Silent inline fans

Whats good everyone!

Since getting a new light i have been unable to run it at full tilt due to heat issues. With ambient temps of 22-25C in my grow room, my cupboard is still pushing 30C+ 😪

my cupboard is 1m x 0.5 x 1.6, running 240W QB. I have a 100mm PC fan pulling in air from the bottom and a bathroom extractor pulling out ontop. The plan is to use the bathroom extractor to pull in air from the bottom and to get a silent inline fan to extract the warm air out & then using the PC fan to pull air straight off the heatsink.

I've had a good look online, there isnt a huge selection to choose from but looking to get the most "silent" option available. Anyone have suggestions?

• Like 1

Sup Buddy, well I switched from a metal inline 125mm or something like that to a 200mm plastic inline. The inline fan as a general makes alot of noise, but surprisingly the plastic is more quiet than the metal fan. If you're bothered about noise you can buy yourself a cheap pillow at PEP, a plastic tote at Game. Cut a hole on each side to run ducting in, pack that badboy heavy with the pillow foam. Should make it less noisy.

The 125mm inline fan works perfect and would be more than enough for your cab. Passive intake at the bottom should be sorted. Don't even know if I answered your question

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

Whats good everyone!

Since getting a new light i have been unable to run it at full tilt due to heat issues. With ambient temps of 22-25C in my grow room, my cupboard is still pushing 30C+ 😪

my cupboard is 1m x 0.5 x 1.6, running 240W QB. I have a 100mm PC fan pulling in air from the bottom and a bathroom extractor pulling out ontop. The plan is to use the bathroom extractor to pull in air from the bottom and to get a silent inline fan to extract the warm air out & then using the PC fan to pull air straight off the heatsink.

I've had a good look online, there isnt a huge selection to choose from but looking to get the most "silent" option available. Anyone have suggestions?

Run your light at 75%. I have the same light and at 75% there's a 4 degree difference in my cab. My extraction fan is only 87cfm and it works perfectly. Inline fans are pricey and loud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG420za said:

Run your light at 75%. I have the same light and at 75% there's a 4 degree difference in my cab. My extraction fan is only 87cfm and it works perfectly. Inline fans are pricey and loud.

Which driver did you get? My driver only dims until 50%, after its full blast. i currently have 52CFM extraction, when its cold outside my temps are in the 24-27C range.
I fear an inline fan is going to be my only choice if i want to run this light to its full potential

4 hours ago, Pat999 said:

Sup Buddy, well I switched from a metal inline 125mm or something like that to a 200mm plastic inline. The inline fan as a general makes alot of noise, but surprisingly the plastic is more quiet than the metal fan. If you're bothered about noise you can buy yourself a cheap pillow at PEP, a plastic tote at Game. Cut a hole on each side to run ducting in, pack that badboy heavy with the pillow foam. Should make it less noisy.

The 125mm inline fan works perfect and would be more than enough for your cab. Passive intake at the bottom should be sorted. Don't even know if I answered your question emoji28.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response bud! You have somewhat answered my question, i thought the metal inline fans would be softer but it turns out a plastic one would be a better choice!
Now just to figure out which plastic inline fan is going to be the softest :-thumbsup

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

Which driver did you get? My driver only dims until 50%, after its full blast. i currently have 52CFM extraction, when its cold outside my temps are in the 24-27C range.
I fear an inline fan is going to be my only choice if i want to run this light to its full potential

I've got the HLG-240H-48B.

Running them at 100% isn't ideal. I worry that the inline fan will pull all your heat out

1 hour ago, Dr. Green said:

I own a couple of s&p TD silent fans. I have a 100mm for intake and 125mm exhaust. The 125mm is really quiet. Problem is they are huge so only consider if you have space. Got them from fans.co.za 

looks like my only option locally would be the TD Silent. I see the TD 100mm/4" going for R2500 on futurama😥. How much do they cost on fans.co.za, i see no prices?

1 hour ago, CG420za said:

I've got the HLG-240H-48B.

Running them at 100% isn't ideal. I worry that the inline fan will pull all your heat out

What size space are you in and what temps are you getting with the 87CFM extraction?

1 hour ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

looks like my only option locally would be the TD Silent. I see the TD 100mm/4" going for R2500 on futurama😥. How much do they cost on fans.co.za, i see no prices?

What size space are you in and what temps are you getting with the 87CFM extraction?

TD 250/100 is R1760 excluding vat