Changing the NER in transition to flowering!

Here’s one for you experienced coco growers.How would you handle changing the nutrient ratio from grow to bloom or pre bloom in 20L hand watered fabric grow bags with a 70/30 coco perlite mix? It’s a huge volume to change! My thoughts were to flush a lot more than usual fertigations through the medium at full strength but maybe a more gradual approach would be better? Obviously this is much easier in soil where you have dry down periods whereas coco is usually 90% saturated most of the time thereby diluting anything different ratio wise.

Edited by Trichome
  • Like 1

Mhhh... sorry.. i am not a coco dude ^^ But I would just add the bloom fertilizer and stick to the old ratio of vegetative fertilizer. They still need the N... that doesn't stop.. flowers just need more Potassium and a tick more Phosphor... so you add that (is in vegetative fertilizer too, just different ratios). If you have a system that has specific veg and flower components.. might want to read up on the website.. but even with those.. I would just follow the feeding instructions on the bottle/bag. As you mix new substances, check that your pH is spot on. Mix the solution and set your pH, let it stand over night and check pH again before you feed. If you are still in the green range.. no need to let it stand. If you have to adjust the pH, keep it a habit to let the feeding solution stand over night. If you use rain water, this shouldn't happen.. tap water can arse you, would let tap water solution always stand over night to recheck the next day.

• Like 2

Just follow the schedule of your nutrient brand. 

If you use TA nutes (GHE), I will go from the veg to preflower schedule after a week of flip, and then when the majority of stretch is done I go to flower schedule, usually around a month after flip. 

No need to be gradual. The plant should be in full swing by this point. Just don't go over the recommended max ml/L. 

• Like 2