Starting diary on day 35 in flower [emoji120]

GGG

I use to use that with my watering.....don't know why I stopped

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Lol. Maybe because it's a mission getting the PH right. I mix & PH mine in a bucket, then add to my reservoir. Also PH up causes the silica to precipitate out, so I have to add more silica if I lowered the PH too much

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Silica will only work against PM as a foliar spray because of it's high PH. You don't want to be spraying your plants in flower with silica.

Apparently silica strengthens the leaves etc which helps the plant resistances against pests and pathogens and should be used from early veg to flip as a foliar. It's quite difficult making silica available through drench because of its reaction with other elements and ph. I personally haven't noticed any difference between using it and not. 

Is the milk/water mix not working?

Use to add silica to my waterings in veg for purpuses you described. Maybe I stopped because of ph adjustments , the milk/water works much beter than the peroxide for me. Noticed 2 leaves last night again but just sprayed them again. Much much less than when I used peroxide. I'm sure the milk will take care of it within the next week.

• Like 3

I used peroxide during lights off and milk during lights on and it only managed the PM but never took it away. 

I have now upgraded circulating fans and added a dehumidifier and I haven't seen any PM since 

A friend of mine is fighting PM with sulfer and he won the battle. 

I tried thes silica thing but it messed with my PH so I stopped using it

Edited by Dr. Green
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GGG said:

Il keep you guys posted.
My dreams is to have a Acon and dehumi emoji120.png.....il get there slowly

The cheapest(initial + running costs) way to maintain okay enough conditions that should keep you PM free from most strains would be to use a portable aircon. The exhaust of the aircon that blows hot air which is supposed to be ducted outside comes in handy at light OFF at increasing temperatures so that the aircon side can remove humidity. This way doesn't allow the humidity to be in the 50's constantly at Lights OFF but does enough to keep humidity from reaching 70%. Tried and tested no mold or PM.

By no way is this better then having an aircon and dehumidifier it's just the most cost efficient way. I've seen 2nd hand units go for as cheap as 2k on gumtree.

All the luck and hope you ride this wave all the way to the shore.

• Like 1

Sjoe!! What a nice catchup since I last posted!! @GGG i'm glad the milk spray worked for you... Yogurt has the right stuff in it I'm, so I'm sure it would work in place of milk... Just don't go using fruits of the Forrest flavour or any flavour lol. 

Milk is just a butt load cheaper. 

I really feel for you guys, here in Jozi I have been able to keep bloom Temps between 25 and 29, and humidity never goes above 60%, and that's lights off humidity lol, lights on and it drops to room RH which is around 40-50.. 

Without aircon and without dehumidifier 

7 hours ago, Mambawana said:

By no way is this better then having an aircon and dehumidifier it's just the most cost efficient way. I've seen 2nd hand units go for as cheap as 2k on gumtree.

Most portable AC units have built in dehumidification so its really pointless to run both, mine for example has both functions and allows you to connect a hose for the water run off, it has the option to dehumidify and cool or just do either function individually and its extremely effective.

39 minutes ago, greenkush said:

Most portable AC units have built in dehumidification so its really pointless to run both, mine for example has both functions and allows you to connect a hose for the water run off, it has the option to dehumidify and cool or just do either function individually and its extremely 

My plants transpire like crazy at lights OFF. @GGG also has the same issue with high humidity at lights OFF.

Please explain how would we lower humidity whilst not making the room too cold when the lights are OFF with just a portable aircon? 

2 hours ago, CreX said:

Sjoe!! What a nice catchup since I last posted!! @GGG i'm glad the milk spray worked for you... Yogurt has the right stuff in it I'm, so I'm sure it would work in place of milk... Just don't go using fruits of the Forrest flavour or any flavour lol. 

Milk is just a butt load cheaper. 

I really feel for you guys, here in Jozi I have been able to keep bloom Temps between 25 and 29, and humidity never goes above 60%, and that's lights off humidity lol, lights on and it drops to room RH which is around 40-50.. 

Without aircon and without dehumidifier

Lucky bashterd😀no wonder why dehumidifier sales have plummeted in GP.

Humidity is a big issue for us on the coast. A good idea for you to cool your room slightly at a low cost would be one of those aircooling fans that uses water(seeing as you already have low humidity). It will help keep your max temp from climbing to 29C and even higher when outside temps go into the 30s so you can preserve more terps and reduce the amount of smells being omitted from your garden.

3 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

Lucky bashterd😀no wonder why dehumidifier sales have plummeted in GP.

Humidity is a big issue for us on the coast. A good idea for you to cool your room slightly at a low cost would be one of those aircooling fans that uses water(seeing as you already have low humidity). It will help keep your max temp from climbing to 29C and even higher when outside temps go into the 30s so you can preserve more terps and reduce the amount of smells being omitted from your garden.

Yea... Bucks is a hurdle in this 3 months of January... 

The bloom tent is in the middle of the room so it isn't so affected by outside heat. We have had a few belters at over 35 degrees and the inside Temps remained below 30.

I need to push through this grow, and then I can get a few extra toys

• Like 1

Just now, CreX said:

Yea... Bucks is a hurdle in this 3 months of January... 

The bloom tent is in the middle of the room so it isn't so affected by outside heat. We have had a few belters at over 35 degrees and the inside Temps remained below 30.

I need to push through this grow, and then I can get a few extra 

January is a swak month for most of us puzzlers. Fingers crossed for your upgrades. Glad things are still decent in the garden and can't wait to see the results when you reach the finish line.

