Possible Potassium Def - Help

Spaceman

My plants have gone into flower (week 3 now) and I noticed that on two of my plants (both Sativa's) the lower leaves started yellowing, then curling up and falling off - I think it is a "K" deficiency, nut this is my first grow and I would like some help. I have flushed all the plants tonight and will keep you posted. The last couple of photos is just showing my plants in general - other than this mishap, I am very happy with the overall results346599858_Problems-24-09-20192.thumb.jpg.fc413b27c9f7badfcc04a48041625db9.jpg307208910_Problems-24-09-20191.thumb.jpg.bcd8d4148f39bc2463136f55afe493d7.jpg

24-09-2019 - 01.jpg

24-09-2019 - 02.jpg

24-09-2019 - 03.jpg

24-09-2019 - 04.jpg

• Like 1

I probably sounds like a stuck record but remove all the leafs that doesn't get light and those buds hiding in the bottom, remove them. They are just energy suckers.

I leave some on so that I can have testers later on though .

Defoliating plants is like the 12-1 / lantern grow method. People say no to the unknown but I am not one of those types and I said yes and did it. And my plants is now in week 6 flowering on the method and they look fucking great. Except for the slight rootbound but next run I'm going with bigger pots...... Argh there I go again sorry.

Summory, go with what your head and heart says, try it and you won't be disappointed. If not just remove some of the bigger leafs covering bud sites

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

@Smelly Joe - I am pretty much on that train as well and defoliated a lot, but with the 2 SCROG nets up it is very difficult to get into all the spaces (small 4 x 4 tent) and I cannot remove the nets as the plants have grown “into” them - this is my first grow as mentioned and I just used seeds that I had in a jar - turned out 2 of them are proper sativa and now I am running out of space - the 3rd plant is a nice fat indica and I am super stoked with the way it is turning out. 

Planning on doing some Gorilla Glue Autos on my next run

• Agree 1

@Smelly Joe I just messed around with topping, scrogging and some other stuff, because like I said it is not proper genetics and I actually just wanted to see if I could get the plants to grow and flower and learn at the same time - although I must say I wouldn’t mind to take a clone of my Indica, that plant just looks awesome and fat - I even split her stem in half at the knuckle where it was topped and “fixed” it with duct tape - worked like a charm and so I learned something

• Like 2

@420SA  - I have lost some leaves over the 3 weeks - I use the FloraCoco Grow and FloraCoco Bloom products (think it is from GHE) - what can I add to supplement? I flushed the plants last night - got the EC down to 0.9 and PH is high at 7.0 - 7.1, but it was sitting much lower 6.3 - 6.5, so i want to see what happens when I feed next 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

@420SA  - I have lost some leaves over the 3 weeks - I use the FloraCoco Grow and FloraCoco Bloom products (think it is from GHE) - what can I add to supplement? I flushed the plants last night - got the EC down to 0.9 and PH is high at 7.0 - 7.1, but it was sitting much lower 6.3 - 6.5, so i want to see what happens when I feed next 

What medium are you growing in? That PH was definitely too high and most likely the culprit

@420SA  - I am growing in soil and perlite, the Ph was much lower, but I brought it up with the flush yesterday to 7.0 to see if that will not help - the plant I had most problems with was sitting around 6.0 - 6.3 until now - what I did see was the more I flushed the higher the Ph got, even though the water was sitting at around 6.7, the Ph went all the way to 7.2, so I don't know if I should flush more until it comes down to the exact Ph number that I am flushing with

@Smelly Joe i did the scrog net and to be honest im seriously considering not doing it again. As @Spaceman mentioned, it get hard to get to all the spots, cant take them out, i just think it makes  maintaining ur plants much harder, i suppose if u got enough space then its not a problem. For next grow in looking at individual trellis for each plant, those round ones. Dont get me wrong, the scrogg net does wonders for keeping ur canopy even, but wont work for my next upgrade i got planned. 

• Like 1

@Smelly Joe i did the scrog net and to be honest im seriously considering not doing it again. As @Spaceman mentioned, it get hard to get to all the spots, cant take them out, i just think it makes  maintaining ur plants much harder, i suppose if u got enough space then its not a problem. For next grow in looking at individual trellis for each plant, those round ones. Dont get me wrong, the scrogg net does wonders for keeping ur canopy even, but wont work for my next upgrade i got planned. 
Consider an automated watering system.
Will make life easier.

Defoliation only happens around 2 or 3 times during flowering.

I'm keen to try a scrog sometime.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2