Milk for powdery mildew

CreX

Just letting guys know about my experience with milk to assist with powdery mildew.ย 

I have been apprehensive about using milk on my plants... Because geez, milk stinks when it goes funky and who likes that!?ย 

But I needed to do something about my PM issues. So I tried the whole milk thing.ย 

Bought a litre of PnP full cream milk... Diluted it about 40/60 in water... It would have been 50/50 but I drank alil milk ๐Ÿ˜‹

I have a 2l garden sprayer that I bought at builders for 99 bucks... This thing is a life changer haha.ย 

And so I commenced my spraying... Everything got a good spray... Under and on top of the leaves and surrounding area..ย 

And I still had about a litre left so I went around the garden and sprayed any areas iv had issues with before...ย 

It stank my grow up... Was pretty disgusting... But I let it go...ย 

White leaves, dripping with milk... I just left it... I was like... Guys say this works... So let me give it a chance...ย 

Today I go in and check what's up.. To find no powdery mildew (I need to keep an eye open for any new spots) and not only was my grow free of PM, they were praying at an angle I haven't seen in a while ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.. And no smelly milk!ย 

I must note.. That I'm running hydro systems... And some of the milk did leak into the res... Only one of them.. And those plants are praying the hardest...ย 

I will be monitoring my res for the next few days to see how things turn out... Who knows... Maybe I add a ml or 2 at each res.. Lol but more research needs to happen.ย 

So if you have been putting off a milk spray... Here's my testimony to something that worked๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would have gone 50/50... It does leave a bit of a residue, but today I Foliar sprayed with some Epsom salts to wash it a bit.. Rehydrate the milk and try squeeze more goodness out of it haha..ย 

More for a wash though...ย 

The research iv seen says results are great from a 20% solution... If cost was a factor... But at ten bucks, it's not. The work comes from the proteins and fats and amino acids in the milk...ย 

Another note is that the best results came from applying in the morning where there would be plenty sun... The effectiveness of the milk seems to be directly related to how much light it gets.ย 

On further inspection of my plants, I found one or 2 leaves that had been sprayed, but were under the canopy, and still had some PM on them... But absolutely nothing on all the top leaves that got the most light.ย 

So their theory seems to hold water this time...ย 

• Like 1

Awesome stuff bru thanks. I just sprayed my girls, giving them a few minutes to chill in the bathroom and then moer them under the Gavita again. I tried getting it all even the stalks just incase

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice! And from what I have read, a bit of milk in your medium isn't bad... And 'some' people have tried it and say it works...ย 

Like I said... My one plant prayed so hard this morning... And it was the only plant that got some milk in the res...ย 

Now I'm not saying I'm endorsing it... But ima keep an eye on it and maybe run a test or three

Keep me posted on how your ladies respond ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• Like 1

Nice! And from what I have read, a bit of milk in your medium isn't bad... And 'some' people have tried it and say it works...ย 
Like I said... My one plant prayed so hard this morning... And it was the only plant that got some milk in the res...ย 
Now I'm not saying I'm endorsing it... But ima keep an eye on it and maybe run a test or three
Keep me posted on how your ladies respond
That's awesome bru, yup will definitely let you know what happens. They got put back in about 15min ago already, could be a bit more I'm stoned.

• Like 1

Interesting, glad it works. Cheap solution for sure.

I got some AQ sf (Ampelomyces quisqualis) although purchased it for just incase, it's a parasitic fungus which basically feeds on the PM as far as I understand.
Safe to use during flowering too, as milk would be I'd imagine.

How often did you spray and how long until you saw results?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got some AQ sf (Ampelomyces quisqualis) although purchased it for just incase, it's a parasitic fungus which basically feeds on the PM as far as I understand.

I sprayed the kak out of my girls with aqsf and some canola oil to help it stick but didn't do much

6 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

ย 

One application, and the results were immediate, I use the efecto spreader/sticker that you can get from builders or where ever, and it works quite well..ย 

As for the milk, it's not a miracle cure...ย 

Yes the results speak for themselves, but I'll prob need to do this a few times to completely get rid of it..ย 

And now that iv tried it, it's no sweat to do it again... I'll prob try do it once a month... And switch it up with bicarb to reduce infection, also once a month...ย 

Then one week they get a Mg spray.. And one week a humic acids and kelp mix

Let it rain down in Africa ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 2

I sprayed the kak out of my girls with aqsf and some canola oil to help it stick but didn't do much

