First time growing

AllyB

Hi Everyone

I am from pretoria and i started smoking a couple of months ago, i am exploring and i just love how it takes my anxiety away, makes me feel relaxed and i also do house work with a smile, and I just really enjoy it, helps me with creativity in my artwork and writings, so I am blessed.

I started growing and twice they died, 3rd time lucky, because they are still growing no deaths yet lol, I am owerwelemed sometimes because there is still so much I need to learn, its amazing, like a religion of some sort J

I am glad I stumbled upon this forum, hope to make some good friendship connections, and to feed my brain.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

Welkom. Are you growing in or outdoors?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you

I am growing in doors for now, its a experiment didn't think they will last this long since i had some bad luck, they get enough sun because my others died in the heat last summer. When they bigger i will take them outside. I am very new at this IMG_20190628_165937.thumb.jpg.f36a95df6516454a355265b276ba62e0.jpgI

growing.jpg

IMG_20190701_072026.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Welcome!

Start a new thread and share with us how you are growing, perhaps some of the members can provide you with some advice and tips to ensure your plants do not die again.

Thank you will have to when i am home, work is so hectic today 😊

Hi Allyb,
Welcome to the forum.
Growing outdoors as well, but our outdoor temps do not drop as low as Pretoria.
So our plants are all outside on the westerly side, facing the sun(full sun), from seedling stage to get max exposure.
In winter we chase the sun, cause these plants love it. Just introduce them gradually if they are used to indoors and they should be fine.

Keep it growing.
Bos

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thank you
I am growing in doors for now, its a experiment didn't think they will last this long since i had some bad luck, they get enough sun because my others died in the heat last summer. When they bigger i will take them outside. I am very new at this IMG_20190628_165937.thumb.jpg.f36a95df6516454a355265b276ba62e0.jpgI
growing.thumb.jpg.0ed0b8ff28bccfddca44ebd49cfa3a13.jpg
IMG_20190701_072026.thumb.jpg.7e1b2a6e69920d4f5be399ae9ed77dc4.jpg
You will probably need a couple of lights. Get them big enough and then transplant them outside in spring.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Current GP temps do not allow for outside growing. You need to try to keep the temps in the 18-29 range, 25 being the sweet spot for day time in my experience. They are generally hardy plants and can withstand temps up to 33, but will need quite a bit of spraying and watering when they get bigger.

You will need to get some kit for indoor growing, without which, sadly, I don't believe those will make it either. Lights will increase the temps (if in an enclosed area) but normal household globes will add absolutely no value.

Easiest to do would be to pop some seeds inti soil mid August, by the time they are the size of your current ones, it will be warm enough to grow outside.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk