Syk0's Micro Cab Grow V2.0

syk0t1k

Greetings! :-puffin

I am back for round two, or second attempt after my previous failed attempt. I won't go into detail on that for those of you that read / commented on my previous post thank you!

Instead of starting from seed this time i manged to get my hands on a + - 2week old cutting. According to the grower this is a GHS version of Super Cheese.

He had been growing his cuttings in a mix of outdoor and indoor conditions. Some insect damage is notable but i have not seen anything new since it's gone into my cab.

I have done absolutely nothing to it at this point but place it in the box running 18 / 6 light cycle. I have given it a light misting of water only with a PH of 6.0 around the stem area.

More about my Cab:

I'm unsure of exact measurements at this point but i would say roughly about 1 sq/ft of grow space lined with Mylar. 4x 15w 6500k CFL bulbs. Passive intake system using 1 simple PC fan exhaust up top with two intake holes at the bottom. I also added a secondary fan (not in the image) for airflow in the space.

I still need to make light traps and a filter. Feel free to add any input on suggested changes i can make to improve my system!

IMG_0123_zpsyaa0kpvw.jpg

At this stage i have this overwhelming fear that if i do anything i'll just kill it...

To be honest i don't know what the medium it's in consists of i know there is coco though. I would like to transplant to an organic medium. When would be the right time to do this?

I have 50/50 coco coir and EHG nutes. But I don't really know enough to attempt in a nutrientless medium again. Im unsure how to measure out nutes to water ratio for each week of it's growth. Id prefer if the medium could take care of that!

Secondly would a SCROG be a good idea for this space?

IMG_20151127_070502%20-%20Copy_zps7emun3ix.jpg

IMG_20151127_070447%20-%20Copy_zpsitz5eocz.jpg

Since those Pic's were taken the bottom two leaves have turned yellow. I chopped them off, not sure if that was the right thing to do?

Will snap a few pics tonight and update! Other than that there you have it Folks! I hope you guys can guide me to growing Nirvana :-bow

Some feedback would be great guys!!

Or you can rename my threads how to kill your plant's 101 lol

Here's an update anyway.  

01/12/15

Temp and RH looking good i think?

IMG_20151201_071752_zps4olx9ykw.jpg

Plant looking a bit droopy, may be under watering due to my fear of over watering

IMG_20151201_071809_zpsexhw9cd4.jpg

New growth appearing from main stem.

IMG_20151201_071831_zpsznlypfql.jpg

IMG_20151201_071845_zpsfd83pxu4.jpg

02/12/15

Definitely needed water spruced right back up after watering. Still no nutes in use.

IMG_20151127_070502%20-%20Copy_zps7emun3ix.jpg

another bottom leaf turning yellow, CalMag needed maybe?

IMG_20151202_072125_zpsffm01ril.jpg

Im planning on repotting this plant tonight into my promix 50/50 coco perlite. Will give the hydro nutes another try...

Plant is in it's third week of growth so i think ill start feeding with week 2 and see how it reacts. Do you guys think i need to add calmag to my nutrient solution?

EHG-2-1-Table-1024x640.jpg

Your plant is looking decent sykotic :thumbups are you considering a topping?

I would suggest supplementing with calmag, although the promix is buffered with calmag so maybe see how it does without calmag.

Have you got a PH meter and a EC or TDS meter? Those 2 instruments are essential when growing hydroponically

Your plant is looking decent sykotic :thumbups are you considering a topping?

I would suggest supplementing with calmag, although the promix is buffered with calmag so maybe see how it does without calmag.

Have you got a PH meter and a EC or TDS meter? Those 2 instruments are essential when growing hydroponically

Thanks 420SA!

I ended up using the 50/50 coco mix I had left, I transplanted to I slightly bigger square pot as the bag was a little unstable. Decent looking root structure.

I prepared a light nutrient mix along with Calmag, watered and fed! The one lower dying yellow leaf has fallen off and everything else is looking good. Had to lower slightly this morning, new top growth was touching the lights, overnight!

Unfortunately I don't have a PH pen or EC / TDS meter yet. I'm making do with a liquid  PH testing kit for now. Hopefully soon though!

Sent from Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

Not much activity on here but ill post an update anyway8-)

I have doubled nutrient strength this week and it has been received well! she has also been topped with no evidence of stress.

For perspective on growth so far, she was at the middle center shelf line when i got her. Is it too late to SCROG? im concerned about vertical height and running out of space. I think there are still a good few weeks of veg to go.

IMG_20151216_193550_zpsv0zkbunz.jpg

IMG_20151216_193426_zps6opcjwbn.jpg

IMG_20151216_073042_zpsuhzztvfs.jpg

Technically it was just moved to a better pot. It was not much bigger than the bag it was in, so just filled up around the sides and on top. As far as I can see, yes it is a hydro medium.

You can see what i mean below.

IMG_20151202_190255_zpsluvi68jh.jpg

My best recommendation would be to transfer your plant into CCPS mix which wont need any nutrients for the next 3 months! I've stopped giving all my plants nutrients since I bought it 2 months ago and I have been watering straight from the tap with no issues. I have 3 different mediums that I've been testing for a bit more than 2 months.

Medium 1 - Straight Coco Compact Potting Soil

Medium 2 - 50% CCPS / 50% JGS mix

Medium 3 - 50% CCPS / 50% Coco Perlite

I have also moved all my plants under a shaded roof that gets no direct sunlight on 1 December and they are all still doing well. I will be transferring them to direct sunlight on 22 December which is the day of the summer solstice.:-clap

Technically it was just moved to a better pot. It was not much bigger than the bag it was in, so just filled up around the sides and on top. As far as I can see, yes it is a hydro medium.

