Fox tailing or normal stacking?

Dookie69

Hi Fam, is this new growth and white pistols the start of Fox tailing or normal bud growth?

If it is Fox Tailing what can I do?

Stats: Day 63 Blue Cheese Auto (Dinafem), F1 Coco/Perlite craft soil, GHE nutes, currently on “Ripen” 100% EC1.7 pH 5.8 via Autopot. In 1,2 x 1,2 open tent with 2 x Mars SP250 & 1 x 100 W Indorsun with far red. Lights hung 500mm above canopy. The usual fans / extractors.

VPD is around 1,46 kPa. Leaf temp and air temp are similar, around 23 deg C and RH is 45%.

Trichomes look 50% cloudy, 50% clear on the bud. No amber in sight.

I’d appreciate some insight and brutal honesty here. 8d748122939a424fe72b62bfb39e959e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd get it more from lights being too close or too hot, room too hot, or extremely bad air flow.
Spraying something on the pistols, that stops growth on the bud, and must push next to that now
So not a bad light or bulb / globe.

Interesting thanks. What would you safely spray on the bud?

I'll take a guess, you sprayed something and that is why you asked

Misunderstanding sorry! I though you meant I should spray something on the bud, but reading your post again I see you meant I might have sprayed something on my buds. No I haven’t. Only thing maybe is too much light (too close to the canopy perhaps).

• Like 1

Some genetics just foxtail at the end and that bud looks really close to the end 

I’ve read that, but what worries me is the trichomes are not turning amber yet and I want to try achieve around 30-40% amber.
As I said they are 50% clear, 50% cloudy so maybe amber is a week away?

• Like 1

Don't worry to much about trichome colour , I use to stress about it but rather listen to your plant. I have had some plants never turn amber but turns out to be an amazing smoke . If it's starting to genetics foxtail it's about 7 days from done . You need to not stress so much about numbers and technicalities,  every plant is different and you need to learn to understand and listen to the plant . In a week that plant will be ready to chop no matter the trichome colour . So when you chop it and check the trichomes for a reference.  I always recommend people keep a written diary , there's a lot to writing down your finding and experiences and makes it an interesting read reading back through past experiences . My written diaries have helped me on many occasions to fix issues and count them as an extreanly important part of my grow experience 

Edited by Green Leaf Organics
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Thanks GLO. I had this same situation with a plant from a previous grow. Waited and waited for trichomes to amber and by the time they did the plant was practically dead. Smelled amazing but lost flavour and strength. It also Foxtailed but I didn’t know what that was or realised it was happening.

I do as you suggest, I’ll harvest in a week’s time. This is the type of “tweaking” advice you just can’t learn off YouTube!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1