Thoughs on Steel Cupboard setup

Hansom1

So I've managed to get myself a steel cabinet well it really just was being tossed. 

I've looked around and seen some stealthy growcabnets. And though I could start a small project. 

But I'll leave it to you guys what do you think is the best set up for such a cupboard. 

Picture attached below.

:-rastadance

images-36.jpg.f35c20abc7c37415e4c2de715b1cf978.jpg

LED or CFL. You could perhaps place a few tubes in there, alternatively 2 x 200w CFL. Only issue is, you're not going to get much reflection off the sides, if you stuck mylar on the inside, you're quickly moving towards the same price as a small tent, which is designed to grow in.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

You can just paint the inside white. 300watt Led or CFLs would be ok for this cub board. I have used the same steel cupboard as a veg tent. It did get hot though. I had to leave it open. That steel is quite hard. You will need an angle grinder to cut the vent holes. Then use computer fans as an in and out let. You will only be able to grow 1 or 2 plants in it. You will probably be better off selling it and buying a tent. But that is just my opinion. Good luck; AWE!!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

You can just paint the inside white. 300watt Led or CFLs would be ok for this cub board. I have used the same steel cupboard as a veg tent. It did get hot though. I had to leave it open. That steel is quite hard. You will need an angle grinder to cut the vent holes. Then use computer fans as an in and out let. You will only be able to grow 1 or 2 plants in it. You will probably be better off selling it and buying a tent. But that is just my opinion. Good luck; AWE!!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

You dont by any chance have pictures of the setup you had going so I can have a bit of an idea of how to go about it.  Were you doing and training with the plants then?

You can always scavenge for unwanted sunscreens - the big shiny ones obviously......

My typa guy! 10 points there why didn't I think of this flip. I know one of the Chinese wholesalers where these are dirt cheep.

GIVE THIS MAN A DRAG! :-rasta

Thanks, but really, IMHO it's all about the cost-benefit ratio, which is is really the lens through which I view my own grow project, plus with the legalization of home cultivation and use, the whole indoor thing becomes increasingly more questionable as you now have a far lower risk factor of police raids...... It just doesn't make sense, indoor growing come at such a high cost, like talking triple bottom line here, the setup costs are high, the electricity, special nutes and stuff are all extremely high, and it's bad for the environment, I mean we still make power from coal and so you talking about a big carbon footprint here you can do without.....

So really, I'm keen to try my outdoor,  I know I'm not a pro, but really, I don't find the reasons for indoor growing all that convincing for me, I'll still get weed that gets me stoned and help with pain and my epilepsy without being irresponsible to both my budget and my environment. So what if they brag about better quality, at what cost dooes that need to come with? I mean, you can buy a golden toilet, with butt scanners and warmers and automatic pooping chairs, but at the end of the day you just want to relief yourself and flush the shit away.....

You can always scavenge for unwanted sunscreens - the big shiny ones obviously......

My typa guy! 10 points there why didn't I think of this flip. I know one of the Chinese wholesalers where these are dirt cheep.

I wouldn't suggest using anything other than Mylar or sissalation for reflective material. If car sunscreens use one of those materials then great. If they don't then I wouldn't suggest it

I wouldn't suggest using anything other than Mylar or sissalation for reflective material. If car sunscreens use one of those materials then great. If they don't then I wouldn't suggest it

Yeah, Mylar is the only thing that doesn't create hotspots. IMO matt white may have better distribution than gloss white, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the advice, will have alook into it. Can you tell me why you advise against it is there some sort of chemical reaction we are trying to avoid? What are the reason for the reflective material. Is it only for reflective properties? Or is it for insulation aswell?

It's for reflective purposes. It can be done without reflection, however, only your top nodes would swell. The mylar allows for even distribution maximizing yield. Do not use tinfoil hoping for the same result. Flat white is the next beat thing, just plain PVA will do the trick.

Thanks for the advice. You guys are all so forthcoming it's amazing.

Give it time, by your 3rd grow you'll be playing with Temps to modify colours etc. :)

You have just blown my mind. 

I really need to do more research, I was under the impression that different strains produced the different colour yields. Or are you referring to this pallet I've seen on one of the threads here. 👇🏽

uploadfromtaptalk1441209261048.png.d18ec0315bb7df2cb6db19809f63e4d0.png

Some strains are more prone to having a certain colour, however, the Temps play big role. If you control your night time Temps and bring it down to let's say 18deg, you have a good chance of it turning purplish. Some strains more so than others.

My daytime Temps run around 25,night time Temps around 18

Some strains are more prone to having a certain colour, however, the Temps play big role. If you control your night time Temps and bring it down to let's say 18deg, you have a good chance of it turning purplish. Some strains more so than others.

My daytime Temps run around 25,night time Temps around 18

🤓 definatly a reason for an indoor stelth grow. I enjoy growing and seeing how to manipulate growth for the ultimate yield but now that I can change genetics of a plant with light and temp. It just fires me up more to want to get this cupboard done. 

The excitement! :yipeeee

Cool bananas....

So guess brilliant white glossy paint then.....

That  being said, I stil stand by my scepticism about the whole question on having indoor in the first place...

Thoughts?

I guess its more of a personal prefferance. I'm looking to grow the ultimate bud. In an environment I can control, where I'm able to manipulate certain climate changes. 

I am still very much planting outdoors not with the legalization I've just got tomuch fertile soil I can use.

In conclusion

The stelth grow is more a hobby than just a means to grow my own.