Diary Complete Round 3 - FIGHT!!! (Deluxe Sugarecane & Bananium)

Martin7318

13 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

Great! Means I can ask questions! What percentage boveda you using? I'm thinking my 62% is too much. Bud from December went a dark brown colour quicker than i think it should have.

I use the 62% too. When the hydrometer tells me for 2 days that I have 60-62% in the jar, I exchange the meter with a bag. 

In my opinion the brown color comes when you harvest to early or let the weed dry below 54% humidity, dry it to much.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Prom said:

I exchange the meter with a bag. 

I'm not sure what you mean here?

14 minutes ago, Prom said:

brown color comes when you harvest to early or let the weed dry below 54% humidity, dry it to much.

This is interesting. I do think I harvested a little early last time. But same jars, same boveda's. I guess I'll just see how this bud does and take it from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin7318 said:

I'm not sure what you mean here?

This is interesting. I do think I harvested a little early last time. But same jars, same boveda's. I guess I'll just see how this bud does and take it from there.

When I harvest, I remove as many leaves as I can on each plant and hang the whole plant to dry. Once I think I am dry enough.. in general is way more humid as you think.. I remove the buds from the stems and put em in big jars with a Hydrometer. If I am to moist still, I place that jar directly at one of my tent exit fans. Is in general 50% humidity coming out, will dry quick, so a few hours later I close and let the moisture even out, the hydrometer tells me that without guessing. Once the jar stands for 2 days between 63 and 60% I remove the hydrometer and put a 62% boveda bag in. Big jars get a big bag, 67g. As long as I am sure my jars seal 100%, the bag will balance it to 62% over the next 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I remove the bag and simply keep the jar closed in my storage fridge (not powered). I dress the buds in those jars when ever I have the time. They cure in the jars till is their turn. 

I smoke about 6-10g a day, so if I shut down, I need at least a kg on stock or I will run out for sure before I can do any harvest again. 

Harvest time is always a bit the point, most people have issues waiting. If somebody always ends with more brown than 'whiteish' buds... Wait for it! 😋 Is like a apple not ripe will always be green and sour ^^ once they change color, they get tasty.

There are different opinions out there at what moisture level curing stops. Ranges from 58-54%, at least my last stand of knowledge. Once gets too dry, the micro organisms can't survive.. means they will not cause natural decay anymore. I don't like to have my jars go below 58%, due to curing. Batches going dry, usually also end more on the darker side as end result. If the nutrients in the flower can't decay, stays dark and is way more bitter as the smoke should be. 

Is the tricky part with weed.. germination, veg, flower, harvest, storage.. all have crucial points and if you fuck up one, quality drops. Flower, Harvest and Storage you can very much ruin it and render it worthless.

Edited by Prom
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

This is interesting. I do think I harvested a little early last time. But same jars, same boveda's. I guess I'll just see how this bud does and take it from there

Sometimes not only over drying with Humidity, it can also be caused by sunlight or any light. Turns the cannabis brown quickly

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Prom said:

After 2 weeks I remove the bag and simply keep the jar closed in my storage

I find that quite interesting. Is there any point after that where you would put the Boveda back in? Are you watching RH after those 2 weeks?

I don't think my RH drops below 62%, as I've left the Boveda's in for the entire time it's stored. Removing a bud or 2 from the jar when needed, but jars all sit in the top of a closed cupboard. Which also makes me doubt it being a light issue (@the_stonedtrooper)

Someone told me my issue might be caused by too much moisture? My feelings there are that I'd have mold, not brown weed 😂.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

I find that quite interesting. Is there any point after that where you would put the Boveda back in? Are you watching RH after those 2 weeks?

I don't think my RH drops below 62%, as I've left the Boveda's in for the entire time it's stored. Removing a bud or 2 from the jar when needed, but jars all sit in the top of a closed cupboard. Which also makes me doubt it being a light issue (@the_stonedtrooper)

Someone told me my issue might be caused by too much moisture? My feelings there are that I'd have mold, not brown weed 😂.

Thought I responded to this one in the morning.. joint and feeding the plants must have come in between 8-)

I would put a bag back in if I do not trust the jar for some reason.. usually i replace the jar (very hot soap water in the jar and shake it.. gets wet outside, not sealed), leave the bag for 2 weeks and take it out again.

My bags are usually all together in one glass to even out after use.

1285679675_BovedaBags.thumb.jpg.0b7cd7b64901149b138cfd5fdaf7c1f2.jpg

• Like 2