sticking to that lol Try a foilar feed see if that helps

Guest Garethleauk

I would say get more holes made into those pots, water less and get a fan blowing over the top of the pots too and around them. If your roots are healthy your plant should not be looking like that, have you flushed? The extra holes in the pots will allow for more air into the coco and should help your roots to grow better, but sometimes it looks like ph when its roots and visa versa

Guest Garethleauk

Just thinking, do you use reverse osmosis all the time, if so are you substituting with CalMag? because a calmag def also looks like a N deficiency

She definitely does look underfed with a N and perhaps a magnesium def too. That's why she's so small after this time. As tote says give her a flush as it may be due to PH 

Was your coco charged with Cal-Mag? If not I'd suggest you get some and supplement your feeding with it. Grow Guru sells some.

Guest Garethleauk

DUDE

The most recent feeding was 2.5ml of Nutriplex Micro/Gro/Bloom in 1 litre RO water. 200ml for each plant

So are you putting 2.5ml of Grow 2.5ml of Micro and 2.5ml of Bloom into only 1 Litre of water?

That should be in 10 Litres of water not 1 my man you could actually be burning your plants 

Hey guys

Thanks for responding.

Totemic - 

Because Iv put them straight into big 16 litre pots, giving them 100 - 200 ml of water does not cause any run off. If I am supposed to be watering until the water runs out the bottom then I have screwed up BIG TIME! LOL

I am using the pH testing kit from Hortishop to measure pH (could not afford digital pen)

GLO-

16 litre pots

420 - 

Yeah, I did charge with CalMag that I also bought at Hortishop. I don't add any to the feeding tho.

I also do have an EC pen

Gareth - 

Yes. I mixed them all into 1 litre of water.

And I kinda had a feeling that this wasn't right..but I went ahead anyway! So I completely messed up there LOL

HEMPY BUCKET? What's that?

By the looks of things, it seems that I have made an absolute mess of my 1st attempt to grow my own weed hahaha!

It's all good though, I expected to fail as this is all so new to me.

So...to possibly save these plants:

First - more drainage holes, then flush. Yes?

Then, get a bigger container to mix the nutes. Ok

Supplement with CalMag. Check

Any other tips?

Or would starting fresh be a better option?

You guys have been great!

Guest Garethleauk

Ok well a hempy buck is taking a bucket with no holes a solid bucket and drilling a small hole in the side of the bucket 2inches from the bottom, fill with perlite and you water your plants till you have run off out the hole and whats left behind is a water reserviour so you will land up getting your feeder roots sucking up the water and your air roots on the side. 

Go to an Oasis Reverse Osmosis shop and buy a 10L bottle for like R20 then use that to make your mixes, The PH strips work fine and you can get root burn from your nutrients being too strong. 

If she gets any worse then clone her and learn the art of cloning haha

hempybucket_zpsc658caa4.jpg.4e688438f661a8605f671715211a6301.jpg

I followed a ratio of  14 - 18 - 40 per 10l with my plants in the last weeks of flower so I actually went double the indicated ratio.

edit - The plants I'm vegging at the moment which are about 35cm in height are being fed on a ratio of 10-10-10 per 5l with an extra 80-100 ppm of cal mag added and they are loving it. No burn. So wallis I'd suggest going with about 1.8ml each per 1l with some added cal mag. Thats my :-2cents

I didn't even do an EC reading. lol

I couldn't get the EC pen into the 1l bottle. 

OMW, Im such a noob! haha

Once again, thanks for all the feedback ouens.

This cannabis growing is a bit more complicated than I thought, but..

I will not quit. I WILL harvest my own buds by the end of the year :-rastapuff

Peace!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Just a bit of an update.

So I gave my plant a good flush, mixed 2ml of Nutriplex Trio in 10 litres of RO water added CalMag to the mix. It seems to be doing fine now and looks to be growing again. Some of the larger leaves had to be removed though due to previous problems so the plant looks a bit handicapped lol

<a href=DSC_0170_zpssgqd8vpo.jpg" />

But now Im having other problems. Please see next pic

I noticed some white specks appearing on the leaves a few days ago. Can anybody perhaps tell me what this is?

Is it some kind of plant pests? What can I do to get rid of it?

<a href=DSC_0165_zpsujoguk4v.jpg" />

Also, I see the white pistils appearing now. Does this mean that it's time to switch the light schedule for flowering? Or can I still let it grow a bit more?

<a href=DSC_0164_zpsnh0yehf9.jpg" />

Looking forward to hearing from y'all

Peace

White spots are an indicator of spider mites. Get yourself some neem oil to get rid of them.

Your plant has probably started flowering due to load shedding just like one of mine did so before you confuse the plant any further you're gonna have to switch the lighting to 12/12 otherwise you risk stressing the plant and may induce a hermie. Switch that lighting now! 

We're gonna be stuck with this load shedding for a while to come so we have to plan our light schedules around it. Try and plan your light hours so that when the power cuts you can place your plants outside for light(sacrificing cleanliness).

:-peace

Hi bud

That's spidermite , have a good look under the leaves there will be to y black specks (actually red). Those are spidermite , I would recommend pyrol. As for the pistols , am I right in saying the plant is still in veg? If so u can still veg as long as you want , those are just preflowers that show when the plant is sexually mature.

Cheers

Reaf

Hi bud

That's spidermite , have a good look under the leaves there will be to y black specks (actually red). Those are spidermite , I would recommend pyrol. As for the pistols , am I right in saying the plant is still in veg? If so u can still veg as long as you want , those are just preflowers that show when the plant is sexually mature.

Cheers

Reaf

I stand corrected then :-puffin