Starting diary on day 35 in flower [emoji120]

GGG

Clones - Great White Shark - 5 in a 25L pot, 3 in a 15L pot and 1 in a 15L pot

Durban Poison - 4 in a 25L pot

Alien Tatentula - 1 in a 15L pot

Velvet Bud - 3 in a 15L pot

Lights - QB440 mix of 3000&4000 kelvin + QB300 only 3000 kelvin.

Growing medium - freedom farms formula 1.

Nutrients- GH floracoco Grow&Bloom

Grow area size - 1,2x1,3m DIY

Feeding in flower - started at 1EC/5,5PH and 1/1 with FloreCoco, ended week 3 on 1,4 EC /5,65ph and 1/1,5 floracoco.

Started weekend on 2,1 EC / 5,7/8PH and 1/2 floracoco.

Temp - 21-33 depends on the weather outside

Defoiliated on day 14 and then heavy on day 23. All looks good so far.

It's my 3rd indoor grow and any advise or tips will be accepted .

Pics are day 25-32 IMG-20200101-WA0010.jpgIMG-20200101-WA0014.jpgIMG-20200101-WA0012.jpgIMG-20200101-WA0016.jpgDSC_1332.jpgDSC_1330.jpgDSC_1331.jpg

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The freedomfarms formula 1 is
and needs to be fed with nutrients, I did previous grow with pH above 6 and had huge deficiency problems, almost all my fan leaves died out and the the smaller ones, luckily it only stated mid flower so it did full through ..... But is was close or I could have lost it all.
Williams update pics later f4641507dabf8ca586d8f6557766d6e1.jpg

1 hour ago, GGG said:

I would like to learn the finer things on developing the trichomes to its full potential, as I understand a lot of environmental things contribute to that.

There are a few off the top of my head... 

UV in late flower

MPK boosters

Fuck.... Stoned is kicking in and I can't remember any more lol. 

CO2 

HST techniques 

Custom light timings with longer dark periods close to harvest

Microscope to keep track of the Amber's so you harvest on the perfect day

Temperature is the key, keep the Temps at a constant cool temperature with little fluctuations is best

Gotta get that VPD right

Im sure others can help out with others I may have skipped. 

Im also here for the best I can grow!! But damn finances just never play ball a d support my habit.... Uh, I mean hobby😂😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@GGG I had a similar problem growing in FF soil with plant showing symptoms of high pH.  I was watering with 6.5, light green with the drop test. 

Came across @GrowGuru website where it states that for freedom farms soil they recommend watering between 5.5-6.0 pH.

The soil is buffered to raise pH if it falls out of range, however it does nothing lower pH.

So today is actually day 37 of flower
Now I'm seeing the start of some PM, all I have is 50% Peroxide from Horti Shop and the dilution is 3ml/5l so that will be 0,6m1L. I can only spray them 20min after lights come on (that's when I get at home). Should I spray lightly or drench them properly, any tips will help to expand my wisdom

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GGG said:

So today is actually day 37 of flower
Now I'm seeing the start of some PM, all I have is 50% Peroxide from Horti Shop and the dilution is 3ml/5l so that will be 0,6m1L. I can only spray them 20min after lights come on (that's when I get at home). Should I spray lightly or drench them properly, any tips will help to expand my wisdom emoji39.png

First tip would be to use a stronger mix. 😜😜😜

Minimum 3% solution, 5-8%would be better with a water spray 20 min after peroxide application... if you do decide on a higher strength. 

Okay so you put 3ml(@50%)  into 5000ml of water (@0%)

That gives you a final percentage of 0.0003%

Practically water again sadly😕

5l is a loooooot of spray for your ladies. 

I would maybe mix smaller batches, 2l at the max and go from there. 

For a 3% solution you would need 120ml hydrogen peroxide per every 2000ml

Or 300ml in 5000ml water. 

But for pm... I have never had luck with hydrogen peroxide. 

I have had the best luck with milk. 

A milk and humic acid spray to be exact. 

I dilute milk about 50 50 into water, and add a good sploosh of humic acids and I'm good to go. 

Fresh milk works just fine, but iv found that slightly off milk works way better. 

It leaves the leaves looking a bit funky,which is easily sorted with a water spray... but it sorts out the PM chop chop. And is way less dangerous than H2O2

• Like 1

@GGG 

Sorry to hear about your PM issues bru.  Remove the plants from the tent. Clean and sanitize your tent to kill mold and mildew spores. After that spray with crex's mixture.

You need to then investigate as to why you getting PM. You more or less half way to the end so it's a long stretch to be at it everyday trying to keep it at bay. Look at your lights out temps and humidity. That's the time of the day that all these pathogens get perfect germination conditions. 

What equipment you using for climate control. Intake and exhaust only or do you have an aircon or dehumidifier?

Highest temp last couple weeks was 32 and lowest 20, in general its 22-29 depends on outside temps, I replace ample air light on(night) and of. Humid in Capetown you know but there are worst places I hear. No aircon/humi. Yeah busy mixing up some milk/water now

• Like 1

Sprayed some milk/water and let's hope for the best, first pic the DP and no PM, actually only the GWS, waiting for spray to dry out. Interesting the different hight of the plant doesn't effect the bud size I'm between 30-50cm, 3rd pic. Overall good so far. Veg room lekker crowded 3b53bbccb1f983cc3b9eaab76b8a5552.jpg90a68e1155f4b5267a7401cb2d8d587f.jpg010a159c8f86b2859a34625d7cc6bb65.jpg7de1aa1a65ab48841f9bc940e55c8a2d.jpg

• Like 1

@GGG 

Hope the spray helps and rids you of that shitty PM. Quite a few guys here have said they used that mixture with good success.

I'm interested in seeing if the spraying has any effects on any white pistils cos I've been told by guys here that spraying doesnt turn white pistils brown and personally over the years I've seen just plain water brown pistils so this will be like physical proof for someone like me that's still sceptical about the pistils being happy...

• Like 1

@Mambawana, il keep you posted on the pistols. My temp meter shows highest and lowest and I assumed that the high and low humidity goes hand in hand with temps. As you said and to my surprise the high humidity is when lights are of, thanks for that piece of wisdom. Now I can see if I can illuminate that abit.
PM seems to have died down after@CreX recipe was used, will keep track and post progress.
What I like about this local forum and 420 is the advise, its relative to where I stay. Appreciate this platform

• Like 2

@GGG 

Now comes the tricky part, lowering the lights out humidity somehow. Without a dehumidifier or ac it is quite difficult.

Add a heat source (heater, etc) in the lung room as PM prefers cool moist conditions, so by warming things up you emulating the lights ON conditions when your grow lights are warming up the room and making conditions a little less conducive.

Prior to me getting proper climate control I found a few tricks that worked okay as a make a plan. One was to exhaust air from my veg room into the flower room at lights OFF.

I'm really glad that the spray is already showing its working. I will definitely try it on my outdoor gals close to the end of the season when PM always pays a visit.

• Like 1