White widow coming down today

Zah

Hi guys, the plan is to chow her down for hanging as the flush has been going on for 12 days now, the trichomes look cloudy but are not amber as yet though, any thoughts....70ba72e85ac929fc385c4df0775ebe52.jpg8de30c3b4e80928dbaaba611020274f7.jpge16ba2e9d7d7483ca00aeef9f439079c.jpgd2286b929d996c896c910850e1a09fbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Nice, only 12 day flush and she's looking like that? Is she an auto? What nutes did you use? If that was my plant I would be damn happy with it just like that, but that's just cause I don't prefer couch lock. Perhaps the trichs will go more amber after the chop? I've never seen it happen, but have heard of it. Also, put your plant through a 48h cool dark period, no light and low temps. Make sure her roots are dry at the point of placing her in the dark, don't check before the 48h is over. 

Nice, only 12 day flush and she's looking like that? Is she an auto? What nutes did you use? If that was my plant I would be damn happy with it just like that, but that's just cause I don't prefer couch lock. Perhaps the trichs will go more amber after the chop? I've never seen it happen, but have heard of it. Also, put your plant through a 48h cool dark period, no light and low temps. Make sure her roots are dry at the point of placing her in the dark, don't check before the 48h is over. 
Shot naughty, yup shes an auto, my first grow, used hydroponics floracoco, +1 on the couch lock issue, procrastinated so much of important shit because of it.

What is the dark period for?

Nice man, well done on that auto, looks like it's gona be a pretty big yield then? 

Hahah I hate procrastinating, but still it happens so often! If it's a straight indica and I know I don't have a lot to do I won't mind, but for the most part I don't enjoy not getting things done.

About the dark period, I've done it like a hand full of times with outdoor plants, starting with a plant my buddy claimed as it was still growing under my care and came harvest time he almost insisted I did it with his plant. I couldn't say if it's really true as this is just info given to me, but what I can say is it will not do any harm at all. What I've heard is that it kickstarts the drying process and is a bit of a stress factor, you see as soon as we cut them down they should be hung in darkness, the reason for that is that some sugars and starches and things are more active and mobile in the plant during light periods, so the low temps and darkness will mimic the winter being in full motion, to get them to flower we shorten the day and prolong the light cycle mimicing what happens with the season in nature, so giving only darkness will almost be like forcing her to "finish" quiker, thinking theres no more grow time for her, and also if you let her go in the dark all dry that will also obviously help with  getting her to "finish" what shes doing. 

• Like 1

@Zah 

Wk bru. You from durbs right, with the grow cupboard on your balcony. 

Well done on your 1st grow... Looks like you sorted for the extended lockdown. 

You got 2 choices from here. 

Harvest her now before any more sugar leaves turn yellow and ruin bag appeal

or

Try and take her a little longer so she ripens and hardens up a bit more excepting the yellow sugar leaves as part of the package.

Both choices and you will be fine. 

Nice man, well done on that auto, looks like it's gona be a pretty big yield then? 
Hahah I hate procrastinating, but still it happens so often! If it's a straight indica and I know I don't have a lot to do I won't mind, but for the most part I don't enjoy not getting things done.
About the dark period, I've done it like a hand full of times with outdoor plants, starting with a plant my buddy claimed as it was still growing under my care and came harvest time he almost insisted I did it with his plant. I couldn't say if it's really true as this is just info given to me, but what I can say is it will not do any harm at all. What I've heard is that it kickstarts the drying process and is a bit of a stress factor, you see as soon as we cut them down they should be hung in darkness, the reason for that is that some sugars and starches and things are more active and mobile in the plant during light periods, so the low temps and darkness will mimic the winter being in full motion, to get them to flower we shorten the day and prolong the light cycle mimicing what happens with the season in nature, so giving only darkness will almost be like forcing her to "finish" quiker, thinking theres no more grow time for her, and also if you let her go in the dark all dry that will also obviously help with  getting her to "finish" what shes doing. 

Sweet brother shot for the info, plant is currently in darkness and I shall cut her down by tomoro or Saturday, 
Wrt the yield I am absolutely curious as to what it would be, ukim using 144watts of led, I have this white widow and the big bud auto which needs about 3 weeks more or so, dont have the slightest clue as to what the yield would be....any guess? 
a44c85eb8ac9e3439a7ce7de8043fb8c.jpg4002dae37278d1a62201f6fe145271ed.jpg50ca4d30a8cc0f52977f869c77254f54.jpg

• Like 2

@Zah 
Wk bru. You from durbs right, with the grow cupboard on your balcony. 
Well done on your 1st grow... Looks like you sorted for the extended lockdown. 
You got 2 choices from here. 
Harvest her now before any more sugar leaves turn yellow and ruin bag appeal
or
Try and take her a little longer so she ripens and hardens up a bit more excepting the yellow sugar leaves as part of the package.
Both choices and you will be fine. 

