nOOb here:)

Crystal.S

On 7/5/2023 at 10:34 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Welcome :-trip  

Got any grows going at the moment?

Thx
I'm planning to grow soon and preparing everything for it. I ordered feminized marijuana seeds for the first time (it was most recommended), but now I have doubts about the location. I can grow both outdoors and indoors, but there are certain nuances... Can I ask here for advice or better to find another thread?

Edited by Crystal.S
  • Like 2

Second to harvesting the prep phase is probably my favourite, also most important! 🤘

Starting a new thread, that's up to you 😁 I guess if you like things organized and just wana make it easier for people to find certain info through searches instead of seeing an introduction thread people won't really think there's much usefull info in the thread, but if you make a new thread that relates more to the topic of questions you wana ask it'll just be easier to spot for people looking for some info. also probably depends on if it's just a couple of questions or like ongoing conversation, but yeah still up to you 😉 we still reply no matter the thread topic 

I would vote for indoor, but I see lots of indoor growers going back outdoors as SA is such a lovely place to be in with all the loadshedding buttfuckery, at least we have good sun! Just not good time right now to start outdoor grow as it's flower season till September/October. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Second to harvesting the prep phase is probably my favourite, also most important! 🤘

Starting a new thread, that's up to you 😁 I guess if you like things organized and just wana make it easier for people to find certain info through searches instead of seeing an introduction thread people won't really think there's much usefull info in the thread, but if you make a new thread that relates more to the topic of questions you wana ask it'll just be easier to spot for people looking for some info. also probably depends on if it's just a couple of questions or like ongoing conversation, but yeah still up to you 😉 we still reply no matter the thread topic 

I would vote for indoor, but I see lots of indoor growers going back outdoors as SA is such a lovely place to be in with all the loadshedding buttfuckery, at least we have good sun! Just not good time right now to start outdoor grow as it's flower season till September/October. 

Thank you so much! Then I will try indoors. Can I ask one more question: when is the best time to grow outdoors? I guess I've already missed this period and now have to wait a while to try it outdoors...

Edited by Crystal.S
  • Like 3

Outdoor season officially starts around September and ends around April. 

But some rules can be bent, I'm still growing outdoors in July on the northcoast, weather permitting of course.  If you do plant outdoor in mother earth in September then your plants will become quite large, 3 to 4m tall. If you'd prefer something more manageble you could plant later or just plant into pots or growbags. There are a few different growing methods/techniques for cannabis. 

Indoor or outdoor and synthenics nutrients or organic. Cannabis can be grown in either. You'll have to decide which style suits your situation, abilities and your pocket best.

What are your plans?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Crystal.S said:

Thank you so much! Then I will try indoors. Can I ask one more question: when is the best time to grow outdoors? I guess I've already missed this period and now have to wait a while to try it outdoors...

You can start growing indoors and then take clones outdoors later 😁

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Fire! 1

Yeah that'll be the best way, I usually have one or two clones I've taken from my indoor plants and just leave them outside to do their thing, but when septemer comes we move into veg time so then you can't take a plant outside to flower it. Gona be tricky now if you start a plant and give it one to two months veg, then we in veg season outdoors anyway, then you gona need to keep her indoors to flower 😅 

The months kinda represent the seasons, but for outdoor cannabis it's spring season = sowing season, summer = veg and then fall and winter = flower, but this is all based on the hours of daylight and the solstices, when a certain area hits longest day and shortest night and vice versa, that's a better indication of the changing of the seasons and sometimes it hits different areas at different times. it's always been kinda changing little by little as nature does and every year it will fall on a different day, but has shifted quite drastically in the last few years so a lot of outdoor growers have experienced strange flower cycles. you can easily just google the sunrise and sunset hours in your area and you can also monitor your yard to see what area gets the longest period of direct sunlight in a day, but this also changes in summer and winter so then placing of your outdoor grow becomes important.

My yard sucks for outdoor cannabis growing, doesn't stop me from having plants outside, but they do all kinds of strange things. basically no part of my yard gets direct sunlight for long enough to make a good veg spot and there's stray lights all around the house, streetlights and outdoor lights so always got plants going into flower way too early from not enough sunlight hours during the day then they foxtail from getting stray lights all night 🤦‍♂️ 😅 stuff to keep in mind 

• Like 3