Get your BRIX Percentage in Cape Town

Prom

If you are curious about your leaf sugar content, I can measure it for you. Just sent me a private message to deal out when ^^

I would need 4-5 fresh fan leaves per plant you want tested, taken at least 4 hours after lights went on / sun rise. Located in the Blouberg area and I do those tests free of charge.. consumes zero material and a test is done in 2 mins. 

• Like 2
  • Fire! 3

19 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

You using a brix refractometer? 😛

1812026958_Screenshot2022-10-24103143.jpg.e569ba7a9a6aac91d2fbb08fb9ba700e.jpg

Correct... they should be around 1700-2000 rand.. so not the biggest investment. The main issue.. you do not use it as much as you thought you would. Once you have your molasses set for veg/flower.. and have the right numbers in sugar content, you just stick to it. I run between 15-17% in general.. heavy feeders can drop to 12% but that is still acceptable. 

• Like 1

I just struggle my tits off to get enough juice on the plate, so my refractometer just sits in drawer now. Once I was very curious about brix, now I'm very meh about it. Brix also changes depending on what part of the plant you are extracting the juice from so at a point I was getting different readings from different parts of the plant, and even time of day made a difference, so I just left it alone. 

If you can get consistent readings and provide that to others, then you are the man 😎

Is rather easy.. the secret is to cut the leaves to tiny pieces. I stuff em in a 20ml syringe and use a long blade thin scissor to cut to shreds. Then just use the syringe directly to apply, needs a bit pressure but the finer you have it cut, the easier you get the juice out.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Prom said:

Correct... they should be around 1700-2000 rand.. so not the biggest investment. The main issue.. you do not use it as much as you thought you would. Once you have your molasses set for veg/flower.. and have the right numbers in sugar content, you just stick to it. I run between 15-17% in general.. heavy feeders can drop to 12% but that is still acceptable. 

Do I smell a home brewer? #refractometer. or strictly for this testing reason lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLazyFisherman said:

Do I smell a home brewer? #refractometer. or strictly for this testing reason lol

Sorry.. have it only for weed 😂 a friend from Switzerland wanted to send me a 5 Gallon home distillery kit... customs send it back.. and he had to pay over 2000 rand when he got it back... return shipping cost. Government looking very hard to keep their alcohol taxes ^^ would be cool if they would look into the energy crisis as well. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheLazyFisherman said:

Unfortunately, you would need another refractometer for brewing. The refractometers for brewing vs plant brix use different integers but are essentially the same device. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 9:04 PM, Ill_Evan said:

Unfortunately, you would need another refractometer for brewing. The refractometers for brewing vs plant brix use different integers but are essentially the same device. 

Never got to distil anything.. as never got my birthday present 😂 with 15k lost in seeds to customs, 2021 was not my best import year 😬 was looking forward to burn some raspberries. I like fruity spirits.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

So here we are with the results and a good chat with Mr Prom. 

Will correlate these in my grow diary with the plants. 

Cheers brother man! 

DECF751C-C29F-479F-93D5-379827F18470.jpeg

You were the first with a result of 15% coming for testing.. want to mention that too. So you do things rather right... 😁 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Prom said:

You were the first with a result of 15% coming for testing.. want to mention that too. So you do things rather right... 😁 

Thanks my bro! Appreciate the kind words, just enjoy gardening for the most part 🎉💪🏻

Gave the plants what they needed, let’s see how they progress, thanks again👊🏻

• Like 3