My first grow

Dillon

Hey guys, first time grower here and looking for some answers on discoloration in my first true leaves(3rd pic). My other two seedlings don't seem to have the same issue. These are all 3 days old and I've only just pH'd my water to 6.5(organic living soil grow). Up to now I've been using tap water which I found to have a pH of 8.2... I think that is the problem but I'd like to know what more experienced growers think. All answers are appreciated20220910_121803.thumb.jpg.8cc100214d8aecfc463040c8c63303c7.jpg20220910_121839.thumb.jpg.a3a9c9425919c9db448a966e26bd2ec9.jpg20220910_122000.thumb.jpg.12fe204c55417081f816f9dddd3553f3.jpg

• Like 3

Seedlings are like private school kids; they are very sensitive and react to nearly everything. Those seedlings all look healthy to me.

What I would suggest is next time pot up in smaller pots (~5L) first before going into the final bigger pots, unless you are doing auto flowering plants then potting up directly into the final pot is the way. 

Seeing as we are here in the bigger pots already, I would then also suggest to water lightly around the circumference of the plant instead of directly on top of where you planted. You don't want dry dry coco in your pot because it can be sometimes difficult to rehydrate, and you also want to promote the roots to work and seek out moisture around itself. 

Don't worry about the pH up until now, if you keep watering at 6.5 you'll be alright. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply and the tips. They do seem healthy aside from that. And yes these are autos. I also have some questions about organic grows. I've enriched my soil with Talborn vitaveg and vitabloom as well as worm castings. If Anybody has used these before, what were the results like?

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, Dillon said:

Thanks for the reply and the tips. They do seem healthy aside from that. And yes these are autos. I also have some questions about organic grows. I've enriched my soil with Talborn vitaveg and vitabloom as well as worm castings. If Anybody has used these before, what were the results like?

I use Talborne. I have not used it by itself before. But I don’t see why you could not have good results. Autoflowers don’t need much to grow beautifully. Did you just add the granules or did you grind it up into a powder? I think you might need to do that if you need the nutrients immediately. I would also add a micronutrient tea or supplement just to get everything started. Something like Explogrow or Biodyne or dirty hands microbial consortium or Freedom Farms probiotic. You get the general picture anything will do. And maybe some molasses just to keep the microorganisms fed until the plant can support them.

• Like 3

Seedlings don't need fertigation so early, your amendments in the soil should be sufficient, a compost tea or micro organism innoculant(as mentioned above) will help. But being autos you need to be carefull, the last thing you want to do is stunt the seedlings this early.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Day 28, I've started training them down so the branches can catch up. Can't say if the explogrow has had any effect so far because I don't have a control. The Barney's farm blueberry cheese seems to be a much faster grow than the Dutch passion Cinderella Jack or wedding cake from Skyline VSL. All seem healthyIMG_20221002_082918.thumb.jpg.78cdad6068685d84d395c400260af5ba.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...