5 weeks flowering

Righteoussower

5 hours ago, Righteoussower said:

I am growing this GG4 in coco and I am 5 weeks into flowering. Is she looking any good? Any guess as to how much the yield might be? I am curious and excited as it is my first grow.d8462d95459f396547d4980e62137e26.jpg

50d55dbfc95cf57739d32754fa5a6b37.jpg

c2701f6e60c554f29b6051793a18fa78.jpg

80051d170f9a4a4555ff9fc1b489d1eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s looking great bud! 🙌🏻

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

yeah that's looking good for 5 weeks man! 🤙

did you make clones? wait, is this auto?

about the yield, that's always hard to say, because weed will take up same/different amount of space or volume and still weigh different. for example, I recently grew 2 different phenotypes of the same strain, buds came out looking very much alike, density and size, plant structure and size was alike, however there was quite a difference in weight. 

but let's take a guess anyway 😁 I would saaaayyyy....... somewhere between 20 and 80g 😅 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

yeah that's looking good for 5 weeks man!
did you make clones? wait, is this auto?
about the yield, that's always hard to say, because weed will take up same/different amount of space or volume and still weigh different. for example, I recently grew 2 different phenotypes of the same strain, buds came out looking very much alike, density and size, plant structure and size was alike, however there was quite a difference in weight. 
but let's take a guess anyway I would saaaayyyy....... somewhere between 20 and 80g  

Hey Naughty!!! Been a while. This is not a clone. Remember I started a journal from seed and you have assisted me immensely from the jump. You probably forgot but it’s the same GG4. Feminised photo. 85 days in general and 35 days into 12/12. The buds are looking hella large especially today. 20 grams will be considered a pure waste of time but ok let’s see how she goes. I’ll always update as usual.

Blessings!!!!29e7d3ee805c3de3d14193f471fca9e4.png

17 hours ago, Righteoussower said:

Hey Naughty!!! Been a while. This is not a clone. Remember I started a journal from seed and you have assisted me immensely from the jump. You probably forgot but it’s the same GG4. Feminised photo. 85 days in general and 35 days into 12/12. The buds are looking hella large especially today. 20 grams will be considered a pure waste of time emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png but ok let’s see how she goes. I’ll always update as usual.

Blessings!!!!29e7d3ee805c3de3d14193f471fca9e4.png

Sent from my iPhone 

yeah I remember, hope you doing well brother! 🤙

I was actually checking if you cloned this plant? I can remember you popped a seed, but then I forgot if it was a autoflower or a photoperiod seed? 

reason I am asking is cause autos can't be cloned.

if that's a photoperiod you might wana have a second try at growing her so always good to make extra clones during veg. looks like you got a nice GG pheno 🤘 bet she's starting to stink up the place? 

the picture you sent mentions 13weeks flower, that's on the longer side, some Sativa charactaristics which I always appreciate. buds can take 1 to 2 weeks to ripen at the end of a grow and they generally don't put on more size in that time, giving your buds at least another 5 to 6 weeks of fattening up. I think you in for a nice yield!! you got others ready to flower once this one comes down?

I am well brother thanks. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t clone her and yes she is photoperiod. But I have ordered more of her seeds from the seed bank I bought from. The picture of the Maryjane app shows the general days of the plant and current stage in brackets. She’s flowering for 6 weeks now. All the seedlings I started with her died due to inexperience. But she survived and has been pushing since then. I have another purple punch that is 2 weeks into flowering. But I am moving to a new house so I have put her in my buddy’s custody. But this GG4 is my baby. If I can’t move with her then I’m not moving an inch.
And in regards to smell, I have not perceived any. I have brought in extra noses and they also smell nothing. However, if I give the buds a light squeeze, the stink gets stuck on my fingers for long hours. Not sure if that’s a sign of any problem??

yeah I remember, hope you doing well brother!
I was actually checking if you cloned this plant? I can remember you popped a seed, but then I forgot if it was a autoflower or a photoperiod seed? 
reason I am asking is cause autos can't be cloned.
if that's a photoperiod you might wana have a second try at growing her so always good to make extra clones during veg. looks like you got a nice GG pheno bet she's starting to stink up the place? 
the picture you sent mentions 13weeks flower, that's on the longer side, some Sativa charactaristics which I always appreciate. buds can take 1 to 2 weeks to ripen at the end of a grow and they generally don't put on more size in that time, giving your buds at least another 5 to 6 weeks of fattening up. I think you in for a nice yield!! you got others ready to flower once this one comes down?