You can see what i mean below.

IMG_20151202_190255_zpsluvi68jh.jpg

My best recommendation would be to transfer your plant into CCPS mix which wont need any nutrients for the next 3 months! I've stopped giving all my plants nutrients since I bought it 2 months ago and I have been watering straight from the tap with no issues. I have 3 different mediums that I've been testing for a bit more than 2 months.

Medium 1 - Straight Coco Compact Potting Soil

Medium 2 - 50% CCPS / 50% JGS mix

Medium 3 - 50% CCPS / 50% Coco Perlite

I have also moved all my plants under a shaded roof that gets no direct sunlight on 1 December and they are all still doing well. I will be transferring them to direct sunlight on 22 December which is the day of the summer solstice.:-clap

I ended up using the rest of my 50/50 coco anyway. So far so good. Nutrient feed seems to be spot on! I'm definitely keen on trying out jgs  medium for my next grow, it appears quite popular from what I've read!

Sent from Tapatalk

I'm thinking LST... I just seems to be more controlled to me. I'm trying my hand at it myself, seems ok.

Looking good bud! If ypu want to get the most out of that tight space scrog is the way to go. As for medium , it's always best to mix your own Cheers GLO

So i did a rather extreme LST by literally bending the main stem over so the main top is lower than the rest. I used a cable tie around the main stem and just below the very top node. I got the idea from a vid on youtube for drastic reduction in height in small spaces. I think this image is a pretty good representation on what im trying:

2mm7f9u.jpg

Everything has turned towards the light pretty quickly. So far so good. 

I am experiencing some serious heat issues though, it's been so hot here... so ambient room temperature is extremely uncomfortable... ive seen temps in my cab 30+ at times. 

Ill post pics soon! 

Peace brothers!!:-rollitup

I'm doing the same with my plant, going in a circle. As for the cab temps, I've realized that I have to wait until autumn for it to work, UNLESS you have aircon. I've tried ice packs, ice and bottles with ice water infront of the fan. Drops 1 or 2 degrees. 

Try changing the lights on period to night time... Mine are on from 4pm to 10am. The temps are not that bad with the change...

I'm doing the same with my plant, going in a circle. As for the cab temps, I've realized that I have to wait until autumn for it to work, UNLESS you have aircon. I've tried ice packs, ice and bottles with ice water infront of the fan. Drops 1 or 2 degrees.

Try changing the lights on period to night time... Mine are on from 4pm to 10am. The temps are not that bad with the change...

Ive got my lights on from 3pm - 9am. An hour difference to yours, I have no idea what temps are in the daytime dark period. Lights are on when i leave and back on when i get home... I may add a second exhaust fan to aid in these hot times! Definite heat stress evident though leaf blades are curling in on themselves... well at least i think it's heat stress.

I've monitored my temps over time, basically the forecast vs the ambient temp in my garage vs the temp in the cab. So lets say its 20 according to the forecast, the garage is between 23 and 25, and the cab is 2 to 3 degrees higher. On the days where the forecast is above 26, I leave the door open.

I have noticed that my additional fan ups the temp by 1 degree which i didn't expect. So check that too.

I'm not sure if you've seen my grow cab and reflector, but I've noticed my heat problem is also due to the hot air gathering in the top of the reflector, I'm going to add a duct to it and extract that air directly out of the cab, in theory my garage and cab temps would be equal.

FInd the coolest room in your house and put the cab there. Makes life easier.

Looking good Syk! Careful with upping the nute strength cos she is showing small signs of a Nitrogen overdose with the clawing at the leaf tips (although that sometimes can be caused by overwatering too). If you see any signs of burn hold back on the strength.

:-peace

Hi Everyone,

Need help guys!!! She is looking sick... Lower leaves yellowing and dying off! I removed two leaves last night that were pretty much done, and there's even more this morning... Look's like CalMag to me... I will be mixing up new slightly weaker nutrient mix today and will supplement with the CalMag hopefully that will address the N issues as well.

Updated pics as of today:

Top View:

IMG_20160103_083903_zpsimndqscy.jpg

Side Views:

IMG_20160103_083818_zpsmlbqwbvu.jpg

IMG_20160103_083735_zps40or9pme.jpg

IMG_20160103_083753_zpsidz90hnq.jpg

Symptoms:

IMG_20160103_084037_zpss9wzpkgc.jpg

IMG_20160103_083958_zpslfxyg3cj.jpg

IMG_20160103_084009_zpsw9z9uae2.jpg

Nitrogen Toxicity

Problem: Dark green leaves, weak stems, and overall slow growth. Marijuana leaves that are nitrogen toxic often get "The Claw" or talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends. They also do an odd curving (or cupping) that is often mistaken for overwatering, but is unique to nitrogen toxicity.

Leaves that turn into claws often start turning yellow and dying if the nitrogen toxicity is not treated, much like a nitrogen deficiency, only the leaves will continue to get more and more clawed. Leaves eventually turn yellow or brown and fall off. You can tell if yellowing is caused by too much nitrogen because the rest of the plant will be dark green, and the yellowing leaves will turn into claws first.

The majority of times that growers encounter problems with nitrogen, it's from giving too much of it to their plants.

*taken from blue-sky organics

• 2 weeks later...