Battling with a good cure

Hey guys,

Anyone can give me some advise for a good cure.

I dont have a humidity meter for my jars, and I dont want to use those sachets, mainly because it will cost a fortune for the amount of bud grown per plant.

I follow the general burping procedures that most people and pages suggest but have had varied results with mould on different strains. 

Any big break throughs you have had in making sure its right

I hate wasting bud 😕

42 minutes ago, dbnsurfer said:

Hey guys,

Anyone can give me some advise for a good cure.

I dont have a humidity meter for my jars, and I dont want to use those sachets, mainly because it will cost a fortune for the amount of bud grown per plant.

I follow the general burping procedures that most people and pages suggest but have had varied results with mould on different strains. 

Any big break throughs you have had in making sure its right

I hate wasting bud 😕

Whattup guy, I'll share my method of drying and curing, although it begins way in the beginning in how I grow my plant. I like to lollipop each main cola in order to have many thick and stacked bud sites that can easily be hung in my tent after a quick trimming.

20190801_125853.thumb.jpg.b7a49bb0e7a67dbab26502443e6cb085.jpg

If you have an extraction system or a carbon filter setup you can keep that running in order to regulate your ventilation and humidity control. I keep these hanging until the highest smaller stems snap when you bend it. At that point, separate your nugs into 1 litre glass mason jars, the ones with the screw tops. I don't trust those clampy type mason jars. Also, if you go bigger than 1 litre jars you increase the risk of mold. Only fill your jars about 3/4 full. Keep in a cool dry place, burp once a day for at least two weeks. After that, you can burp as little as once a week. You can also give the nugs a small shake about every now and then but you don't need to go overboard. What I like to do at this point is throw in 62% Boveda Humidipaks into each jar, but I see you said you don't want to involve the humidipaks but I think you're good to go with what you need up until this point.

Hope this helps. 

• Agree 1

Temp and humidity are the most important factors here. 

Lower terms are always better... If you can keep your Temps down at around 20° that will help preserve the terp profile... This includes your growing Temps as high growing Temps can also burn off terps if you aren't careful. 

Humidity is also of paramount importance... Too high and you get moldy buds... Too low and your harvest dries out before it has time to break down the chlorophyll and other shit. From the moment you harvest and hang your plants... The humidity must not go above 65% and not lower than 50%.

It is a tight gap and can be a mission to maintain... But if you can do that... Then those thin stems will be snapping in 5 days ish... If you keep your humidity on 65, you can expect an extra day or so to dry out. 

If you can have some subtly moving air or an intake fan... it will help keep the RH down... But too much moving air fresh air will dry out the buds very quick. 

After that, Mason jars and burping... I have a small RH meter that fits in the jars nicely and I can easily see if I need to burp or not burp... I burp when my RH in the jar hits anything over 65...and close the jar when RH is around 55... Rinse wash repeat until the bud is smokable... So like 2 or 3 weeks from harvest... 

It is highly advisable to not smoke the bud as soon as it can be smoked... Quality comes from a good few months curing👌👌

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...