No Load Shedding

Prom

On 12/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, Prom said:

How? Anybody can tell me why we suddenly have power after 12 months of load shedding more or less none stop? Just before Xmas... I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts and see absolutely nobody who did it. 😂

Somebody feels the same?

I am sure you know about André De Ruyters book "Truth to Power"? Ex CEO of Eskom.... good read for anyone in SA. think that can make things very clear.

you can say factories and businesses are down right now, but they wheren't during the rugby world cup? and many other times...... plus majority of corporate owned businesses don't shut down whole factories just to get through a day of christmas, they'll have 1 guy on stand by or the factory just pushes through. the whole world still works up to the 23rd and continues on the 27th only to take off on the 1st again for 1 day. how does that equal to a whole month without loadshedding? someone inside eskom can spin that shit and I'll smell rotten fish from miles away. 

Loadshedding started in 2007 as a temporary thing to give a gap in order to "fix the problem".... It's 2024 in 6 days, that gives us 16 - 17 years of loadshedding..... it hasn't been constant/consistent for all 17 years, we've had worse times and times with no loadshedding all through out.  it's not a new thing to go through fluctuations. 

If it hasn't been clear as day, we're collectively too affraid to adress the problem directly, because the problem has our country in the palms of their hands and can do whatever they want right now. the problem is too big to fix, it's integrated into our society. 

The actual problems has been solved, but a new problem has emerged - management. 

New management doesn't have any grip on what they're doing, incompetence is running the power grid, problems of the previous mismanagement still exists, because of the current inconpetence not being able to focus on the the problem which is in itself the incompetence of the management. So they're literally just playing with the buttons. 

SA is in deeeeeeeeeep financial shit, so wherever our government can funnel money they will, trying to make it seem like they're working on the problem, but in reality they steal the money and loadshedding presists. It's just an easy gimmick for the fools running the show. They don't give a single shit about loadshedding, cause they're not affected by it.

That's how it's going to be for as long as we accept the "ancestral cultural richness" of the indiginous people that refuses any form constructive criticism. 

Edited by Naughty.Psychonaut
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Anybody can tell me why we suddenly have power after 12 months of load shedding more or less none stop? 

I think the most reasonable answer would be the loadshedding guy is on holiday. Who the hell knows. I was wondering the other day why e dont stand up and get rebates from eskom for all this downtime. We pay R1200 just as a line fee before anything is used, with loadshedding over the course of the last several months we could be saving atleast R600 for no service, adds up to quite a bit over several months. Because we are rural and eskom does not do maintenance, as soon as wind picks up or big storms we get blackouts for sometimes up to 36 hours or more, god forbid if a transformer shorts then its atleast 36 hours. Anyway, Eskom is just another useless parastatal that does not know its ass from its elbow. I hate calling them with any questions, absolute waste of time. Sad that we have to accept this type of service, but luckily its happened for so long we have had to make other arrangements and use combinations of gas, solar, battery, invertors and fire. Check the link below on its trust rating and reviews. What pisses me off even more is their new rural consultant upgraded his Izuzu bakkie to a Toyota Fortuner in 2 months of work. I love seeing people succeed but this guy could not even pass standard 5 home economics class. 

https://www.hellopeter.com/eskom   

My best guess is rather simple... instead of delivering the power to SA, they sell it outside the country.. brings more money they can 'steal' from Eskom in a legal way. Setup a fake project, declare it failed.. and no questions when the money goes out to pay the failed project cost. 😂 With the ANC it gets predictable, at least would be my first guess. How would they get most into their own pockets the fastest way... is the most plausible.