420SA

Local Landraces High In CBD

This is probably a clever marketing ploy by the guys who made this video as the purpose of the video isn't to bring to light the title of this thread but it inadvertently does.

They test a supposed landrace in the eastern cape that has been growing for "thousands" of years. What's interesting is that the strain tests 9% CBD and 3% THC. Something very uncharacteristic of other landraces in SA.

Anyone know what landrace they referring to here? Transkei? 

• Like 1

Sjoe must be the real original madjad @420SA :-rolled , my best guess its like the olden day madjad that "didn't get you high", but can give a headache if you smoke too much, if its not fake.

It could be a marketing ploy, or by some chance I would think a field or two that has been inbred for generations (but 9% cbd....)(or somebody polinated a CBD heavy strain there). If there was a field with the dominant cbd trait, simialar to industrial hemp, that could then crossbred with the more potent TK's like Lisikisiki, just guesses.

PortSaint Johns strains always had some hippy influence, EasternCape is a pretty big place and some massive fields, who knows.

Any link? 

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

Doesn't quite seem right.

I also wonder how accurate these portable devices which check potency are - I believe majority are not very accurate.

• Agree 2

I took a quick look over the gemmacert website, it looks like it follows the same route as most these hand held analyzers, uses a database to compare similarities, doesn't test specific product, the problem arises when samples are off of the expected norm, such as a landrace, creates a higher potential for error