Local Landraces High In CBD

420SA

This is probably a clever marketing ploy by the guys who made this video as the purpose of the video isn't to bring to light the title of this thread but it inadvertently does.

They test a supposed landrace in the eastern cape that has been growing for "thousands" of years. What's interesting is that the strain tests 9% CBD and 3% THC. Something very uncharacteristic of other landraces in SA.

Anyone know what landrace they referring to here? Transkei? 

• Like 1

Sjoe must be the real original madjad @420SA :-rolled , my best guess its like the olden day madjad that "didn't get you high", but can give a headache if you smoke too much, if its not fake.

It could be a marketing ploy, or by some chance I would think a field or two that has been inbred for generations (but 9% cbd....)(or somebody polinated a CBD heavy strain there). If there was a field with the dominant cbd trait, simialar to industrial hemp, that could then crossbred with the more potent TK's like Lisikisiki, just guesses.

PortSaint Johns strains always had some hippy influence, EasternCape is a pretty big place and some massive fields, who knows.

Any link? 

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

I took a quick look over the gemmacert website, it looks like it follows the same route as most these hand held analyzers, uses a database to compare similarities, doesn't test specific product, the problem arises when samples are off of the expected norm, such as a landrace, creates a higher potential for error

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I met with Simon last year and he has been helping the villages there by Umzimvubu for a couple of years now and he is well known there. I even attended a meeting with the residing chief of all the villages and some local government figures to discuss the implications of new legislation and how it could be best crafted to cover rural ancestral cannabis. There were a few sangomas there too and they brought weed with them but it was all hybrids, no pure landrace to try at that meetup. Its a pity that Simon doesn't talk more online - he says he has a tablet with a cracked screen that he looks at every few days as and when he needs to 🙂

This definitely appears to just be a marketing ploy for a product that in all likelihood is not very accurate. The real cost of mass spectrometers is painfully high - I don't trust anything in this products price range. There are products after products offering claims like these. I'd like to see these kinds of tools being marketed by having them have their tests put up against a large industry spectrometer and see how similar they are on a variety of samples.

5 minutes ago, trichomechaser said:

This definitely appears to just be a marketing ploy for a product that in all likelihood is not very accurate. The real cost of mass spectrometers is painfully high - I don't trust anything in this products price range. There are products after products offering claims like these. I'd like to see these kinds of tools being marketed by having them have their tests put up against a large industry spectrometer and see how similar they are on a variety of samples.

I agree 100% with you!!

I am not against these tools, I do not mind them being a bit inaccurate although my bigger thing is the consistency and how inaccurate they actually are.

If they are able to give us a guideline or percentage as to how inaccurate the results may be and at least provide consistent results then they could be very useful indeed.