I am well brother thanks. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t clone her and yes she is photoperiod. But I have ordered more of her seeds from the seed bank I bought from. The picture of the Maryjane app shows the general days of the plant and current stage in brackets. She’s flowering for 6 weeks now. All the seedlings I started with her died due to inexperience. But she survived and has been pushing since then. I have another purple punch that is 2 weeks into flowering. But I am moving to a new house so I have put her in my buddy’s custody. But this GG4 is my baby. If I can’t move with her then I’m not moving an inch.

And in regards to smell, I have not perceived any. I have brought in extra noses and they also smell nothing. However, if I give the buds a light squeeze, the stink gets stuck on my fingers for long hours. Not sure if that’s a sign of any problem??

• Like 1

was gona say, strange for a GG plant to not stink then again they're from seeds so you bound to get different phenos. some more terpy and some less terpy. 

Lol… I moved out of my old apartment and while she was in the truck, she stinked so much that the driver asked if I was growing poison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn! Looking good, man! 

Nitrogen is needed in every stage of growth, I believe it's quite the misconception to think no nitrogen is needed at later stages of life. It is a very dark green though, maybe just the strain? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in on that.

• Like 2

Damn! Looking good, man! 
Nitrogen is needed in every stage of growth, I believe it's quite the misconception to think no nitrogen is needed at later stages of life. It is a very dark green though, maybe just the strain? Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in on that.

Exactly!!! The dark green is what bothers me. However, I have ceased all nutrients feeding since 1 week ago. Let me see how that turns out.

And hey!! Thanks for the compliment, lol… I appreciate your input.

• Like 2

looking good man, I see the dark green you talking about, you made the right move by backing off with nutes when you did. 👍 

what bloom nutes you giving and what dose?

continuing with those same nutes and dose would've caused you leaf-tip burn and downward clawing fan leaves. the tips burning is the first sign of root stress because of excessive N, but is also easily fixed by just backing off with nutes for a bit.

I wouldn't say that plant is ready for harvest, at least 3 more weeks and I would only advise to move over to clean water a week before harvest. untill then the plant still needs nutrients. so if a couple days go by and your plant starts looking healthy green again give a 50% dose of the same bloom nutes untill a week before harvest. 

as a cannabis plant progresses towards the end of its bloom cycle it starts using less and less nutrients, so always a good rule of thumb to follow nutrient schedules, but towards the end start slowly reducing the amount instead of ending everything off with the very highest or strongest dose like most feeding schedules would advise. their advise to waste is a marketing tactic to get you back in the shop to buy more nutes, sooner. 

I do this to save nutrients, because I don't see the need in feeding when the plant can't do anything with the nutes anyway, however you will hear 1000 different opinions on this topic. 

:-rasta

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think it is quite dark green but everything will be okay once holding back on the nutes. All plants are different. If she is packing on some flower, you know the plant is in good health.

She’s definitely packing up tough flowers and living well. But I just have the new grower curiosity syndrome. Lol… I will continue to deny her nutrients and update y’all. Thanks very much.