That's not reassuring, if I ever need to use it I'll give it a try and if nothing then switch to milk.
@CreX is the PnP brand better than the Woolies and Checkers for Powdery Mildew? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Internet says... You are going to be diluting it anyways...ย 

So any milk is fine.ย 

But internet also says that it's the fats and proteins in the milk, so a higher protein milk is better... If you can get raw milk that hasn't been processed, I guess that milk would have the most diverse amino acids and proteins and bacteria and good stuff... But it's not so easy for me to get straight from the cow milk lol... PnP will have to do๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1

Pull that shit straight from the tit of a pregnant lady bro fucking tell you the plants will be booming! LoL Psy well dude I don't know what's going on, I used the AQ-SF last time during veg and got decent results with pm doing a fucking off of note and now I went in the last few weeks, spraying atleast once a week with the AQ-SF and the PM just came back. I sprayed the top, bottom and stalks of all those girls. Spraying 2L finish and klaar and had to do that for about 2-3 weeks in a row. Kinda pissed me off

• Haha 1

I believe it can take a bit of time for the AQ sf to work, I don't fully understand it although from what I read and how it is meant to work - something along the lines of it also "colonizing" or growing over / on / inย  the PM and then it finally start to eat it away.

So I believe it can take up to 2 weeks, although should eat it away then and it should be gone.

ย 

Milk is an easy, cheap option though - albeit a smelly one.

• Like 1

@Pat999, how did your milk spray go?

Iv since injected my res with milk...ย 

Testing at a rate of 2ml per 10l

Plants in the test res responded the same way as when I did the spray... Praying hard... Roots are... Fluffy? Solid new root growth still, no Ill effects...ย 

Res goes milky... But clears up within a day

ย 

So now I'm trying in another res to see what happens... Wish me luck

• Like 1

[mention=1162]Pat999[/mention], how did your milk spray go?
Iv since injected my res with milk...ย 
Testing at a rate of 2ml per 10l
Plants in the test res responded the same way as when I did the spray... Praying hard... Roots are... Fluffy? Solid new root growth still, no Ill effects...ย 
Res goes milky... But clears up within a day
ย 
So now I'm trying in another res to see what happens... Wish me luck
Spray went surprisingly well I must admit bru. Maybe one or two spots left but the majority is gone. I'll be spraying them again this weekend coming when I'm off. I only have a few weeks left for my girls so just trying to stoot through it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pat999 said:

Spray went surprisingly well I must admit bru. Maybe one or two spots left but the majority is gone. I'll be spraying them again this weekend coming when I'm off. I only have a few weeks left for my girls so just trying to stoot through it

ย 

Nice dude!ย 

Yea I also found a few spots... Mostly because they were hidden below the canopy surface... So I took all remaining PM leaves off in a mini defoliationย 

• Like 1

Nice dude!ย 
Yea I also found a few spots... Mostly because they were hidden below the canopy surface... So I took all remaining PM leaves off in a mini defoliationย 
I'm actually halfway through week 5 already so yeah stoked, I'll be spraying 2L of that probably on Sunday morning at like 2AM

• Haha 1

Keep me posted to how it goes with your buds forming... I see the milk does leave a bit of a residue...ย 

Maybe go in alil weaker, seeing as your first go was successful...ย 

The ratios the internet has played with say a 20% mix is also very effective...ย 

Might be all you need to get rid of it

• Like 1

Keep me posted to how it goes with your buds forming... I see the milk does leave a bit of a residue...ย 
Maybe go in alil weaker, seeing as your first go was successful...ย 
The ratios the internet has played with say a 20% mix is also very effective...ย 
Might be all you need to get rid of it
I do see a bit of it left but nothing a quick bicarb spray off can't fix to get it skoon for the next round of milky spray?

Small update on my milk experiment...ย 

There seems to be a really good reaction...ย 

I have a control tub of milk water... And then the res.ย 

I add 5ml to the res, and 5ml to the control tub...ย 

The water in the res clears up within 24 hours, the control tub does not clear.ย 

This means that my roots are absorbing the milk, or the microbes and mycos are...ย 

Either way, the plants display beautifully and happy... New growth seems to look Like it's trying to climb out of itself... Praying leaves...ย 

So either the milk is being absorbed by the roots and that is making the plants happy...ย 

Or the microbes and mycos are absorbing it and they are happier, in turn making the plants happier...ย 

Maybe there is a chain of events that the microbes process the milk, and feed the processed milk to the roots...ย 

All I'm saying is... I'm gonna run more tests, but I am onto something here๐Ÿ‘Œ

• Like 1