Revegging is my last hope

Magic

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. In fact its my 1st post on any cannabis related forum. Ive been growing for around 8 years. Recently switched to organic and growing indoor.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated here.

I have always loved Tangie. For the past year i have been going through 10 seeds of Tangie (its not a lot, but i think its still a decent sample) trying to find the best phenotype.

Pheno hunting has by far been the most fun ive had growing cannabis. My Skittles pheno has been a huge success. Btw, there is a huge variation between phenotypes in zkittlez. Ive had some very ordinary skittles which basically was just some skunk. But ive found my winner, i can truly tell you that its pure sour grape crushed skittles. Ive also had a skittles plant renamed to turkish delight. The resemblance to chocolate covered turkish delight is uncanny.

Back to tangie. Variance between phenos are much less vs zkittles. Most are great. But most have the orange peel aroma. Now this is fine, but tangie was bred and resembles tangerine. Out of the 10 phenos i found 1 true and spectacular Tangie. Think tangerine or naartjie syrup. Sweet, creamy naartjie or clemengold  syrup.

For some reason i did not manage to make enough clones, and those i made failed to make it out alive for various reasons. So now my only hope is to reveg the mother post harvest. One huge problem is this plant has almost no growth in its bottom 2/3. A tiny bud and leaves, but very little.

The plan is to harvest the big top buds and try to keep whats left of the botton 2/3 of each stem, but it wont be much.

Any advice on what i can do to keep this mother alive except 18 hours light and veg nutes ?

• Like 2

Welcome! 😄 

Hmm, I have not heard much about revegging a plant after harvest - typically people scrap the plant after harvesting it.

I have had one friend try it on his outdoor, he managed to keep it alive but he said it was not the same and did not perform well the next season.

How far into flower are you? Could you consider revegging it now to try and save the pheno?

• Like 1

Welcome @Magic

I most certainly would like to get into pheno hunting once I've got the space, definitely boss level vibes. 

With regards to your revegging question, I rate it's possible to reveg after harvest. I would however suggest 24hrs over 18hrs of light to get the plant back into veg. I also believe it could take a very long time before you see results, it is after-all an unnatural phenomenon. I'd also keep it light on the nutes, it's going to go through hellah stress. You'll need to watch the plant and adapt to it's needs on the fly. 

2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

How far into flower are you? Could you consider revegging it now to try and save the pheno?

This is also a possibility, might be easier on the plant to skip the harvest and try get it back into veg before the full bloom. 

• Agree 1

Thank you for all the replies!

The plant is about 5 days from harvest. Huge sticky buds with a mix of purples and yellows in the fan leaves. 

In short, no I think it's too late into bloom. I will need to harvest those buds, they will just go mouldy if left like this indefinitely. Well, most likely anyway. 

It's interesting that there's not really much info at all about reveging. I'll definitely document the process here, if it turns out to be a success or not. 

Even if the plant develops some weird growth patterns, its still okay, I'll make clones from the revegged mother. That is, if she survives. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Magic said:

Thank you for all the replies!

The plant is about 5 days from harvest. Huge sticky buds with a mix of purples and yellows in the fan leaves. 

In short, no I think it's too late into bloom. I will need to harvest those buds, they will just go mouldy if left like this indefinitely. Well, most likely anyway. 

It's interesting that there's not really much info at all about reveging. I'll definitely document the process here, if it turns out to be a success or not. 

Even if the plant develops some weird growth patterns, its still okay, I'll make clones from the revegged mother. That is, if she survives. 

Sup dude.  Well done on your first cannabis post online. It's already clear you getting alot of solid advice here and not just the owes burning the midnight oil on Google. A few months ago I was in your shoes and then I met this lot 😁. Growing in secret for a long time, not having people to share your stories with or to get help from or to help. But it's here and it's local. 

So just to add on

Firstly as painful as it is you should wait to see some roots in the cutting you take before flipping plants from seed. Even then upto day 14 you can still take clones without getting too much funkiness when they root. But yeah shit happens.

So you would want to take her out of the flower room soonest after realizing shes the one. Transplant her into a slightly bigger pot (even though shes probably already in a big pot this is necessary, just a little more root space). Harvest all the really big buds as you planned . Leave some of the smaller A grade buds with whatever larfies etc you still have left. The more you leave the better the chances. You will still be able to remove buds as bad stuff starts happening to them. The idea is to only focus on keeping her alive. At this point its best she goes under 24hr light, not intense lights. Switch to mild veg nutes. And then it's the wait. It will just suddenly oneday start pushing out new growth out a bud... You gonna see the usual smooth leaves and twisted growth. After some time you will be able to take a healthy cutting of her to clone. 

Good luck 😁

Sorry for repeating some of the things that were already mentioned... Smoking the good shiat this side 

The terps you smelling sounds really good. Also nice lines you hunting. Feel free to share some pics and how you grow. 

Edited by Mambawana
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Can get done ^^ but the resulting plant will be "weaker" as the original. You might be disappointed with the result after your "little" mission.

I am rather sure with all the posts, you got all the information you need. The major steps you have to do is remove all flower material, flush the soil very good and put her into 24 hours light (might trim her shorter if you can). I did that a long time ago.. and decided that it was a waste of time.. perhaps also way to inexperienced at the time and messed things up. Wish you all the best for your mission 😊

Just saw that Evan posted the bible pages regarding your issue ^^ not the bible written on hopes and dreams.. our bible based on facts. ^^ All there.. do that and you have your best chance.. but still ^^ don't think you get the same mother back, sorry bro 🙄 

Edited by Prom
^^ is a bit of a double post hehehe
  • Like 1