looking good man, I see the dark green you talking about, you made the right move by backing off with nutes when you did.  
what bloom nutes you giving and what dose?
continuing with those same nutes and dose would've caused you leaf-tip burn and downward clawing fan leaves. the tips burning is the first sign of root stress because of excessive N, but is also easily fixed by just backing off with nutes for a bit.
I wouldn't say that plant is ready for harvest, at least 3 more weeks and I would only advise to move over to clean water a week before harvest. untill then the plant still needs nutrients. so if a couple days go by and your plant starts looking healthy green again give a 50% dose of the same bloom nutes untill a week before harvest. 
as a cannabis plant progresses towards the end of its bloom cycle it starts using less and less nutrients, so always a good rule of thumb to follow nutrient schedules, but towards the end start slowly reducing the amount instead of ending everything off with the very highest or strongest dose like most feeding schedules would advise. their advise to waste is a marketing tactic to get you back in the shop to buy more nutes, sooner. 
I do this to save nutrients, because I don't see the need in feeding when the plant can't do anything with the nutes anyway, however you will hear 1000 different opinions on this topic. 
:-rasta

I’m glad that backing off of nutrients was a valid move. I was using Flora Coco Bloom (NPK 1-2-3) every third day and a very light dosage of Bud Juice Molasses. Because I noticed that she doesn’t mind a lot of nutrients. Although, her leaves were already curling down slowly, prior to the nutrients halt. I will follow your advice on cutting down to 50% of current nutrients dosage or maybe even less. I feel like yellowing leaves will give me some sense of accomplishment. Lol… Do you think I should still use Cal mag at this point on? And when you say flush with clean water from one week to harvest do you mean pure PH’d water? Or PH wouldn’t matter at that point? And how much water?
Thanks and have a great week…
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 6:31 PM, Righteoussower said:

I’m glad that backing off of nutrients was a valid move. I was using Flora Coco Bloom (NPK 1-2-3) every third day and a very light dosage of Bud Juice Molasses. Because I noticed that she doesn’t mind a lot of nutrients. Although, her leaves were already curling down slowly, prior to the nutrients halt. I will follow your advice on cutting down to 50% of current nutrients dosage or maybe even less. I feel like yellowing leaves will give me some sense of accomplishment. Lol… Do you think I should still use Cal mag at this point on? And when you say flush with clean water from one week to harvest do you mean pure PH’d water? Or PH wouldn’t matter at that point? And how much water?

aaaaah ok, I see I see.... 

about the ph, if you growing in coco with synthetic nutes you should be checking your ph almost everytime you feed. your method of growing is more like hydroponic than organic, so you need to keep a close eye on the ph going in and coming out of the medium and possibly the ph of the growing medium itself at times.

the molasses would work best if you growing in living soil, but for now in coco it would be better if you adding microbes that break down the sugar making all kinds of trace elements available to the roots, if theres little to no microbes I am sure a whole lot less of the molasses gets into the roots.

if you using a ph pen in a solution that's oily or that'll leave a film on the surface such as something with molasses in you gona have to clean the probe regularly

On 3/22/2022 at 6:31 PM, Righteoussower said:

when moving over to clean water at the end of the grow cycle you are still using the same amount of water you would normally give the plant. you're not aiming to flush the plant here, you're just not adding nutrients to the water anymore. 

I would say you're done with full dose feeds, just keep it at 50% till a week or two before harvest then you switch to clean water. don't flush her, she'll naturally fade by herself. 

• Like 1

Guy!!! I think i fucked up. I woke up yesterday morning and I don’t know what pushed me but I went straight to my plant and starting defoliating. 10 minutes later I stopped and asked myself bro wtf are you doing?? Because I realised that I had trimmed off all my fan leaves. I mean ALL. Lmao!!! The plant has been too idle and not challenging me so I guess I just wanted to be busy with it. And now my buds are feeling very dry to the touch. Please I need advice on how to proceed from here. I still have about a week to go before I chop her down. Someone please tell me I’m stupid please c54414dfd3c85747566a6615ca258c89.jpg
4b4962e28a23c6911f188e217ad456ee.jpg
afd1acb27f45e4ba80190223c2bbab4b.jpg

• Like 1

Not ideal, but at least you've saved yourself a handful of effort when it's time to harvest 😅

It will easily go another week, but I doubt it will do much other than just possibly ripen a little bit more. If it starts looking over stressed or struggling in the next day, then maybe just harvest.