Banana Grove and Girl Scout Cookies

CreX

Hit that follow to see how it goes! 

I have decided to not start any diaries until the beans have germinated... 

So here goes!! 

I put some jiffies on a plate and kept water in the plate to keep them moist. 

Popped 2 Banana grove, and 2 Girl Scout Cookies into the jiffies, no scuff, no paper towels, no presoak... 

100% germination with tap water and jiffies😜

All 4 were completely out of the jiffies this morning, but I didn't snap a Pic. 

This is from last night

IMG_20190829_212659.jpg

• Like 4

Racing starts! 

This is now my preferred method of germination. 

Jiffies with tap water in a saucer... Seeds straight into the jiffy... Check water every day... Have joy with success!! 

Anyways... All 4 seedlings have a taproot out the bottom of the jiffy... High time I transplanted them into their first official homes!!! 

I went with pink... You know... For girls😏😏

And used some if my home cooked soil in 2 if the cups... And a just cannabis and perlite mix... Need to see if my soil is any good, and see if the just cannabis soil is any good😛😛

IMG_20190901_151630.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Would have been  nice to throw in some OM soil to compare as well, sort of like a baseline of sorts.

Would like to have a bunch of soils to test! 

Who knows... One brand might be great for seedlings but shit for other stuff... 

Likewise another brand could be good for veg but not flower... And yet another that is great for bloom but not veg. 

Im guessing most will be a general soil that aims to make all 3 grow stages happy... 

My feeling is if you are transplanting 3 times... Might as well play with the soil you use to Taylor it for the grow stages, like one does with nutes in veg and bloom.

I dono... Random stoned thought 

• Like 1

Small update on the little ones! 

They are all still very happy and all are growing at the same pace in the soils. 

What I must note, is the just cannabis soil is so loose and let's quite a lot of water pass through almost as soon as iv poured it. 

My home soil on the other hand, while still let's quite a bit of water pass through it, it seems to drain marginally slower, and stays wet atleast a day longer than the JC soil. 

But time will tell! 

IMG_20190909_210353.jpg

• Like 1

Seedlings are all okay so far.. 

Set up my new tent this weekend and one of the cups fell over, sheesh!! 

Luckily no harm done and everything is hunky dory. 

GSC on the left and Banana Grove on the right. 

Still zero noticable difference between the soils. 

IMG_20190916_060620.jpg

• Like 2

I don't get much of a banana taste to be honest, however it is a very nice strain and high.

Not too overpowering in the sense that you just want to sleep, although not stimulating as in you cannot relax. It comes on in waves and changes. I'm really enjoying the Banana Grove I still have left.

Looking good @CreX we must still make a plan to give you some OM soil to add as a comparison. Curious how the draining changes.

Do you plan on adding nutes and if so, when? That would be another good test of soil, how long the nutes last or when the plant starts becoming a bit unhappy and wanting nutes.

I'll try see how they do in these cups. 

I would like to see which starts to show deficiencies first and then repot them. 

And I was silly and used the last of the just cannabis soil I had repotting the one critical mass. 

So all these babies will go into my soil at repotting and nutes will be given when I see deficiencies in veg or at least once a month... Otherwise if no deficiency or slow growth is happening, I'll only start a proper feeding regime in bloom. 

2 minutes ago, CreX said:

I'll try see how they do in these cups. 

I would like to see which starts to show deficiencies first and then repot them. 

And I was silly and used the last of the just cannabis soil I had repotting the one critical mass. 

So all these babies will go into my soil at repotting and nutes will be given when I see deficiencies in veg or at least once a month... Otherwise if no deficiency or slow growth is happening, I'll only start a proper feeding regime in bloom. 

Brave, I don't like seeing my babies with deficiencies. Perhaps I like to feed 😛