Project "Alice" - Testing grounds

CG420za

These two are now in their final pots. They haven't shown sex yet, so hopefully that'll happen soon. I plan to put them into flower in about 2-3 weeks. I estimate that my net should be 75% full by then. I wish I knew which strains they are though.

@Sir Smokalot, thanks for suggesting the CCPS! That was the game changer :-bow

IMG_20160121_205123.thumb.jpg.6486d6366ceb892bce766b4795416bba.jpg

IMG_20160120_223153.thumb.jpg.9466863e4579691c27cf582b6b179634.jpg

IMG_20160122_180425.thumb.jpg.7b8a15d19d23ed6a76daec5acb907985.jpg

IMG_20160122_181340.thumb.jpg.332f8cf631172e88dcd9c56a4bb5a46b.jpg

IMG_20160122_181334.thumb.jpg.48de9574959b1375a0f782f7c8c3d2c7.jpg

IMG_20160122_180421.thumb.jpg.51428ebbebaf97c5984960e3b5b992af.jpg

IMG_20160122_184823.thumb.jpg.c76ad47a1a242a719d52498575cee867.jpg

Shot @GLO, I've started trimming down on all the plants. Alot of the leaves just fell off when touched. It's a mission to work under there coz the net's super close to the top of the pots. Anyway, I won't have that issue with the next grow.

So it's occurred to me that CFL's light penetration is really super kak. At canopy level, the reading is 55848.78 lux and below it's 116.95541 lux. I plan on putting the plants into flower in about a week or 2. I'll be using 5 x 26w 2700k and 1 or 2 of these 45w 6500k. I'm thinking of adding whatever other 2700k bulbs I have laying around. Would the extras be better at the top or should I put them under the net at the base of the canopy?

The reason behind me thinking it would be better underneath is coz quite a bit of the new growth is coming from the underside of the stem (very little light).

That's where I'd put them if they were to go underneath.

Thoughts? Advice? :)

IMG_20160127_201749_edit.thumb.jpg.2a8eb311ca7198f4f1ca8c9b1cd29dcb.jpg

You have to leave room under the screen to work lol you found out the hard way. Why are you so worried about what's under the screen? You are growing scrog so anything under the screen will be cut away so there's no point putting lights under the screen. The scrog style of growing was made for low penetration lighting as all you need to do is light a flat plane of growth , so if you have more lights put them on top where you want your main growth to be .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the help Glo. Ja hey, its a bit kak working under that net! I need kiddie hands under there. 

The babies are going, but I fear another one's a male, I can't really tell just yet. Is it possible for a female to get pollinated during veg? 

Alice is branching out nicely... 

IMG_20160207_121025.thumb.jpg.51468b1b9d0c097efe02cb163bcea6d0.jpg

IMG_20160207_123322.thumb.jpg.111a001d2653a5416f9fbb58ac36a200.jpg

IMG_20160207_121648.thumb.jpg.e867e5854b72f377958ab467a5fc54bf.jpg

IMG_20160207_120959.thumb.jpg.5af522c60d9488363efde4cab539c9d4.jpg

Looking good bud , pollen is am amazing thing. There are two things you must bare in mind . First in veg you have preflowers weather male or female , not full flowers,  so in veg it is possible for a preflower to get pollinated but it's a very outside chance and if anything there may be like 1 or 2 seeds max. Secondly is if a pollen sack blows it's load in veg ypu must make sure you clean everything properly as the pollen will hang around and once you go into flower it may cause problems but also a very small chance.

Cheers

GLO

Shot thanks @Heisenberg! Where have you been bruh? I always worry when one of you guys go missing. Maybe I'm paranoid, lol. As for the training, it's really all that scrogs hard work hey. This is way way easier than LST.

@GLO, I'll do so. I'm close to putting them into flower. I've read that some guys start feeding the flowering regiment 7 days prior to flipping. What are your thoughts on that? They claim to get better yields and less stretch in the first week of 12/12. Also, when I flip them, should I change the on/off gradually?

I hope it's not 20-20-20.... that's way to much N for flower. This coco compact stuff worries me a little bud I won't lie. When I did some looking into it they market it by saying that's it's great because it comes in a clean package and won't make your hands dirty or things in your basket dirty.... that really shouldn't be a major selling point so what that leads me to believe is that it's marketed at the house wife that doesn't want to get her hands dirty. What also troubles me is that there is no info on what they put into it to charge it.

There is no doubt your plants are loving it for veg , that's as plain as daylight to see but what does worry me is how it's going to cope with flower. Flowering put huge strain on any medium and after 14 days of flower not much nitrogen is needed. in a hydro setup I am unsure on the results as ibhave never grown hydro

I hope I am just worrying over nothing and that they cruise through flower . You are going to have to keep a close eye on what she is telling you

And now you've got me worried too. Lol!

We'll see what happens then. Currently all my new growth is yellower than before, I suspect it's a cal-mag thing. The pics don't show it, so i didn't bother to take any, but something is different. I flushed them on Monday, they should be ready for watering tonight/tomorrow. I've mixed up 1ml epsom salts to 4L water, I'll give them that tomorrow and feed on the next watering.

Lets say the measurement is 20-20-20, what's the worst that could happen during flower? Won't the plant just not use the excess N?

I don't mean to get you stressed but I say it like I see it lol no bullshit . 

Good call on the Epson as by this stage she could probably do with some calcium. As for the N , to much N will cause N toxcicity which will make your leave claw and slow down growth and bud development as well as make the bud hash on the throat to smoke. Unfortunately the plant just doesn't stop taking the N in .you may just need to adjust the feeding shedule to compensate. 

Shit son, my eyes! Hahaha!

Nah, it's better to be prepared for the worst my man. See, I'm learning :thumbups

So I'm gonna carry on as planned. I hope to flip them by Sunday/Monday, but I might delay it until the yellowing is corrected. If I notice anything weird, I'll post and readjust the nutes to contain as little N as possible. 

It's harder when you don't know the strain :-hairpull  Alice is yellowing. The other sativa only looks happy when it's really hot and with less water and the indica enjoys cooler temps and alot of water. Between the 3 or them, they drink 2L every 2 to 3 days, ambient temp dependent.

Thanks guys. @GLO, I haven't sexed them yet. Maybe I should just flip it and remove the males if there are any. Only one is a confirmed female, The other two haven't shown yet. Cutting clones isn't really an option, I only have the one cab. I wanna flip ASAP, scared they'll get root bound coz they're already in their final pots. Thoughts?

Also, do you think I can feed with some the epsom salts solution again?  I fed epsom and water on Wednesday, nutes on Friday and again yesterday. They're due for watering tomorrow again.