Yeah buddy, from durbs with the balcony grow cupboard, shot man, yeah looks like lol maybe we can meet up and trade some indoor

• Like 2

I hope the darkness ripens her up a bit more for you, let us know how she turns out and if the trichs became more amber? 

That big bud plant is one bushy bush hahah I know trimming and cutting back isn't really an issue when it comes to autos, but I'm sure removing the larf from the inside of the plant will help her direct more energy and all the good stuff to the tops, will also help with airflow if that's ever a problem. 

As I have never grown autos, I really can't say what to expect with the harvest, but just by looking at the pic I would have to guess somewhere around the 50g mark. Would love to see the buds when they're ready! 

• Agree 1

I hope the darkness ripens her up a bit more for you, let us know how she turns out and if the trichs became more amber? 
That big bud plant is one bushy bush hahah I know trimming and cutting back isn't really an issue when it comes to autos, but I'm sure removing the larf from the inside of the plant will help her direct more energy and all the good stuff to the tops, will also help with airflow if that's ever a problem. 
As I have never grown autos, I really can't say what to expect with the harvest, but just by looking at the pic I would have to guess somewhere around the 50g mark. Would love to see the buds when they're ready! 
Shes showing about 10% amber now

• Like 1

Awesome! Just in one day, that's pretty cool. I hope the darkness was a contributing factor! I'm with @Stinger96, did you chop her? 
Yeah chopped her last night, noticed some pollen sacs on some of the lower branches and there is the odd seed on some of the buds but nothing major, buds are looking good and I have to admit I'm so eager to try some *drool* how soon can I? I have a home made biltong box that I'm using to dry the weed, thankfully this part of year humidity is at around 50% and I hear that's the sweet spot for a slow dry.

Since there is extra space in the grow box I have stretched out the big bud auto, just so the lower branches get some light. Monitoring the trichomes closely and I will only start the flush until I see some amber, she should be ready in about 2-3 weeks. Not sure if its genetics that caused the different maturity levels or the training methods used, I used only lst on the white widow but I topped (by accident lol) the big bud.00c02a7f5384f8797216a17e54a2e0f6.jpg7b63dba022e1030796630f52595c9868.jpg

Oh wow! Very exciting!!! I hope you got a good couple of empty jars laying around cause they will need a cure after dry before you will really enjoy the smoke. 

Hahahah the pollen sacs always show up if you push the plant a bit longer!

So, this biltong dry rack you speak of, is it light proof? Best is complete darkness and yes that 50% humidity will be fine. A slow dry is the way to go, for sure, however if your bud is still kinda soft and moist after 7 days I would say it's too slow and you're at risk of mold, always keep that in mind. 

After the dry, you gona trim up the buds and drop them in jars, do 30min burps every day for a week, after that burp every other day. Point of the burp is for fresh air exchange, so if you see the buds are packed or don't move it's good to give the jar a little shake or just make some of the buds loose so the moist air between them can escape. Do this for a good 3/4 weeks before you try the smoke for the first time, anything sooner will be a waste of weed and will probably not be all that pleasant. 

My bet would be that both factors, the genetics and how they where handled are both contributing factors in the different grow structures. 

• Like 1

Oh wow! Very exciting!!! I hope you got a good couple of empty jars laying around cause they will need a cure after dry before you will really enjoy the smoke. 
Hahahah the pollen sacs always show up if you push the plant a bit longer!
So, this biltong dry rack you speak of, is it light proof? Best is complete darkness and yes that 50% humidity will be fine. A slow dry is the way to go, for sure, however if your bud is still kinda soft and moist after 7 days I would say it's too slow and you're at risk of mold, always keep that in mind. 
After the dry, you gona trim up the buds and drop them in jars, do 30min burps every day for a week, after that burp every other day. Point of the burp is for fresh air exchange, so if you see the buds are packed or don't move it's good to give the jar a little shake or just make some of the buds loose so the moist air between them can escape. Do this for a good 3/4 weeks before you try the smoke for the first time, anything sooner will be a waste of weed and will probably not be all that pleasant. 
My bet would be that both factors, the genetics and how they where handled are both contributing factors in the different grow structures. 
Jars are ready and waiting patiently to cure these juicy nugs, the biltong box is light proof, has a pc fan at the bottom lightly circulating the air in the box, at the top there are holes to let the air out lol so you can imagine the smell of my kitchen when I wake up in the morning lol will post pics after the trim is done, should be in a few days time. The small nug that I tried was smoother than the outdoor weed that I usually get but the high was mediocre, definitely needs a cure but I couldn't help myself. Monitoring the drying once a day and I'm checking for mould as well.

