optimizing nutrient uptake and ratio for all stages

I basically just use TA TriPart with coco/perlite. I follow the ratios on the bottle and max at 3/4 of the recommended dosage because with my automatic feeding system I don't feel I need to max the dosage because there is always feed available exactly when each plant needs it. 

1630285725_Screenshot2023-01-30084818.thumb.jpg.7c7899b3a18e34c7c3fe953626871003.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I follow the ratios on the bottle and max at 3/4 of the recommended dosage because with my automatic feeding system I don't feel I need to max the dosage because there is always feed available exactly when each plant needs it.

excellent point evan i believe that all your other parameters need to be met at optimal to feed at full label dosage(or slightly over as in flower strian dependant) simply put no use running light at 50percent and feeding full strength nutrients you are wasting your money?

how are you finding the tripart to work for you, i would have thought that you would continue tripart grow around 1.5ml to a liter till the last two weeks of flower or is that just me (i dont run tripart however)

Edited by GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Like 1

current grow, substrate is a mix of coco atami coir/peat, atami hydroroks, castings, biochar, frass and sand. 

feeding seagro and kelp for veg and flower at 1/4 the recommended dose. 

adding bat guano, liquid pk and molasses for flower only

may very well add atami bloombastic this next flowering round and remove the umya pk, havnt used it before tho

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

current grow, substrate is a mix of coco atami coir/peat, atami hydroroks, castings, biochar, frass and sand. 

feeding seagro and kelp for veg and flower at 1/4 the recommended dose. 

adding bat guano, liquid pk and molasses for flower only

may very well add atami bloombastic this next flowering round and remove the umya pk, havnt used it before tho

Seagro is a bit like taking a air rifle to war ^^ the stuff is rather weak. You can easy give em normal dosage for veg.. and why not use the guano during veg too? Is in general not bad shit 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Prom said:

Seagro is a bit like taking a air rifle to war ^^ the stuff is rather weak

im keen on reading what you use during veg preflower flower lateflower finisher

i have been using seagro kelp combo since the beginning years😆

during flower is when i experiment with the expenses 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

I don't make any adjustments and I never go over the max dosage. So far it's always given me consistent results. 

by following that chart exactly could you tell me if i can successfully grow a 2.5meter tree with 2 more months of veg left on a set of 500ml bottles or do i need 1l. it is estimated to again grow to 3.5 or 4 m at flower. these products specifically became available literally next door to me https://greenmammoth.co.za/product/ehg-grow-coco-micro-bloom/ have you seen or tried before, they offer it in both sizes. this specific tree doesnt have anything much in the form of microlife in the soil as well so hydronutes arnt minded for 1 plant that grew in the wrong spot to experiment with

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

im keen on reading what you use during veg preflower flower lateflower finisher

i have been using seagro kelp combo since the beginning years😆

during flower is when i experiment with the expenses 

Veg.. ^^ 2-3ml BioBizz Fish Mix per liter, good amount molasses, Amino Acids and some Kelp (all 2 weeks). 

Last time i took my BRIX numbers i read 17-19%

Edited by Prom
BRIX addon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Prom said:

molasses, Amino Acids

this molasses is boosting your brix reading i was under impression you gooi some molasses on the plant after it has established some roots like flowering stage what benefits do amino acids play in plants i dont know i google it tho thanks.

fish mix and seagro is probably the same thing bro whats the gram on the kilogram on that npk for biobizz

seagro is providing 53g/kg N. 7g/kg P. 17g/kg K and all the micronutrients the plant needs in good ratio

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

no products listing those aminos at my local hydro shop, takealot has kushyamino boost explains that there are 20 aminos that the plant takes up but doesnt mention having added any and which or are what ratio this doesnt seem legit right? what have you found contains them all

they also mention auxins which im getting from liquid kelp 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

no products listing those aminos at my local hydro shop, takealot has kushyamino boost explains that there are 20 aminos that the plant takes up but doesnt mention having added any and which or are what ratio this doesnt seem legit right? what have you found contains them all

So there is https://umya-nutrients.co.za/product/multi-amino/

There is also the Kushy Amino boost https://hydrobiz.co.za/products/amino-boost

There is Bio-bizz Bio-Heaven on the expensive side.

There is Kaya Farms Soluble Amino - https://www.kayafarm.co.za/product/soluble-amino-acids/ - This is as close to Bio-Heaven as you get having both come from soybeans.

The molasses is not for the plant per-say, it's for the microbes in the soil to use as a food source, causing them feeding frenzy and reproduce rapidly.

The big different between Seagrow and Fish-mix is that fish-mix is also mixed together with extracts of sugar beet, which accelerates the growth of microbes in the soil.

Then you also have your humic and fulvic acids which condition the soil and fulvic acid increases nutrient uptake in the plant and helps prevent nutrient burn pretty well (unless you really going excessive).

