Jack Herer Scrog Grow

Guest Totemic

You asked for a log so this will be the one.

I was planning on running another strain, but this clone just happened to be much older than the others, so less veg time.

The other part for choosing this Jack, is because I know her very well, and if I can pull off a grow in that space with her, then any strain will do just fine.

Temps go as high as 29 when its in the mid 30's outside, so that's perfect. Humidity ranges between 30% - 50%.

The medium is coco/perlite ( about 80/20 ratio ), flushed and pre charged with CalMag, and running Hortishop's A+B + MKP.

Current concentration is 300ppm with a 2-1-1 ratio ( 1ml/l - 0.5ml/l - 0.5ml/l ), pH'ed to 5.9.

The scrog net is 45 x 60cm in size, divided into 117 blocks ( 9 x 13 ).

1P9Vils.jpg

FcQSA89.jpg

1noUCU1.jpg

BqtPhuh.jpg

Qj5lf63.jpg

:-peace

Yeah smokey. I'll probably be tucking for the next 2 weeks, then flip. Let her stretch for the first week or 2, then tie her down flat on the net.

She stretches for about 4 weeks and the colas need to be kept under 30 cm from net to glass.

I tell you 420, I got the scrog idea from another very talented grower. Yeah, the 250 is working really well for the space, and the spread is almost perfect for that net size. It does help that the 250 can hover about 5cm above the canopy, since a 250 doesn't really penetrate well, and the sweet spot is at 14cm bulb distance.  :-puffin

Coming along well Tote!  :-clap How are you managing runoff drainage?

Thanks. Well drainage isn't really an issue to me, since the whole scrog is portable. When it is watering time, the plant comes out of the cab, and the pot fits neatly into a 25l bucket. I water...it drains.  :-puffin

This also lifts the plant up, and while she is draining I take the time to clean a bit under the net while comfortably sitting on the floor.

HUqFYue.jpg

Good work totemic, you will fill that whole screen.  You have done it just right.

Id estimate +-100g dry

Yeah, the structure of the clone was just right I think.  :)  I think I'll definitely be yielding closer to the 150-200g mark. She is a big yielder, but I am limited in my vertical space to let her colas just go, so you might be right, and she could yield less because I need to control the height.

• 2 weeks later...

She is looking good there Totemic.

Filling out the screen and looking healthy.

Clean her "legs". Women with sexy legs are top quality, Anything under the hood wont grow to full potential so I would clean it up so the tops can receive all the energy.

Peace

shot.

Yeah, I clean up in phases as the plant goes through the stretch phase, and by 3 weeks into 12/12 all is clear under the net.  :-puffin

Finding that adding silicone to the diet right from the beginning in early veg has really helped the leaves build thick, waxy leaves.

Very nice Totemic, very similar to my intention. Im acquiring my gear still. Love the diy vented hood concept.

Do you think by using a 15cm extraction fan on  similar hood with a 400w hps and a diy carbon filter will suffice for a grow box of (1200mmX600mmX450mm) in a hydroponics environment?

With the above in mind, I would like to maintain negative pressure by having the correct passive intake ports in the floor. Also temp and humidity control would be a big factor.

Being ANALytical im trying to grow virtually, identifying potential pitfalls I might encounter along the way in my grow environment.

Cost is always an issue so rather see what i need when i need as to buy as i need.  :sillyass

Guest Maxwell

Silica is such a great additive, especially in early veg! I use the additive for hydro and foliar spray, but add diatomaceous to my soil for the Silica content.  :-peace