RAW and Greengo Humidity Stone

8 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

What up bro. So im assuming with large harvests then its probably esential to monitor RH. But with a small harvest it should be an issue?

analogy coming up.

So you hit up a new resturant in town, and you order a beef burger. and when they bring it to you... the literal cow is still alive, the lettuce still has its roots on it... the cheese...dont get me started...

now you thought, what the hell, i thought this was supposed to be a 5 star meal! you are irate... hungry... pissed off at the cook.

you can all agree that by going to a 5 star restaurant, you are going to get what you paid for... the chef has been busy this whole time to grace you with something amazing...not something you could have got from around the corner.

same with weed, just because you have a plant and know that if you prepare it well someone is going to really enjoy it. but if you dont take the time to prepare your harvest, trim those leaves, dry it carefully... have the measurements in place to control your product, it really wont be as good as you would like it, and may even get your hopes down.

curing your weed is probably more important than the growing of your weed, and the correct tools must be had regardless of the size of your grow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@CreX has pretty much nailed it.

62% for long term storage, 58% for when you want to keep a small stash aside for you to smoke from.

I personally prefer to have a hygrometer in each jar to ensure the RH is consistent, humidity can easily differ from jar to jar based on the density of the bud - even with the same strains and different phenos. Why risk ruining it due to high humidity and mold? With multiple strains it's even more likely, especially if the plants are harvested at different times.

You will burp the jars if the bud wasn't dried enough and the RH spikes too high, the Boveda's may not pull the humidity down quick enough (or enough, in general).

EDIT: I personally prefer to not over dry my bud, if the Bovedas need to increase the RH then I find it can affect the cure and the bud isn't as great as when the RH is spot on or the bovedas need to remove a bit of moisture. When done like this the cure seems to continue without issues and the weed ends up really good!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2