GG#4 Grow, Approx Week 7 in Flower, Overwatered? Will the plants survive?

Kryonik

Hey Guys,

This is only my second grow, please bear with me as I have tonnes to learn.

My plants have been doing well up until the last week or so. In the last few days I observed quite a bit of leaf loss, and the plant appears to be droopy and unhappy. I suspect that overwatering may be the culprit, however, I have been leaving the plant to dry out before watering again. I generally water when the pots are light, but upon returning from a trip a week ago i noticed that the plants really needed water. Ever since then it has been downhill.

I grow indoors, with  a 240W Kingbrite Light. All plants are the same strain (Gorilla Glue #4), and are in 12L fabric pots. Over the last week i had to remove many brown/dead leaves, and the plant overall just does not look as good as it did, the buds also seem to have not changed a whole lot since then. I have also not fed any synthetic nutrients this time around, only top-fed worm castings thrice throughout the grow. Additionally, the plants are in organic living soil.

I generally PH my water between 6 and 7, but about a month ago my PH pen broke. From experience, my water generally hovers around ph 7.5-8, and two tiny drops of ph down would do the trick. It has been this way since i started this grow a few months back, so i have been preparing the water in the same way until i get a new ph pen.

I hope that one of you veteran growers would be able to diagnose what the issue is, if there even is an issue at all. I know they are on their final stretch, seems to be about 3 weeks to go, hence the excessive stress on my part.

I hope i have provided enough information, if no please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

healthyPlant.jpg

HealthyPlantBudFormation.jpg

HealthyPlantBudFormation_Top.jpg

plantAfterTrip.jpg

Plants at Present.jpg

PlantsAtPresent.jpg

BudsAtPresent.jpg

• Like 3

Howdy,

Looking good but there are some things to tackle.

Nitrogen only source of fertiliser in the flowering phase is a general no no and is the reason why the buds are not fattening up and looking pointy. I also made this error when I tried organic and have now switched to fully synthetic and am happy with it. Are you using anything to provide a source of k?

You also need to get a Ph pen because after each watering and application of amendments the Ph will swing and can't be corrected from memory after a few weeks of this.

I recently went through having to replace a Ph pen and had one shipped to me from communica. Coza- found that to be the cheapest at that time.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have only been adding worm castings as top soil feed. I thought it had all-round nutrients. I do have synthetic nutes so I will give them a boost of bloom nutes when they're thirsty again.

I will shop around for the PH pen, and will be sure to check communica as well.

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kryonik said:

Hey Guys,

This is only my second grow, please bear with me as I have tonnes to learn.

My plants have been doing well up until the last week or so. In the last few days I observed quite a bit of leaf loss, and the plant appears to be droopy and unhappy. I suspect that overwatering may be the culprit, however, I have been leaving the plant to dry out before watering again. I generally water when the pots are light, but upon returning from a trip a week ago i noticed that the plants really needed water. Ever since then it has been downhill.

I grow indoors, with  a 240W Kingbrite Light. All plants are the same strain (Gorilla Glue #4), and are in 12L fabric pots. Over the last week i had to remove many brown/dead leaves, and the plant overall just does not look as good as it did, the buds also seem to have not changed a whole lot since then. I have also not fed any synthetic nutrients this time around, only top-fed worm castings thrice throughout the grow. Additionally, the plants are in organic living soil.

I generally PH my water between 6 and 7, but about a month ago my PH pen broke. From experience, my water generally hovers around ph 7.5-8, and two tiny drops of ph down would do the trick. It has been this way since i started this grow a few months back, so i have been preparing the water in the same way until i get a new ph pen.

I hope that one of you veteran growers would be able to diagnose what the issue is, if there even is an issue at all. I know they are on their final stretch, seems to be about 3 weeks to go, hence the excessive stress on my part.

I hope i have provided enough information, if no please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

healthyPlant.jpg

HealthyPlantBudFormation.jpg

HealthyPlantBudFormation_Top.jpg

plantAfterTrip.jpg

Plants at Present.jpg

PlantsAtPresent.jpg

BudsAtPresent.jpg

Hello bud, The plants are looking good, all looks pretty normal to me.

Plants are very similar to humans in that from a very young phase are quite fragile in their infancy and then spring up into their adolescence getting stronger, healthier and hardier all the way through their mid life. Then once flowering comes along, during the middle or so, there is a noticeable decline in health and this is all normal everyone gets old.

If you have only fed worm casting, you have given the soil more than anything, a workforce to make nutrients more available, I would definitely hold back on the worm casting for the remainder of the grow. The plants are fading back so the colour will completely leave the leaf and appear yellow until they fall, again very normal.

Then you seems to be about halfway through flowering. Quite important to note the following as everything will be impacted by this, What soil are you using? There could be things the plant requires as your finish, or they might already be available and nature is taking its course in which case water will do, maybe some Aminos, humic/fulvic, Kelpak will be a great add, high potassium molasses weekly too, but tiny amounts will do the best job. Again the type of soil matters the most. Using synthetics in a thriving organic medium needs to be done with the utmost care and precision, I would advise against it as your plants look right on track.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2