Psy's auto grow

PsyCLown

Hey all,

So I am planning on running some autos as I will have plants in my flower tent but my veg section will be rather empty.

So instead of turn things off, I thought it may be a good idea to run some auto flowers. I have started with a Dutch Passion Blackberry Kush Auto, started her in soil and then moved her to coco and she has not been happy with the move... on top of that my PH was off so I have decided to start spraying her with some STS to get some pollen and then I germinated another Blackberry Kush and starting her in coco and will be pollinating her with some pollen.

The colours coming through on the auto are great! Looks as if one would end up with dark bud for sure, always nice having attractive looking bud.

So this is the unhappy auto which I have started to spray with STS, you can see the colour coming through. Apparently all the sugar leaves and bud can end up that nice dark colour:

IMG_20191127_073916.thumb.jpg.c052fc41c82d22ddda8caff530aa7075.jpg

This be the new one I germinated, has a bot of a mutation going on, 3 cotyledons too:

IMG_20191127_073839.thumb.jpg.d287cc9d3533a86aacfd2b86be1495a6.jpg

I think I put her into coco on 20 / 21 November?

I have some other auto seeds, just deciding what to grow out next. May start popping some more next week once I have decided which to grow.

I also have some Fastbuds on their way, I may grow those out as opposed to more Dutch Passion - will see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mambawana said:

@PsyCLown 

Mutations use to be a rarity... have you noticed how common its become.

I see you gonna chuck some pollen at those autos. Does the autoflowering trait pass on successfully to the offspring?

Yeah, mutations do not feel all that rare. Second one I have had so far, the other was from a regular seed.

Yes, the autoflowering trait does pass on, I am taking 2x autoflowers and crossing them. If you were to take a photoperiod and an autoflower and cross them then I suspect some may be autoflowers and others photoperiods and you'd need to keep breeding them to ensure all are autoflowers and the autoflower trait is kept as a dominant trait.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have not taken any pictures, will do so when I get a chance to.

I should have put her into a larger pot but did not and she has now stared flowering so do not want to mess with her - so she shall be staying in the same sized pot until ready for harvest.

I have some Blackberry Kush pollen ready for when there are more pistils. I did some LST as well to try get more branches and a flat canopy. This is not going to be a very big auto, although at this point am mainly doing it for the sake of it and the seeds. The colour from her is what intrigues me the most.

Expecting some colour to come through within the next 2 weeks.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So plans have changed, had to give this plant away and @CreX is now finishing off the growing of the auto.

Last I saw it did not have any colour on it, I think I may still have 1 more seed left and I still have some pollen.

I still have quite a few auto seeds, but, will need to see when I can start growing them. My setup will be changing soon and will most likely be focusing more on photoperiods.

• Like 1

@PsyCLown i also grew 2 BB kush autos from dutch passion, one had the nice purple colour and the other didnt until much later and it wasnt exactly the same. It was pretty cool to see, unfortunately i had to chop them early because i was going on a trip but youre right the sugar leaves, calyxes and even some fan leaves turn dark purple. Was really cool to see. IMG_20191028_103748.thumb.jpg.ee64aa9f3802e7144da668a3781af6f1.jpg

This is the one that didnt turn dark purple but got some colour later on and a dried bud from the plant. 

IMG_20191111_121925.thumb.jpg.1f9751bd718dd220dc08c7a7f09c7995.jpgIMG_20191212_133935.thumb.jpg.66cf3351bac377b88bc044d8d731d65c.jpg

And this is her sister who had the colour and this is the bud that i got from thereIMG_20191111_121537.thumb.jpg.3b8dff4ac79fc7be84b2214da7d6ec8a.jpgIMG_20191212_091038.thumb.jpg.cb5d81ab40343b44197f60f2fca73aa8.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, PsyCLown said:

So plans have changed, had to give this plant away and @CreX is now finishing off the growing of the auto.

Last I saw it did not have any colour on it, I think I may still have 1 more seed left and I still have some pollen.

I still have quite a few auto seeds, but, will need to see when I can start growing them. My setup will be changing soon and will most likely be focusing more on photoperiods.

Still zero colour hey. 

She has a crazy distinct guava smell... Like mother fucken guavas off the tree... Truely a great smelling plant... A tiny bud broke off about a week ago, and I dried it and smoked it... 

And it was good. 

I think she still has a small bit left to grow... And for some of the mentioned seeds, although it might be too late for seeds at this point. 

@PsyCLown, would you like me to post the outcome here, when it's done?