Here in durban we have been going through a heatwave the last couple of weeks. Couple that with HID lighting and my veg room took a beating but I managed to push through and get them into the flower room. Strangely my outdoor gals have seemed unphased and are pushing along like champs. 

• Like 1

I'm pulling air straight from outside into flower room soo aircon/dehumi is going to be very difficult to setup for me. Will also wait for the last 78 days of Jan to finish up and Girls to finish up to see if I can get my hands on bigger place to grow. Other wise I need to push through yeah.
Just out of curiosity, a friend gave me a few moonrock, potent shit and was wandering how much they go for per gram

4 hours ago, Mambawana said:

My plants transpire like crazy at lights OFF. @GGG also has the same issue with high humidity at lights OFF.

Please explain how would we lower humidity whilst not making the room too cold when the lights are OFF with just a portable aircon? 

Everyone's plants transpire like crazy.

You made a statement about portable aircons, I corrected you on that assumption and stated my aircon has both features, it can dehumidify without cooling.

@greenkush 

Again I think we arguing about something without you understanding what I was saying. I had to re-read my previous messages to find what you had an issue with that was incorrect. I'm assuming it was this 1st statement I mentioned that I pasted below. Am I correct? I don't mind explaining it to you, you might learn something you didn't about climate control with limited equipment.

''The exhaust of the aircon that blows hot air which is supposed to be ducted outside comes in handy at light OFF at increasing temperatures so that the aircon side can remove humidity. This way doesn't allow the humidity to be in the 50's constantly at Lights OFF but does enough to keep humidity from reaching 70%. Tried and tested no mold or PM.''

Edited by Mambawana

1 hour ago, Mambawana said:

@greenkush 

Again I think we arguing about something without you understanding what I was saying. I had to re-read my previous messages to find what you had an issue with that was incorrect. I'm assuming it was this 1st statement I mentioned that I pasted below. Am I correct? I don't mind explaining it to you, you might learn something you didn't about climate control with limited equipment.

''The exhaust of the aircon that blows hot air which is supposed to be ducted outside comes in handy at light OFF at increasing temperatures so that the aircon side can remove humidity. This way doesn't allow the humidity to be in the 50's constantly at Lights OFF but does enough to keep humidity from reaching 70%. Tried and tested no mold or PM.''

No, it had nothing to do with that, we are not arguing, you made this statement :

By no way is this better then having an aircon and dehumidifier it's just the most cost efficient way. I've seen 2nd hand units go for as cheap as 2k on gumtree.

Which I specifically referenced (you can see), I merely stated that my aircon has both functions and does away with the need to have a dehumidifier and aircon running at the same time. I prefer to drop my temps drastically in the dark cycle, still keeping my RH in the 55+- mark. 

So I’m able control my climate fine, I’ve never had a case of powdery mildew (I thought I did once, It landed up being masses of trichomes ) or mold. 

Edit: I had both machines and eventually flogged the dehumidifier as the aircon was more than adequate. 

Edited by greenkush
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 4:59 PM, Dr. Green said:

I used peroxide during lights off and milk during lights on and it only managed the PM but never took it away. 

I have now upgraded circulating fans and added a dehumidifier and I haven't seen any PM since 

A friend of mine is fighting PM with sulfer and he won the battle. 

I tried thes silica thing but it messed with my PH so I stopped using it

I wouldn't want to use sulfer on flowering plants, read that it can leave a residue and taste on the bud.

You could try do a bud wash I guess, maybe he can give us more feedback once he has harvested and tried it?

2 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I wouldn't want to use sulfer on flowering plants, read that it can leave a residue and taste on the bud.

You could try do a bud wash I guess, maybe he can give us more feedback once he has harvested and tried it?

He used it in veg and it didn't come back in flower, definitely leaves a residue 

• Like 1

Girls look good and no PM, finished week 6 yesterday, feeding at 2 EC the last 3days at 5,8 PH. Sorry for the yellow of the 3000K part of lights . They seem abit smaller than previous grows but then again I didn't keep track back then and hopefully they start swelling the next 2-3 weeks.
GWS pistols are brown already, can it be the warm air that contributes to that. Yesterday my temps was 24-35.

Outdoor is revegging I think.... e307da6d339e363bbb814709b7b1debb.jpgca48360dca330f79cd4a6a24ea1fe8e2.jpgbb2431a7a9f2cd4d3452e6431a09f257.jpgae46f68ca9cecc1ccb31f58872e2d2e0.jpg11fefd8aa909d34cfb4ab918f94cd0c3.jpg319e0e061c9d6bab364f48e51ab62afe.jpg

• Like 3

Evening
Week 7,5 and Girls pumping. High temp but it is what it is and we adapt. DP getting fat, AT catching up slowly and the GWS not as previous grow but ok. Velvet is rock hard already, she always amazes me and nice colour. New seeds popped today and some cutting drooping abit after weekend transplant and heat most probable, will see after the weekend how the settled in. Gave flowering room a Phyta feeding of 2,7 EC the week and they all survived and just a few nute burn leaves f71d5058a7e73095ce8df401e552836b.jpg053af3d2076db31514a73589a3c8ad2c.jpg91e5be4206eaed01fe383320c9faf8db.jpg1bba59159f491ba0f5b7c41770979622.jpg174302e1be2b1c05862428cd30e5c6b5.jpg

• Like 4

After I put a 3cm Leca layer on top of the coco my humidity went down, seems like Leca is also a insulater that helps the coco stay cooler that prevents evaporation. Also the airsirculation doesn't dry out the top layer of coco that sucks moist from below up again.
, does it make sense

• Like 1