Can you mainline an auto?

AcidAlice

I think it really depends on the auto plant itself though, as long as it does not start flowering too soon and has vigorous growth and is not stressed by the toppings then it should be fine.

I had 2x Daquari Lime seeds planted at the same time and the one started flowering at week 3 and the other at week 5 or so. Those extra 2 weeks of veg make a HUGE difference.

@AcidAlice what plant is that?

• Agree 1

I've always read that any sort of high stress training is bad for autos. I once received a free feminised blue og from attitude seedbank amongst many other freebies. All were supposed to be photos. So I treated them like photos. Topped them. And then topped those 2 tops like normal to encourage bushing out.

And that's when it happened, the blue og started flowering. Harvested over 200grams at day 70. Every other auto I grew in the past averaged like 50grams-70grams. 

So yeah PsyCLown is right it probably depends on the vigour of the auto and when it starts flowering. 

With regards to mainlining in general, what are the benefits of it in your personal experience?

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 3:35 AM, Mambawana said:

With regards to mainlining in general, what are the benefits of it in your personal experience?

It's the first one I've done. The science/theory behind it is that nutrients have the same distance to travel to each top and so you should get even nute distribution. There's probably a lot more to it. I just wanted to try it on an auto.

27 minutes ago, AcidAlice said:

It's the first one I've done. The science/theory behind it is that nutrients have the same distance to travel to each top and so you should get even nute distribution. There's probably a lot more to it. I just wanted to try it on an 

In general... how do you start your autos? Germinate them in their final pots or do you get them going in a small pot and then transplant them ?

I know there's lots of info on this on the net but nothing beats get answers from fellow local growers.

I'm assuming that you have grown quite a few autos by the fact that you trying hst like mainlining. Have you come across any that can pass as AAA cos unfortunately I haven't. The coolest auto I've grown was dark devil auto by sweet seeds.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mambawana said:

In general... how do you start your autos? Germinate them in their final pots or do you get them going in a small pot and then transplant them ?

Once they have a root after being in a glass of water, I have tried:

Final 20L

Cup -> Final 20L

Cup -> 5L -> Final 20L

Going from water glass to final works the best.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, Mambawana said:

Have you come across any that can pass as AAA

I did a Barney's Farm Blue Cheese that was well classy. Californian Snow is pretty juicy too. Newer strains coming out definitely have the potential, also FastBuds - Blackberry, Gelato or Gorilla Glue. Currently running 1 Blackberry trial.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

@AcidAlice have you run any of the Mephisto strains? He seems to have a decent following with his autos and a few autos with higher THC which has piques my interest a bit.

I have heard from some that his strains are not always the most stable with quite a few mutations popping up at time .

I have not tried any of theirs, specifically because of the mutations and two of my friends say the stability is lacking. Maybe they selling F1's? Looking at their site though, their high thc yielder is 23%, a lot of other breeders now have 20-25% strains as well.

3 hours ago, AcidAlice said:

I have not tried any of theirs, specifically because of the mutations and two of my friends say the stability is lacking. Maybe they selling F1's? Looking at their site though, their high thc yielder is 23%, a lot of other breeders now have 20-25% strains as well.

Auto's are not something I have spent a lot of time researching into really, which breeders have strains which consistently hit 25% or higher THC in terms of autos?

On Photoperiods it's becoming common to get 28% and higher now.

I like the idea of running some autos in my veg area now and then while waiting for some photoperiods to flower.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Auto's are not something I have spent a lot of time researching into really, which breeders have strains which consistently hit 25% or higher THC in terms of autos?

I really like FastBuds and they have a great reputation with the autoflower guys.

FastBuds:

Gelato - 26%

GG - 24%

Cream Cookies - 23%

Six Shooter - 23%

Cali Snow - 23%

Blackberry - 23%

GSC - 22%

Stardawg - 22%

One day when I get a tester, I will test this myself.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AcidAlice said:

I really like FastBuds and they have a great reputation with the autoflower guys.

FastBuds:

Gelato - 26%

GG - 24%

Cream Cookies - 23%

Six Shooter - 23%

Cali Snow - 23%

Blackberry - 23%

GSC - 22%

Stardawg - 22%

One day when I get a tester, I will test this myself.

All the breeders and seed banks put out big thc numbers. I don't think I would be able to correctly guess what thc percentage are in my flowers. 

What attracts me and I think most people to good weed is the terps before potency.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mambawana said:

All the breeders and seed banks put out big thc numbers. I don't think I would be able to correctly guess what thc percentage are in my flowers. 

Exactly, it's why I want my own tester.

4 hours ago, Mambawana said:

What attracts me and I think most people to good weed is the terps before potency.

Bingo, I've never really bothered with thc percentage, partly because I cannot test it anyway.

I must be honest, I wonder whether we are able to notice the difference between say 24% THC and 28% THC on the same strain.

As soon as you go for a different strain, the dominance in terms of Sativa / Indica I find plays a larger role in how you find the strain.

So what I am saying is that someone may find an Indica dominant strain with say 20% THC more potent than a Sativa dominant strain with say 24% THC. I cannot confirm whether this is actually the case, although having smoked some bud which had been tested in a lab and came back with basically 26% THC and trying to compare it to the other stuff I have grown and some of my friends have grown ... it's rather difficult.

Although I do still prefer going for a strain with higher THC percentage and some of the stuff I have grown def does not feel as strong to me compared to the strains which are listed as higher THC percentages.

For example the Bruce Banner #3 is known to have been tested above 30% THC on a regular basis and my GDP is crossed with the same BB#3 that I grew out and both are decent in terms of potency when compared to my Daquari Lime auto - not sure what THC percent the plant is rated at but since it is an auto I am going to assume around 20% and then when comparing it to my CBD Critical Mass - which is meant to only be 6 - 8% THC and then 6 - 8% CBD, I do find I need to smoke quite a little more of it to get a similar buzz going but the way the buzz comes on and affects me makes me think the CBD strain could actually be quite a bit higher in THC.

Then when comparing that 26% strain which was tested to a strain which is rated 12 - 19% THC, the difference was hard to tell. The 12 - 19% strain was a heavier indica though and the 26% strain a hybrid.

Although, when I smoked cheap outdoor bud which is seeded I literally needed like 3 bowls to get a buzz going. I'd love to be able to have more bud tested for THC Potency, although based on my limited experience I am guessing that the difference is not as noticeable unless the THC % jump is quite significant.

With that being said, I can certainly still notice a difference in potency between some strains.

In terms of terpene profiles, eh, it's part of the experience but I do not smoke for the terpene profiles. I smoke for the effects.

I have some weed which is just plain boring and tastes like cardboard but it's the exception among what I have grown.

Ironically my CBD strain stands out the most in terms of terpene profile. The smell and taste are extremely unique, to me at least.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...