Kelp - is a growth regulator which improves the plant overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

great they state it contains these 20 aminos thanks! 

3 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

There is Bio-bizz Bio-Heaven on the expensive side.

not in the budget im a local supply supporter at heart

4 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

The molasses is not for the plant per-say, it's for the microbes in the soil to use as a food source, causing them feeding frenzy and reproduce rapidly.

https://marijuanasa.co.za/product/black-strap-molasses/ they also have this. blackstrap is the good one or go with lighter blends?

5 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

The big different between Seagrow and Fish-mix is that fish-mix is also mixed together with extracts of sugar beet, which accelerates the growth of microbes in the soil.

yeah again sticking with the local guy

6 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

Then you also have your humic and fulvic acids which condition the soil and fulvic acid increases nutrient uptake in the plant and helps prevent nutrient burn pretty well (unless you really going excessive).

https://greenmammoth.co.za/product/feed4weed-fulvic-conditioner/

https://greenmammoth.co.za/product/feed4weed-humate/

is 100 rand an bottle the way to go or is price not reliable measurement on its efficacy  this is local to me do I go for it

8 minutes ago, DesignatedDave said:

Kelp - is a growth regulator which improves the plant overall.

interestingly kelp is the fastest growing plant in the ocean

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

great they state it contains these 20 aminos thanks! 

So does the Kushy Amino acid and it will work out cheaper. Kushy you use like 2ml - 4ml per 10L of water.
Umya you use 100ml per 10L and is more expensive. Go with the Kushy, @Prom has done side by side trials with Kushy amino vs Bio-Heavan and found little to no difference.

https://marijuanasa.co.za/product/black-strap-molasses/ they also have this. blackstrap is the good one or go with lighter blends?

I use this for my plants and works great, however these guys are cheaper - https://gthydro.co.za/products/897-captain-black-strap-1l.html
In veg you only going to use like 2ml per 1L water, feed once a week. I usually combine this with some calmag.
In flower you can go up to 4ml - 5ml per 1L water, I still use it in combo with calmag here.

one extra addition I would recommend if get a bottle of microbes - https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/biodyne-environoc-401-microbes/

Add some microbes in at 0.5ml per 1L water, feed once a week, this will keep introducing new microbes into the grow medium.

yeah again sticking with the local guy

You can stick with Seagro if you using the molasses, it will be much of a muchness.

https://greenmammoth.co.za/product/feed4weed-fulvic-conditioner/

https://greenmammoth.co.za/product/feed4weed-humate/

is 100 rand an bottle the way to go or is price not reliable measurement on its efficacy  this is local to me do I go for it

Yeah those are fine, just keep in mind that you need to stop the humic acid from 3 weeks into flower (it can bring down terpene levels if given all the way through flower). Fulvic you give a little bit in veg, but more as you progress into flower.

interestingly kelp is the fastest growing plant in the ocean

So it's not essential, but does help.
I use Kelpak - https://www.greenhouston.co.za/products/kelpak - I only use it once a week, but its heavy on application with 5ml per 1L water, so I tend to go through it rather quickly. 2 or 3 bottles might be needed over the course of the grow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

silica (Si)- have read and seen the comparison charts on the different chemical compounds of silica, they all suggest agsil16h right.. but i just came back from the little hydro store with a bottle of feed4weed liquid silica which is all they had. it doesn't mention which chemical composition it contains. so im reading more into silica before adding anything to the soil. so my question is this, is their any difference when using it in soil with abundant microlife present surely they should be able to break it down into Si right? and how much of it is uptaken would remain unknown without knowing whats in this. do i skip the feed4weed and spend more time finding agsil16h? what would you have done im on the fench here, on the one hand i trust microbes to do this but on the other im not finding concise information. that or im using the wrong keywords in my search bar. any input appreciated as always.

found this interesting - ''Silicon makes up 27.7 percent of Earth’s crust; it is the second most abundant element in the crust, being surpassed only by oxygen.'' silica being the combination of the two most abundant elements on earth.

• Like 1

I believe for an organic/soil based grow one would sprinkle diatomaceous earth on the top soil and water for a boost in silica which in turn reenforces the cell membrane within the plant cells which helps to prevent disease and strengthen the overall plant. 

When purchasing liquid silica it is recommended to apply as a foliar spray as to not disturb the microbiology within the soil. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I've found that works for me & is possibly the best bang for buck in the autopot XL system outdoors:

Hortimix tripart kit, Silica plus & EHG bloom. Starting with the grow & micro at around 200/250ppm & 1/3 dose of silica for seedlings till they're about a month old or about 50cm tall. then gradually increasing it to around 1000ppm max for those 3 combined. For flower I half the grow & micro & add a bit of the MKP from the kit & the EHG bloom, keeping it at around 1000ppm.

I use a 160l tank, so there's lots of room for adjustment if necessary, most times I just eyeball the amounts, then check the ppm & add more water/nutes if necessary.

• Like 2