Unstable Auto genetics?

Dookie69

Two out of six Gorilla Glue seeds ended up like this. The others grew fine and yielded well. The plant appears to be an infertile female, all it does is push out leaves. It looks like it’s pushing out leaves where pistols should be.

Is this a genetic throwback of some sort? For reference I have uploaded a pic of two plants the same age. The Gelato 41 is a small plant, the Northwrn lights is over 1m high. All germinated at the same time.

My “Asexual” gorilla glue:

4b370ebc0afce70bc59c9e73c941f4b9.jpg

7e8bab3a2d453876a3123b8094c04399.jpg

e6a1ed9975304d58e28fd97bb24c93b4.jpg

4b0db822311f76379babf6722f2d0a73.jpg

5de777d2cc863a7eba7836db0ea84423.jpg

Small Gelato 41:

d9593e6c46392b2f4800395c41432753.jpg

Large Northern Lights:

8b25b29a6055089cd17d0befd0e1a788.jpg

All on day 58 from germination.

I’m guessing I should cull her right? The last one like this eventually pushed out miserable little black buds which hardly resembled weed at all.

Where did you get the seeds from ? 
I honestly don't really know what to say, but if its pushing flower its got a sex and you won't know if its sterile/infertile till you try pollinate it ?

It was part of a 5 pack (GG Auto) from Groen seeds. 2 or the 5 turned out like this. The other 3 produced some proper fire. The seeds cost just under R500 for the five so it’s not a big deal, I haven’t tried to contact the seedbank to complain or anything. I’m just curious to see if anyone can tell me what they make of this.

I took a pic of a leaf last week which I’ll post if I find it, it’s like a ten finger leaf, basically 2 stacked directly on top of one another, and if there is zero space between nodes!

1 hour ago, Dookie69 said:

It was part of a 5 pack (GG Auto) from Groen seeds. 2 or the 5 turned out like this. The other 3 produced some proper fire. The seeds cost just under R500 for the five so it’s not a big deal, I haven’t tried to contact the seedbank to complain or anything. I’m just curious to see if anyone can tell me what they make of this.

I took a pic of a leaf last week which I’ll post if I find it, it’s like a ten finger leaf, basically 2 stacked directly on top of one another, and if there is zero space between nodes!

Just for interest sake, what is your lighting schedule ?

If they are legit auto seeds and not a case of some mixing photo period seeds in the batch it could still be that they lean more towards the photo period side and needs a shorter light cycle to flower ?

Edited by Khakibos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Khakibos said:

If they are legit auto seeds and not a case of some mixing photo period seeds in the batch it could still be that they lean more towards the photo period side and needs a shorter light cycle to flower ?

I missed the Auto part...i read like an ass haha. Yeaa then definitely unstable genetics bru. Get in touch with the breeder. They need to know this kind of stuff.

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lighting was 24/0 till pre flower, now 20/4.
(All the others in the grow went into pre flower and flower at a similar time).

I had one of these Gorilla Glue autos in my last grow which did the same, just became bushy. I isolated her / it in a separate space and tried 18/6 then 12/12 and eventually she pushed out skinny black bud that was completely useless, she used a lot of energy and nutes to achieve nothing!
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dookie69 said:

I had one of these Gorilla Glue autos in my last grow which did the same, just became bushy. I isolated her / it in a separate space and tried 18/6 then 12/12 and eventually she pushed out skinny black bud that was completely useless, she used a lot of energy and nutes to achieve nothing!

Sounds like a breeding project gone wrong, at least you got 3 that gave you some proper flower 😁

• Like 1