Diary Complete Durban Poison

Sacred Seeds

Dutch Passion - Feminized Durban Poison    

Grow Tent: 120/70/165

Medium: Coco 70% Perlite 30% + Mycoroot for seedlings & transplants

Nutrients: Nutriplex Gro, Nutriplex Micro, Nutriplex Bloom, Nutriplex Fulvic Acid mixed with Dechlorinated water

Pots - Start in 9cm square pots and finish in 3 Gallon Smart Pot (11.36 Litres)                                                                                         Lighting (Germination – 1 Week Seedling): 150w Cool White CFL

Lighting (Vegetative & Flowering): 400w HID Bulb running from 400w digital ballast with 6" air-cooled tube

Light Schedule (Vegetative): 14 hrs ON decreasing by 15 min every week for 8 weeks ending with 12h 15min ON

Light Schedule (Flowering): 12 hrs ON decreasing by 15 min every week for 9 weeks ending with 10h ON                               EnviroControl: Silent Inline fan + 2 x Safeway Clip-on Cooling fans + 10000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner & Dehumidifier                  

PH & EC Pen delivery slightly delayed due to Christmas season.

25/12/2016 Pre-Germinated Seeds just after 00:00 in tot glasses with tap water. :-gthumb

IMG_20161225_001921.thumb.jpg.ecc0ca886985eb83b21b901cf5fd34a7.jpg

26/12/2016 :rastabanana Surprise! Surprise! Tap roots has broken through both seeds. I didn’t hesitate to transfer them to jiffy pellets.

In the meanwhile I prepared two 9cm square pots with Coco 70% / Perlite 30% / Mycoroot (Teaspoon).

I transplanted the jiffy pellet into the square pot Coco mix under a CFL cool white light and watered it with plain de-chlorinated water.

IMG_20161226_094440.thumb.jpg.e6299332ab1634ea45a7194c4b3c3e7b.jpg

IMG_20161226_101721.thumb.jpg.5ed5e14a33aa74f8792c0a89fa7b4238.jpg

IMG_20161226_103640.thumb.jpg.230e11756daa46a66fec1cfc3f739a48.jpg

I've decided to remove Pineapple Chunk from the subject of the journal. I will create a separate journal when she decides to show her head.

Update: DP Germination update day 5

All is good with this little lady. She's about 4cm tall.

@cheese420 @420SA @CerealKilla At what point do I start feeding Nutriplex, do I start small with quarter doses or half doses?

IMG_20161229_095022.thumb.jpg.9cea369618eb17d94cdfa34324697307.jpg

Guest Oracle

Kudos, I grew out 2 x Durban poison plants once, true landrace, licorice aftertaste the works. Clearest high I've ever experienced. BUT, it is truly a race to the sun, if you'll let them, they'll grow to 2.5m or more. Harvested about 500g, didn't have to sleep for 3 months ;D

Enjoy that 5 month grow bud, don't share that weed with anyone and you may want to keep that strain alive.

PS. The true landrace DP more than doubles in height after topping. I had some pics on weed.co.za about my DP grow, but alas, those pics are lost forever :(

Kudos, I grew out 2 x Durban poison plants once, true landrace, licorice aftertaste the works. Clearest high I've ever experienced. BUT, it is truly a race to the sun, if you'll let them, they'll grow to 2.5m or more. Harvested about 500g, didn't have to sleep for 3 months ;D

Enjoy that 5 month grow bud, don't share that weed with anyone and you may want to keep that strain alive.

PS. The true landrace DP more than doubles in height after topping. I had some pics on weed.co.za about my DP grow, but alas, those pics are lost forever :(

Nice to hear @Oracle :-gthumb

I'm growing indoors so I wouldn't be able to get that height but I'm sure that I will have to control her growth as she's already feisty since germinating!

09/01/2017 DP was a bit under-watered and the leaves started drooping slightly. Third set of leaves are out.

Gave DP her first nutrients at 5.59PH (Micro/Grow/Bloom 0.6ml/2L) mixed with de-chlorinated water. She's 11cm tall.

Are you sure she was underwatered SSA? She looks a bit overwatered to me... was the pot very light before you watered? Have the leaves propped up since watering?

She's looks ready to be fed as well so good move on the feed :thumbups

09/01/2017 DP was a bit under-watered and the leaves started drooping slightly. Third set of leaves are out.

Gave DP her first nutrients at 5.59PH (Micro/Grow/Bloom 0.6ml/2L) mixed with de-chlorinated water. She's 11cm tall.

Are you sure she was underwatered SSA? She looks a bit overwatered to me... was the pot very light before you watered? Have the leaves propped up since watering?

She's looks ready to be fed as well so good move on the feed :thumbups

Definitely under watered, she was featherlight! Remember over and under watering has the same symptoms of droopy leaves

Nice to hear @Oracle :-gthumb

I'm growing indoors so I wouldn't be able to get that height but I'm sure that I will have to control her growth as she's already feisty since germinating!

Yeah,  mine was indoor as well,  running 400w HID. Ended up tying them down to avoid burning on the light.

Seriously nice strain though.