Newbie Question: Secret Jardin Lodge 100

I am an outdoor grower looking to get into indoor growing. Mainly to sex & keep clones going till my next years growing season.

What is your opinion on the Lodge 100 for an indoor newbie??  https://www.secretjardin.com/catalogue/growtent/lodge-small/lodge-100x60x158-cm/bl,product,300,0 It would allow me to grow one or 2 females to flower - handy in winter for an outdoor grower. 

I was wondering if vegging clones in a tent during winter and then putting them out to flower in winter sun would be worth it? I live in a frost free area

Thanks!

Edited by Garden_grow

@Q9550 Thanks for your reply

Yeah it's R3990 so quite a bit more.

The cloning area draws my attention. I'd have to get a small propagator to get clones and flowering plants going at once.  Have linked a propagator that would cost R1570

Do you think it's possible to get an acceptable crop if I vegged indoors in the Mars Grow Tent and then put the plants outdoors in winter sun? (No frost here)

That way I could do cloning + veg in the Mars tent and flowering outside in winter . Then flip to using the tent to flowering indoors in summer while vegging/cloning outdoors

DP-60.jpg

Edited by Garden_grow
More clarity

Yeah you could do exactly that, i've seen a few guys do veg in flower out and vice versa with great success. My only concern would be during the veg out and flower in cycle, depending on the area you in you might bring bugs and pests into the tent which is never a good thing.

I've never used one personally but the Jardin tents look like they worth every cent, looks to be quite a sturdy design.

Are you purchasing locally?

Yeah that bugs indoors thing is what worries me too.

So maybe it's better to run it as an indoor setup and only move plants outdoors from it rather than bring indoors? 

I would purchase locally through Grohydro. I'd rather not take on the import... unless you reckon it's a whole lot cheaper

I am an outdoor grower looking to get into indoor growing. Mainly to sex & keep clones going till my next years growing season.
What is your opinion on the Lodge 100 for an indoor newbie??  https://www.secretjardin.com/catalogue/growtent/lodge-small/lodge-100x60x158-cm/bl,product,300,0 It would allow me to grow one or 2 females to flower - handy in winter for an outdoor grower. 
I was wondering if vegging clones in a tent during winter and then putting them out to flower in winter sun would be worth it? I live in a frost free area
Thanks!

Some advise based on personal experience. Buy the biggest possible tent you have space for, you'll soon run out of space and realize you would've liked something bigger. Something I recently saw is a mammoth tent, which is seperate for vegging and flowering. Definitely going to look into this.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[mention=1249]Trailblazer420[/mention] I have read that a few times. Literally no space though. I'm planning to do this in my bathroom. 
How noisy is an indoor tent?
My only other option is to put it next to my bed (more space) but I'm a light sleeper and a background hum is likely to keep me up. 

Not very noisy, basically just the oscillating fan you hear. If you're a light sleeper it's time to grow some indica :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well.. my first choice would be the Optic 1xl but I only need one. (To get free shipping I need to buy 2. I'd need to find a buy partner - not easy as am isolated)

https://opticledgrowlights.com/products/optic-1-xl-cob-led-grow-light-100w-3500k-cob

Otherwise I suppose my next bet would be the HGL 100 

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/search?q=100

Some say that the HGL 65 might be enough but if I want to have a full canopy it looks a bit lean

https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/products/hlg-65

I would look at getting the light locally. It would be cheaper. I would get 2 lights. Run autos only and would plant one plant each month. Thus having a perpetual cycle. If you plant autos only you don't have to worry about light cycles. Just run 18hours all the time.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks @SkunkPharm for your comment. So you are saying 2 x 100w led lights in 60x 60 space rather ? 

I am probably going to get the HGL 100 locally through Marigrowauna @ +- R3500. 2 of them is a bit more than I can easily afford. 

The Groguru 300w draw LED would be better bang for buck - just way more than I want to spend on lights https://growguru.co.za/collections/plant-lighting/products/720w-cob-full-spectrum-led-grow-light

I've read lights generate a lot of controversy on this forum but have not found topics yet that expand on the controversy 

Not that enthusiastic about auto's , not had much luck with them outdoors even in this light soil mix - in fibre pots  :

3 parts peat moss
    3 parts compost
    2 parts perlite, pre-wet
    1 part vermiculite, pre-wet

The purpose of this indoor setup is mainly to sex regular seeds and generate clones & keep em alive for outdoor planting where my main harvest would come from. So auto's would pull me off that purpose

The side benefit would be a small winter harvest either through putting multiple waves of clones outdoors to flower in winter or to flower a small plant or 2 in the tent

Edited by Garden_grow
Clarity

If that is all you want to do, then get a QB light from Growopz at R1500. You can buy 2 if you budget is R3k. Then you have 140w instead of 65w. Mother's and clones can be kept in the same tent, so one tent is enough. You could even buy a 150w MH. I am currently doing a grow with 2 50w cobs and a 150w high intensity discharge lamp. They are four weeks into veg now and looking to flip to flower. I am going to flower outdoors. Just waiting for the rain to pass.
Check out@yourstonedbuddy amadeadly run. That was a QB from growopz.
You don't have to spend thousands on grow gear. I know I learnt the hard way. Start with less you can always add on later especially with cobs and qb's. You cannot go wrong if you buy the right lights.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1