GSR - White Widow DWC/Soil Diary

CreX

It's Sunday and nothing has really happened yet... Will give them another few days and check again... 
Really Hope I'm not cursed with bad seed juju
Fuck bro me and my friend grew out a white widow a few months ago, can't remember the breeder but that thing was a piece of shit. It gained PM quicker than a prostitute gaining an STD. Even the structure was off, like way super heavy indica and it was just such a mission. The other day my friend got a new WW clone that has more sat/indi hybrid leaves, nodes looking good so I hope this one is all good. I really hope your beans pop man, you spray those jiffy pellets almost every day to keep em moist?

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Pat999 said:

Fuck bro me and my friend grew out a white widow a few months ago, can't remember the breeder but that thing was a piece of shit. It gained PM quicker than a prostitute gaining an STD. Even the structure was off, like way super heavy indica and it was just such a mission. The other day my friend got a new WW clone that has more sat/indi hybrid leaves, nodes looking good so I hope this one is all good. I really hope your beans pop man, you spray those jiffy pellets almost every day to keep em moist?

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Iv been monitoring the tops to make sure they don't go dry dry... The hydro keeps em moist... Not soggy👌

Yea man I'm keen to see them grow... Hopefully they are what iv been told!! 

Edit - my curiosity got the better of me this morning and I went to investigate what's taking long... 

Barely scrapped the top mm of the jiffys and lo and behold... 2 seedlings that will probably be another 3 days before I see them emerge on their own... 

Note to self... Exercise some damn restraint and patience Richard!! 

Edited by CreX
Because I'm a nosey fuck
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 8:11 AM, CreX said:

Iv been monitoring the tops to make sure they don't go dry dry... The hydro keeps em moist... Not soggy👌

Yea man I'm keen to see them grow... Hopefully they are what iv been told!! 

Edit - my curiosity got the better of me this morning and I went to investigate what's taking long... 

You're not alone on that one dude! 🙂

Edited by MrE

With great sadness, this grow diary is now closed... 

Both seeds died shortly after becoming apparent.. 

The cause was unusual seed husk strength that prevented growth, on both seeds though? 

I dono... I did move some coco fibers around to see what was happening after 5 days, but sheesh that was such light work moving some fibres aside.. Didn't even dig... So I'm sure I never damaged them

They were free seeds, so I can imagine they weren't the cream of the crop. 

Check it out, husks were super stuck to the cotyledons 

IMG_20190710_061647.jpg

IMG_20190710_194738.jpg

• Sad 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By afternoon blazer
      What up growmigos
      So got abit bored and wanted to do 1 last run before the year is up.
      Gona give the autos a break for now.
      STRAINS
      Regulars - Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze (5) shout out to @Totemic
      Feminized - White Rhino (5)
      Bag - OG Kush (3)

Started off in small pots. Was all i had.
      And due to this not being an auto run, they would need transplants later on. ( i wanted to start small and then select the best babies to be transplanted.)
      Due to the unpredictability of the bag seeds and the regulars i decided to pot a few and see which will be worthy of a transplant.
      Im going to try and keep them outdoors for now. As my grow box currently has the Mixed auto run.
      If sprouting and growing goes well. I will then put them in the grow box and let the autos grow outdoors. (The autos havnt started flowering yet, so waiting on that)
      Seeds poted today. So first watering should be in a couple of days. Weather is bleek this week so pots not drying up too much.
      ✌😉

• By Bakstein420
      Hi 420
      I have grown a few outdoor plants but never made it to harvest due to garden services, mad dog etc and so decided to try indoor to protect my babies.
      I purchased some auto's from gsr, I'm a big fan of northern lights.
      https://www.greensmokeroomseeds.com/index.php?_route_=sa-local-stock/auto-local/nothern-berry-gold-feminised-seeds&limit=50
      https://www.greensmokeroomseeds.com/index.php?_route_=sa-local-stock/auto-local/auto-northern-blueberry-lights-feminised-seeds&limit=50
      Since this was the first time using purchased seeds, I decided to use rockwool cubes and a humidity dome. I soaked the seeds in ph'd declorinated water for 12 hours (they had sank to the bottom) then placed them in the soaked rockwool cubes in a humidity dome and stuck them in the cupboard. 
      After 7 days nothing happened, so I carefully opened up the rockwool to find 1 seed just starting a tap root while the 2nd seed showed no sign change.
      Contacting GSR they recommended I place the humidity domes in a sunny spot, which I did. 
      It is now 4 days later and the seed that did crack is showing really slow progress (pic 1) while the 2nd seed still hasn't popped.
      Since this was also my first time using rockwool I suspected that could be the problem. I took 2 more GSR seeds and used my usual technique that I have had great success with bag seed.
      Soak seeds in ph'd dechlorinated water for 12 hours, place on wet kitchen towel, put in zip lock bag and leave under modem.
      After 4 days 1 seed has just cracked the shell (pic 2) but once again there is nothing happening with the 2nd seed.
      Both times it was the north berry gold that showed progress, albeit slow progress. The other strain seems to have no interest in germinating.
      I am based in Durban so I doubt temperature or humidity could be an issue. Now that you know the story, please point out what I am doing wrong