Syk0's Micro Cab Grow V2.0

syk0t1k

I don't grow hydro and never have so I can't really help other than tell you that it is 99% N toxicity , that's how it looks , over watering normally the plants have a more melted look. Also the old growth will never go back to normal so you need to keep a close eye on new growth. Did you flush before you reduced the nutrients?

Cheers

GLO

Na thats not a deficiency. Its either N toxicity or a combination of N toxicity and overwatering. How often do you water?

Hmm.. I literally only water when she is looking under watered, leaves start drooping etc. I know this because it spruces up quite quickly after. I also do this because my previous attempt i over watered.

I don't grow hydro and never have so I can't really help other than tell you that it is 99% N toxicity , that's how it looks , over watering normally the plants have a more melted look. Also the old growth will never go back to normal so you need to keep a close eye on new growth. Did you flush before you reduced the nutrients? Cheers GLO

Thanks for your input GLO, I did flush before reducing nutrient strength. I also removed all the yellowing almost dead leaves to monitor the rate of said deficiency / toxicity. It's quite rapid im afraid. However the plant has gone from that dark green foliage to the opposite. Yesterday she received plain water only in an attempt to flush but im out of PH'd water. My tap water is no good...

Here are some updated pics i have just taken.

IMG_20160118_193228_zpswhlrve54.jpg

IMG_20160118_193317_zpsw485pwky.jpg

IMG_20160118_193256_zpsbgek1zhh.jpg

Super bushy, I'm sure she will bounce back. Definitely too much n, I'd keep cutting off the dead growth and giving plain water for a while. Are those 20w CFL's?

Should have read this earlier, she's been fed today unfortunately... will see how things are in a day or two. I did cut right down to week 1 nute strength though.

Here are some close up examples of current symptoms as of today before watering.

IMG_20160122_185155_zpsebwvvukl.jpg

IMG_20160122_185111_zpsgxrqzbfy.jpg

IMG_20160122_185129_zpsefhcf4kl.jpg

IMG_20160122_185028_zpsj7tt6mi8.jpg

IMG_20160122_185049_zpsamle8a8w.jpg

IMG_20160122_185011_zpsreskaofw.jpg

Wish I could help you more bud.... I just don't have the knowledge of hydro growing to be able to tell you how to fix your issue...but I don't think you did a bad thing in feeding her a little , if you flushed the medium she will need food in my opinion as no food is also not good. Start with small amounts of food and work up. Are you using your meters like tds and ph?

Cheers

GLO

Guest kimcarsons

You've just duffed your pH quite severely. Are you you using chemical nutes? Anything besides coco and perlite in the medium? My vote is is water small amounts each day until just reaching run off. Straight water and perhaps some calmag at pH of 5.5-6. You cannot let your coco dry out, that's why your pH is staying out. You also you way over did the nutes earlier, that coco is salted up. Get it constantly MOIST not wet, with some pH corrected solution and some Mg and Cal. When you see good growth again, bump the nutes and cut away the dead growth.

You've just duffed your pH quite severely. Are you you using chemical nutes? Anything besides coco and perlite in the medium? My vote is is water small amounts each day until just reaching run off. Straight water and perhaps some calmag at pH of 5.5-6. You cannot let your coco dry out, that's why your pH is staying out. You also you way over did the nutes earlier, that coco is salted up. Get it constantly MOIST not wet, with some pH corrected solution and some Mg and Cal. When you see good growth again, bump the nutes and cut away the dead growth.

It appears to have improved quite a bit since being fed! coloration is returning to normal from the bottom up.  I've removed the dead growth and i will be doing interval feeds with one plain water in between. 

Only coco / perlite in my medium. I am using chemical nutrients. I've mixed 2l of water at a PH of 6.0 no cal-mag this time. I will mix another 2l with cal-mag and no nutes for in between feeds.

Thanks for your input! Really helps alot!!

Guest kimcarsons

Just remember Coco likes/works best when slightly moist. So try aim for a watering/feed at least once a day. When they start recovering you can pump the nutrients all day. Some feed up to four times a day. Also less is more. This is Hydro, you don't need as much medium space. Anything over 3 gallon and you're not getting the best. Keep it up as is, try keep your pH a little below 6 but above 5.5 and  they should come back in a week or so. Once they are fully recovered and happy again, flush to fuck.

Looking again at the pictures it is clearly a pH problem, I have seen that/done that so many times. Next round try control your coco before planting. Buffer, flush, soak etc. Minimize possible problems. Try pot up when she  comes back to health, get  some fresh leg room.