New indoor grow, OG Kush

Surv0

Hey guys, figured now would be a good time to start this thread.

Have just germinated 3 OG Kush (Dinafem), 2 for myself, 1 for a buddy (babysitting).

Some details about grow:

Indoors, in a 1.5 x 1.5 x 1.8 (H) DIY room I put together.

40mm fan to move the air around inside, 2 x 300m2 inline fans, 1 intake, 1 exhaust.

Will initially use a smaller chamber to veg ( 2 x 105w 6500k CFL's) before moving into the main chamber to finish vegging or kick into flowering. Not the biggest veg chamber though, made in the event I have different stages on the go.

Have also got a small seedling box just incase I need additional light. Wont be using this. (2 x 48w 6500k CFL's)

1 x 600w Dual Spectrum HID bulb and magnetic ballast.

Nutes: Biobizz fish mix (grow) and Biobizz Bloom.

Medium: Cocopeat/Perlite (promix from the groshop)

Have just put the sprouts into their rockwool cubes, which I have never used before. Have also added just less than 1 ml of Kelpak to about 1lt of water to assist with the rooting.

Apologies, picture size is massive for some reason. And yes, still planning on a bit of a clean up of the rooms :P

ZNkKD42.jpg

Are the seeds visible from the top as in your pic? If so, you need to plant them a little deeper, and fold some rockwool over the hole. Seeds germinate in the dark. You don't want to expose the taproot to light once germed either.

Tx, have covered them up a bit. Saw a video where somebody just pushed them in lightly and it seemed to work just as well.

They should be under their lights already imo otherwise they might stretch a bit far... Mine are under lights from the time they go to soil.

Right.. ill sort it out pronto. Ive usually germed in coco, and then putting under the light early, or as they pop. Always had issues this way though, root system isnt properly developed yet and watering is a bit tricky. That said, I have been wanting a bit of stretch, will help make a nice strong stem before the nodes start. Will raise the coco up a bit to support.

In my personal experience when repotting seedlings is to repot into an intermediate pot and then again into the final pot a few weeks later when a nice rootball has been established. Its easier to manage IMO. :poke Less issues to deal with :-2cents

In my personal experience when repotting seedlings is to repot into an intermediate pot and then again into the final pot a few weeks later when a nice rootball has been established. Its easier to manage IMO. :poke Less issues to deal with :-2cents

I fear transplanting, big time. Especially in a non-rockwool type medium.

Im thinking I could have just put the small rockwool cubes into those bigger rockwool cubes, then move that to coco.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I am having a PH issue... way to high. My digital meter arrived yesterday and reading the tap water I have let sit for a few days, I get about 7.2. I havent been bringing this down when watering. I flushed this morning with 5.8 water, run off still around 7.4 so the soil PH must be way out of wack.

Hopefully Ive caught this in time.

They havent been growing much at all, but not showing signs of overwatering or underwatering. Definitely looks like nute lockout though, no enough N and Mg I think.

rNjBJRR.jpg

qQMPXow.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah havent updated in a while.

Bit sad though, had to give these babies to a buddy who is looking after them. Lets say my department was cut in half recently, some sudden resignations, and as a result.. im having to pick up travelling again. I just couldnt care for them. Doing well though, and they seem to be autos (I wasnt aware). Will get some pics. Was gonna grab clones, thinking it wasnt an auto.

Starting up another grow, although trying. Will update as soon as I can, pretty damn busy at the moment unfortunately. Havent even been able to frequent this site that often.,

• 2 months later...

Ive been meaning to actually update, wasnt sure whether to rehash this thread or make a new one.

The OG's are in flower, we cloned and kept in veg and both plants showed different phenos and went into flower at different stages. Was still outdoors for a while which made em flower earlier than expected but never the less. Indoors now on 12/12. Buddy is growing these out, while I have some other stuff on the go.

8vLeEkq.jpg

From back left:

LadyX/Cotton Candy, Blackberry Aldorado

From front left:

Cherry Pie, Blue Cheese, Northern Lights Auto, Blue Strawberries. Little worm farm far left.

Had some issues with cherry pie and blue cheese, so just kept em vegging. The big ones are in flower atm, the rest are just vegging. They were out just catching some natural UV, however indoors permanently now. Waiting on my digital ballast (ordered one but isnt working correctly, greenthumb offered to swap it out asap). Then I can take some pics of the plants indoors.

• 2 weeks later...