Gnome

Hydro vegetable garden bata test

This is the first constant running with no issues got some plants in lets see how they do 

DSC_0017.JPG

• Like 4

Nice. Got a dwc chilli plant going for the hell of it too.
Can see it poking it's head out above the Charlotte's angel 97b7145efd01496c47176d26b81772fd.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The problem's I ran into 

Flow this was the majority of problems I had but it seems that I sorted out the problem 

Next issue I have is blood worms and no luck eradicating them might have to scrap the plants I have and start again 

• Sad 1

So I was able to kill off the blood worms and I did not have to scratch all the plants

some had defence against the blood worms I think and survived 

They did take a little bit of damage from the treatment to kill off the worms 

But the problem now is mosquitoes 

But what is interesting is the difference in growth rate of 3 types of basil all 3 cuttings were the same length and cut at the same time and just placed into the system 

DSC_0116.thumb.JPG.772e22045c04bfe0cd00800ea326fa28.JPGDSC_0117.thumb.JPG.7ff620fbe54c31067c1b063e0fb80478.JPGDSC_0118.thumb.JPG.27e26634c5e117031c91ea63709c2e67.JPG

this tomato cutting grew like crazy 

DSC_0113.thumb.JPG.649a52b09f94fa0314955256cf8d5bd1.JPG

DSC_0119.thumb.JPG.5b75cd06bf982baebf22dd42b45dd923.JPG

Spring onions took a hard hit but picking up again 

DSC_0111.thumb.JPG.d8d58489fadc7aff3b6dce9266c30e76.JPG

DSC_0114.thumb.JPG.b6142a704507e84789f6e47d9abdc27d.JPGDSC_0115.thumb.JPG.d318a37295c055e253b3823fb1e41bd2.JPG

mosquitoes But thinking of getting guppies or goldfish and keeping the nutrients organic by way of seed sprout tea's and sea grow 

DSC_0120.thumb.JPG.1dddf2d93396c3c19c2d3ffa2c5526c1.JPG

• Like 1

Glad you recovered. Both issues seem to relate to stagnant water. Are you running flood and drain?
My dwc chilli is happy af. Weekly res dump, fill with tap water and dump in nutes.
A little root discoloration from heat but otherwise no bugs
The key is moving water. Aeration if not and change weekly108ad3ecce846435e80822a3266d6627.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

It is a running water system but I think that it needs a faster flow but I am struggling to match input and output 

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong... But blood worms are the larvae of the midge fly? 

I did alil research and could not find any bad vibes from them... The bloodworms eat green algea. 

The midge Flys are irritating but not a nuisance... And my roots are very happy, I would say even happier when the blood worms are on them. 

then it might not have been blood worms but they were blood red and ate my roots

Ah okay... I have a small midge population that I keep in check with a small spider population (not spider mites, just regular bug eating spiders lol) 

And like I said, my roots are extremely happy with them, no damage on the roots or any bad vibes... They do a pretty good cleanup of debris within the water... 

And worms poop too... Fresh vermicompast lol... Albeit insignificant amounts... But it's there 😝

Like... Little house spiders... Hundred times bigger than a mite... They do web, but they web on the walls and not so much on the plants... Not that I mind the web on the plants as I feel it improves the protection... Especially for pesky thrips and white flies

These red worms I had was like a cm long 
Did you take pics? Were they on the plants? It's not the first time I read about red/orange worms.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I have quite a few pics... I'll show you when I'm home... Mine are also about a cm long. 

You should be seeing lots of green Looking mozzies flying around 

Whenever you say flying I think gnats. They're like my newest pet hate. I saw movement in my tent today, so happens it's just an ash floater. I nearly died. Shows you though, even when not smoking in your grow area, shit still gets in.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Here is what I have

First Pic is the red worm on the roots, the roots are much whiter.. The HPS gives it that yellow tinge

Second Pic is the homes they make with their shit and the crap that is in the water, very good cleaners

And the third Pic is the adult midge fly, harmless, they live for 5 days and then die and don't actually eat anything while in adult form... But my spiders like them

In all honesty I feel that my water is really plant friendly because of them. And don't see myself taking any steps to get rid of them 😋

IMG_20190618_211015.jpg

IMG_20190106_135534.jpg

images (2).jpeg