what size container are you keeping mother plants in

GreenGalaxyFarm

5 hours ago, GreenGalaxyFarm said:

i have 3 mothers in super soil in 20l fabric pots but looking back im thinking 40l would have been better? i know the fabric pots air prune but is this going to work to keep them for about 6 to 9 months in?

I'm planning to also keep a mother plant which is in a 20L fabric pot with super soil. I will be topping and pruning to control size and slow down growth and if roots become an issue, prune them down.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Prom said:

As long as you don't fuck up and kill the plant 😜

Ja definitely. Regular nitrogen feeds also very important. Pruning the mother keeps size in check. If she becomes too rootbound, prune the roots. This will significantly slow down growth due to energy being focused on root recovery which is a good thing if you keeping a mother for long term. To note also that before root pruning, prune the foilage down, give a weeks recovery then prune roots. The stress of pruning is huge for the plant.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 2:29 PM, Weskush said:

Ja im thinking to scale down to 10L fabric pots due to space restrictions. Anything smaller than 10L will get rootbound real fast. Dont know if you have rootbound issues?

No I haven't had any issues with plants getting root bound. The fabric pots are working out. You shouldn't have problems going smaller than 10l in a fabric pot, roots will grow proportionate to the pot. 

• Like 1