That biltong box sounds like it should do the trick! I don't like talking about this, but trimming is probably the worst thing about weed hahah I would definitly say hold off on trimming at all untill you find smaller thin branches snap when you bend the bud back. When the leaves almost come off by themselves you know you're good. If you have little jar hygrometers they should still read about 60 - 65% humidity when you jar them and that will allow for a slow cure and that's really where the magic happens. I like to start smoking when it gets to about 55% humidity, bud below 50% is something I do not prefer. 

I would love to see some bud shots man!!

Again, well done on that grow man, I think one thing we can all agree on is how satisfying it is to complete a grow and just the fact that it's so simple yet so hard and in the end it makes the effort, time and energy seem like nothing compared to what you get back. By far the most rewarding plant to grow, in my opinion. 

• Agree 1

That biltong box sounds like it should do the trick! I don't like talking about this, but trimming is probably the worst thing about weed hahah I would definitly say hold off on trimming at all untill you find smaller thin branches snap when you bend the bud back. When the leaves almost come off by themselves you know you're good. If you have little jar hygrometers they should still read about 60 - 65% humidity when you jar them and that will allow for a slow cure and that's really where the magic happens. I like to start smoking when it gets to about 55% humidity, bud below 50% is something I do not prefer. 
I would love to see some bud shots man!!
Again, well done on that grow man, I think one thing we can all agree on is how satisfying it is to complete a grow and just the fact that it's so simple yet so hard and in the end it makes the effort, time and energy seem like nothing compared to what you get back. By far the most rewarding plant to grow, in my opinion. 
Definitely is the most the rewarding plant to grow and has really sparked something, I am planning to grow some veggies at my mom's place as well....getting back to the good stuff, she was drying for 5 days until the smaller branches snapped instead bend and the buds had a crunchy feel, trimming was quite tedious but I was so excited to determine the yield of my first ever plant, she yielded a total of 99g of these frosty beautiful nugs, the buds are dense and firm to the touch and covered in trichs. The big bud should be coming down in a week or 2 depending on trichomes, I have decided to wait until I see some sort of amber before I start to flush

I think I did a good job on the trim lol they look good to me.....I have kept all of the trim in a ziplock bag and left in the freezer, will collect trim from the other plant and process it into something, seem some kewl hash making videos on youtube so would like to experiment on that.

Shot to all the guys for the advice and help during the grow 895cf475ecb4a4b2594cb4fa37f00f7a.jpga9f89cb68a5af8852faea5316ad87d0c.jpg6f3a11d57da41cd397407829fd9929ab.jpgdbdf5485013b3a94d58b50c551d1584b.jpg749f4e76ce5b3742d2695d16ee07ef96.jpga4ddb7d4beb323962a7c0344c44dbcc6.jpg941f7b404e85030510dab598906e835a.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update : big bud is enjoying absorbing all of the light in the grow cabinet, I have started seeing some amber trichs so have decided to start the flush and she should be coming down in a week or so buds smell like fresh guavas that makes my mouth salivate whenever I open the cabinet, cant wait to try these.....60398ede815097aed76be12c31a5b0f1.jpgffd7c99e87dbc16d9380d5e0f32653cf.jpg41d652c959faf3bd81e35f71888d98a7.jpg3651543bf29bae98cd214cf6004d569b.jpg2ecf467485536a088a4bfd0d3ce4ef32.jpg

• Like 5

Really impressive stuff:-greenthumb, that cabinet is making the plants throw down haha!
Lol shot Roasty, yeah those Samsung lm 561c diodes really pack a punch, harvested almost 100g from the first plant and this plants should yield more or less the same which would mean a total yield of 200g from 144watts which translates to 1.38g/w which I am very very pleased with, dont wana sound like I'm counting my chickens before they hatch but my fingers are crossed, I have begun the flush since I have seen about 5% amber, plants are now in dark phase so by thursday night I shall hand her to dry and it should be about 7 days thereafter and I will have the exact final yield....

Did you end up keeping your tree in the dark for 48hrs? What did you find?

I've tried it and honestly I don't see what the hype is about. I feel like it just pushes out a bunch of immature trichomes.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

With the white widow, I ddnt see much amber when I harvested since I started the flush a little early, after the 48 hours of darkness there was definitely noticable amber trichs, I'm not 100% if it was the dark period that actually caused them to amber but I will monitor the big bud and post my findings after 48 hours, the big bud was showing about 5% amber when dark period began.

• Like 1