Another DIY Grow Light

SkunkPharm

Simple and clean. This kinda gives me that reason to buy the smaller grow tent.

Just checked the driver price and it's close to R1000. What's the price on those strips??? Or a good place to check prices. I want to try it out but I also need to compare prices and do a budget before I can approach my "bank manager".

• Haha 1

Simple and clean. This kinda gives me that reason to buy the smaller grow tent.

Just checked the driver price and it's close to R1000. What's the price on those strips??? Or a good place to check prices. I want to try it out but I also need to compare prices and do a budget before I can approach my "bank manager".
Hi, The strips are quite pricey and if I could do it again I probably would have used the Bridgelux EB series gen 2. I have attached the picture of what I would buy next time. All from digikey. They are in the USA
3 days for delivery. Import tax was R450. You Have to spend more than R2000 for free delivery.e852d4463ff1682c864613c927964d1a.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

3000 bucks is pricey BUT if saved up over a 6 month period, it is completely do able. I don't really need one now but my veg lights needs to be replaced at some point. Why not in 6 months when I get all my stuff...

Thanx for that. Appreciated

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How much power can you push through each strip (how many LED's per strip?) and which Samsung diodes are those?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Each strip is 11.1V run at 1000mA. They are LM301B diodes. I am running them at 1050mA. So they do 11.655w. So the whole light is 163.17w according to my calculation.

• Like 1

I don't have an infrared thermometer. But if I quests between 30 and 40degrees Celcius.

@CreX the Meanwell drivers do get a bit warm though, although they're built for it and have an awesome 5-7 year warranty.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1