Geotextile suppliers - materials for fabric pots

420SA

Does anyone know where you can find geotextile material like they use to make fabric pots? The method of making them is relatively easy, finding the right material is proving difficult. I got some felt from a local material wholesaler and seems alright for the job, it just isn't as stiff and durable as the material on my store bought fabric pots.

Does anyone know where you can find geotextile material like they use to make fabric pots? The method of making them is relatively easy, finding the right material is proving difficult. I got some felt from a local material wholesaler and seems alright for the job, it just isn't as stiff and durable as the material on my store bought fabric pots.

What are the best available fabric pots on the local market?

What are the best available fabric pots on the local market?

I don't think you'll find much difference between all the fabric pots available locally, or abroad for that matter. If they can hold up and are UV resistant then they'll do the job. I'm looking at the geotextile as that what seems to be commonly used.

I don't think so. I think the one we should be looking for is probably the heat bonded one. Google "geotextile" and then look under the images tab, then also google "fabric pots" and look under the images tab. The majority of the fabric pots use that specific type.

Here's geotextile

geotextile-membrane-for-single-ply-roofing-sytems-25m-1m.jpg

Here's a few examples of different fabric pots

fabric-pot-hems-sewn-on-the-outside.jpg

root-pouch-grow-bags-rr800-03-64_1000.jpg

freedom-pots.jpg

Can you see the similarity in material used?

I think the non woven poly is the fabric they use for re-usable shopping bags. Here's non woven polypropylene . Seems like it would work too but the majority seem to use the material above

New-Material-Non-Woven-Polypropylene-Fabrics-Photography-Background-Cloth-DIY-dust-cloth-80g-non-woven-Fabrics.jpg

This guy uses a material called "eco felt". Also looks similar to geotextile. https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/diy-fabric-grow-pots-cannabags-made-from-eco-felt.204644/

As mentioned I bought felt the other day. The light permeability is minimal which is good but the material is just a bit stretchy, I dont think it'll tear but I wouldve like something a little more stiff

Heres a pic of it, I might just stick with this

2cbbef93eb45d43fddeca4270775d25c.jpg