Strawberry Vostoks everywhere

Pants

Feel like I did a thread before, but she’s gone cap’n.

Anyways, got a nice deal from @Bay Seeds

And joining the fun I gave them out left, right and center. Finally gotten round to popping some myself, and after the dog ate the first ones and a restart I am now sitting with a very nice male, looking for pollen catching and storing tips?

4fd29ee8ec19d076e14cae618d20f909.jpg

Plan is to do F2’s and see what pops outc22a8771f9463341d54ce4f6e70dc7ee.jpg

fef9e321b03d50a4249b1aa998ffed17.jpg

There is also a little lady just starting to show pistols in the same pot, just about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Thanks. There is a female next to him starting to show pistols. Who knows.

Will try and store pollen as you suggested. But I’m busy cleaning up the veg space and plan on doing all 8 or so remaining ones all at once and seeing from there.

Been growing single strains so far mostly so will be interesting to see if I can spot phenos

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

7bbf378b3a965f55cf8327316d8a63c9.jpg

So after 87 days she came down. The one in the middle. Seeds are dropping like popcorn at the movies. F2 hunt shall begin soon.

Right is a Pineapple Express auto from fastbuds that took 8 weeks to flower. Nagar to get a handful of seeds from the first calyxes on the main stem.

Left is another PE at 4 weeks

• Like 3
  • Fire! 2

So far, slow but big. Can’t wait to see if that carries over to the next generation with the Vostok pollen. Pineapple & strawberry. Russian fruit salad

@Prom was right in that there’s not much pineapple smells yet. Will be awesome to compare to the gifted PE photo I got going in the garden
03fe849c81507fd13b6e366f0de270b5.jpg
8f177304f4e6f7d50c7b6e0a736acfa2.jpg
5fe8e0f3000ee291dde979a5777ef866.jpg

• Like 4
  • Fire! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice tiger stripes on the seeds! Youl see its the ability to pull your males at this size under any photoperiod that makes autos win in my book.  All of these were my underdeveloped or really ugly seeds so I didnt mind starting hundreds and keeping the best for breeding or for future outdoor seasons. Pulled 14 males yesterday and should have all the dudes out in the next 10 days. Cant wait to see updates on your grow. 

IMG_20220201_191013.thumb.jpg.8083211278db7769151c13d3f75d4e3a.jpg

Edited by Bay Seeds
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I sit with a question. The strawberry Vostok male was in between a. Female and a fastbuds Pineapple Express that took 8 weeks to show sex. Managed to get around 20 seeds from that cross.

So do I go with the Vostok F2 or the pineapple x vostok and look for late flowering autos?

Thoughts are welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooooo, seems I made a booboo.

Took the seeds to a friend to share and kinda forgot them on the cubby for 2 days, car in the sun

Having trouble germinating, but got more than enough to keep trying.

2 Vostok x Pinapple from bud is up and happy

• Like 1