Nirvana AK48 & White Rhino - First grow

Duracell

Thanks guys, very chuffed with the results of my first attempt thus far!

Getting really impatient to have a quality smoke and then to apply all I’ve learned in the next attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and I both brother, 2 weeks left this side on my first grow also. Who would of thought 8 weeks can take soooooo long, and that just flower

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I’ve been a bit absent with work and haven’t posted for a while.

Sooo, here’s some mouthwatering pics at 49 days flowering :

WR colas have to be supported now:

df472bea1963e863f0b827847db23b20.jpg

Busy grow tent:

5eedb12be967a547ed9890ff052602ec.jpg

One AK48 from top:

d551eea718f0e0eb199d8b98a08c810a.jpg

But the interesting part is the bottom of this lady:

5053caee603c8be0d19e15ddb541b775.jpg

Frost everywhere!!

Supposed to be 9 week strains, but it doesn’t look as if they are going to be ready in two weeks.

Wish one could transmit smells over the net - smells SOO good when I open up the room

Ok, I’ve been a bit absent with work and haven’t posted for a while.

Sooo, here’s some mouthwatering pics at 49 days flowering :

WR colas have to be supported now:

df472bea1963e863f0b827847db23b20.jpg

Busy grow tent:

5eedb12be967a547ed9890ff052602ec.jpg

One AK48 from top:

d551eea718f0e0eb199d8b98a08c810a.jpg

But the interesting part is the bottom of this lady:

5053caee603c8be0d19e15ddb541b775.jpg

Frost everywhere!!

Supposed to be 9 week strains, but it doesn’t look as if they are going to be ready in two weeks.

Wish one could transmit smells over the net - smells SOO good when I open up the room

Hope you have something to check the Trichome , my Vanilla is and was also full of frost early on but she is still going and the Trichs are slowly changing. Really no use going 4 months and harvesting a week or 2 too early as the best things happen in that period....I believe.

Did a bit of an upgrade with my lights - added another 2 x 400W HPS lights and moved all ballasts outside the tent.

Day 57 of flower and things seem to be moving towards the end now, I guess another 2-3 weeks.

1e0010e9c54403518e05b40afb1a09b0.jpg

My growing fire hazard

3daf1d142bc6b77abb6e007fdbc1c707.jpg

Excellent coverage of all nooks and crannies.

6dd61076093ab2aecbcdf5cd5b433dbd.jpg

c6970f74122fe18b978a4c8fdfd1693d.jpg

c30252ea125fa0767eb1d496fa2b9578.jpg

Will pull out the SLR to take some better pics soon.

Looking good bud but all that plugged into one 15amp outlet makes me worry a bit lol have you tested the how many amps you are drawing? If those are magnetic ballasts you are at about 19 amps roughly.... if they digital ballasts you should be fine

How many amps does a 600w digital ballast pull?

Looking good bud but all that plugged into one 15amp outlet makes me worry a bit lol have you tested the how many amps you are drawing? If those are magnetic ballasts you are at about 19 amps roughly.... if they digital ballasts you should be fine

Watts divided by volts? Or does that not apply?

About 3 amp. But you got to remember the startup surge, which will briefly push it up to about 6 amp.

Start 4 600 watters at the same time, on the same circuit, and you’ll likely trip a 15 amp breaker. If Mr Murphy is lurking around, your wiring might be shoddy, the breaker faulty, or some other evil concoction of circumstance, will have you paying a visit to your insurance broker.

Watts divided by volts? Or does that not apply?

In an ideal world if the power factor of the ballasts was 1.0 yes you could use the watts/ volts calculation but nothing runs at a true 1.0 PF as electronics will always have some loss.

Magnetic ballasts have a power factor of about 0.6 which means you need more amps to get to the 400w because it's looses 40% of it's power to heat ect.

That's why digital ballasts cost less to run as they have a power factor on 0.96 so only looses a small amount in the exchange.  On a simple test I did my 400w digital pulled 1.9amps while my magnetic 400w pulled 4.1amps

All digital ballasts will have a PF factor printed on the side and some will have amp draw as well .

Thanks for the concerns guys, I have subsequently switched off one of the lights due to thoughts in the same direction.

When this grow comes to fruition I will run a dedicated 4mm circuit to my grow room to cope with the load. ( There’s an aircon on the same circuit too )

FLUSHING!! - FINALLY!!

I would appreciate any input as to do’s and don’ts for flushing, drying and curing.

How long do you hydro gurus flush?

Don’t want to fuck up more than 4 months of loving care and work by inadvertently doing something stupid

Seriously looking forward to testing these frosty ladies!

9591240eddadb7abc2cc78af6a579b5e.jpg

9 Weeks in flower.

d5504695506f1efd7d5d83214aa91361.jpg

My PRECIOUS 🤤

ab765ec9f7bc3bee37163b2e2aa32e37.jpg

7bfd86cb7eecaf6105aaa78a6ae89c58.jpg

625cbb13e09eb351cc443f57c78ab9da.jpg

f1178ca26d1083784ac7165f80fa5df0.jpg

96f8b54e1b57d5007037502d3390cdff.jpg

Couldn’t resist buying the drying net, looks cool - do the buds stick to the net?

Nice Duracell!

Try keep humidity at 60% while drying for a week to two weeks. It’s difficult- I usually only manage about a week before I have to jar.

Have some air movement in the room, but not much, and not directly at the bud.

Looking forward to that smoke report, and don’t forget, we’d love to know your final yield!

I'll be well keen to hear how your flush goes. I'm also heading to flush soonish and thin on good DWC flushing practices; unfortunately for us, most of the forum seems to lean to organics, soil, a few coco, etc.  Most info I've seen elsewhere is the standard argument and diatribe, with the exception of some peeps choosing to swing pH and lock their plants out, sound logic but I lack the balls to try.

What's your POA for the flush?

Hi narnia,

I’ve been too sticky ALLLL weekend to reply

Harvested Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights - knew is was going to be a lot of work, but FOK! My back is stuffed

HUGE Thank You to my wife that sat helping me every night!

Leaves didn’t really turn yellow, lower leaves turned slightly lighter green. I reckoned that a weeks flushing in DWC is sufficient and I had to harvest over a weekend.

I will post some pics of the clothesline first chance I get.

I weighed the wet bud to compare with dried weight - ended up with 2.7kg wet bud from the four plants (1.5kg from the large WR alone).

What would you guys say the dried bud will weigh?

Something I’ll do differently next time is trim the lower branches much more as I ended up with too much shitty little popcorn wannabe buds on the lower branches that took for EVER to trim.

ae892ae7bd2c236b8a2ede7e63481b82.jpg

This is about 1/2 of the large WR plant

Very Very Very nice man !! Congrats !! It's a great feeling.

Rule of thumb is you will loose 75% of the weight during drying, let it hang for at least 5 to 7 days to get rid of the wild weed smell and taste. If you let it dry to quickly you will struggle to get rid of it so take your time. I placed mine in a sealed box in a shaded area and popped it open 2 a day to give them a bit of fresh air.

Hope you have enough jars for cure cause that's a kak load of weed to cure out which is a great problem to have