Diary Complete Durban Poison

Sacred Seeds

Any advice on how much Calmag I should use per liter of water?

I go on about 3/4 of a teaspoon to a liter. A little bit extra is fine as far as I know.. doesnt need much though, and maybe while its still early days, maybe do 1/2 ts to a liter.

15/01/2017 Day 25: I added 0.5g Calmag, 0.3ml Amino Acid and 0.7ml Grow, Micro, Bloom per liter of dechlorinated water (PH 5.58 / EC 1333) for her feeding tonight. Can anyone explain how the EC reading works in relation to ppm etc?

isnt that PH a bit low? How are you dechloronating?

15/01/2017 Day 25: I added 0.5g Calmag, 0.3ml Amino Acid and 0.7ml Grow, Micro, Bloom per liter of dechlorinated water (PH 5.58 / EC 1333) for her feeding tonight. Can anyone explain how the EC reading works in relation to ppm etc?

Yes definitely on the low side. As long as I keep it between 5.5 & 6.5PH she should be fine. It's very difficult to get the PH spot on when you only diluting 1 litre at a time. As DP grows I will have to use more which makes it a bit easier to adjust ph spot on .

Yes definitely on the low side. As long as I keep it between 5.5 & 6.5PH she should be fine. It's very difficult to get the PH spot on when you only diluting 1 litre at a time. As DP grows I will have to use more which makes it a bit easier to adjust ph spot on .

Im interested in what could be lowering the PH there. Amino acids? Im not even bothering with de-chlorinating. I know you can let it sit for 24 hours, then add a touch of sugar to get rid of the chloramines which remain but I dont think this would lower it.

My tap water reads 6 ph out the tap. Couldnt you just use a bit of ph up, enough for 1 liter? I spose it isnt really bad enough to worry.. heard egg shells on the surface also helps regulate and gives calcium boost.

Don't bother with ppm, it's merely an approximation. You cannot directly measure parts per million of anything, unless you have the time to count and separate millions of whatever, but you can use an indirect measurement if you know something about what you are trying to measure. In our case dissolved salts. In the good ol' USA we use a conversion factor of 0.5 which is to say, your EC of 1,333 equals 666.5 ppm. The euros like a conversion factor of 0.7 which would give you 933 ppm. So which is it? 666.5 or 933? What it is falls somewhere between those two. Why mess around, when you can know the exact answer, which is 1.333 EC.

Im interested in what could be lowering the PH there. Amino acids? Im not even bothering with de-chlorinating. I know you can let it sit for 24 hours, then add a touch of sugar to get rid of the chloramines which remain but I dont think this would lower it.

My tap water reads 6 ph out the tap. Couldnt you just use a bit of ph up, enough for 1 liter? I spose it isnt really bad enough to worry.. heard egg shells on the surface also helps regulate and gives calcium boost.

The Amino acids definitely lowers the PH dramatically. My tap water has a PH of 9.56

IMG_20170105_221246.thumb.jpg.27b5af1d55005ccb8c473c6f4369d261.jpg

Hard to believe what i am going to say but i have never had a PH problem and i have lived all over, I currently live in ..... not that goofed..... i dont know if it is just pure dumb luck or i have managed to get away with growing some dank with unknown variables... was just wondering...

If someone could help with this one, Newlands spring waters PH, will this not change because of the fires and the increase in acidity.

Hard to believe what i am going to say but i have never had a PH problem and i have lived all over, I currently live in ..... not that goofed..... i dont know if it is just pure dumb luck or i have managed to get away with growing some dank with unknown variables... was just wondering...

If someone could help with this one, Newlands spring waters PH, will this not change because of the fires and the increase in acidity.

I havent actually tested that spring, however interested now.

Ive also only fed with tap water and never concerned myself with PH.. last tests told me it was fine, but I hear reports from others now that the PH is quite high.  Will test mine this evening.

Looks like a mag issue. Have you got some epson salts? Calmag should work, dilute half a spoon in your next feed. Its weird how that happens if you boosted the coco with calmag. I had a similar issue, whereas previously I never had to use it once. When I realised what it was, I flushed with water/calmag, and kept some in a spray bottle I would spray once a week at bed time. Seemed to sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...