Heisenberg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine from builders warehouse. Digital for R120

I went to builders in Tokia, 3 weekends in a row, they don't know what that is... LOL! I think I should drop them a mail.

Not all the builders stock it. I know the xpress wont have but the warehouses should have. Its in the camping section.

Sup Ouens! Sorry been super busy!

Baby North is doing well, still going strong. I've noticed the difference in strains of this plant verses the Swazi I initially grew, because this plant is already on its third set of leaves and still so tiny! It's almost dwarf-like.

In addition, the fans and heat of the CFLs have been causing my soil to dry out, and I mean dry...like dust, barren lands dry. So I waited for a days since my last water and then did about 300ml water to penetrate all parts of the soil and not just around Base of the plant like I used to water. I also noticed one long thin root sticking out at the bottom of the pot already, where additional catch water is laying - indicating good root growth.

So yeah All seems good. JGS soil has given no problems. I think il wait abit longer before switching to flowering.

IMG_4285.jpg

Guest kimcarsons

That is a good thing. Tight spacing shows that the light is intense enough. Light does not promote growth. Light STOPS growth. Lots of light - tight squat plants. No light - stretchy spindles as they search for light.

That is a good thing. Tight spacing shows that the light is intense enough. Light does not promote growth. Light STOPS growth. Lots of light - tight squat plants. No light - stretchy spindles as they search for light.

Thanx Kim, Yeah Im kinda glad about it! So eager to get this plant going!

BN3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Week 6 - Baby North

All going well. Mushrooms popping up here and there occasionally. Baby North is in her onto her 3rd set of true leaves. I've left a small tupper container of water in the PC into deal with humidity, this seems to have sped up growth really well. Soil also doesnt dry up as quickly anymore. Still just watering with Freshwater Aquarium tank water every 3rd or 4th day.

IMG_5047.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

URGENT HELP NEEDED: PEST SPOTTED

Hey Guys! Did regular maintance and found these wrigglers/larvae/worms on my plant and around the soil. When I opened the catch tray underneath, i found alot more of them wriggling in the water.

I have no idea what they are, but they crawl from place to place, spin silk and are definitely harming my plans. Any idea how to get rid of them aswell as prevent them?

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5397.jpg

No idea what they are, bud.

Just spray a little Baygon, or Doom around your grow space. Spray the soil around the plant also.

I think your plant is still young enough for it not to cause any issues with your product.

Pick the buggers off from the plant itself- making sure to get all of them.

If they're coming from the soil, try doing a H2O2 flush.

Thanx @Skolley, I'll try that this evening.

These are the worms that were chewing Baby North to pieces:

http://luv2garden.com/webworms.html

"They overwinter in the pupal stage which can be found in the remains of old nests, under loose tree bark and leaf litter. The adults emerge from late Spring early Summer."

Might be that they were already present in JGS organisoilux mix since i've not had any pest issues since my first grow. Anyway, I managed to pick them all off one by one. I also read that drying out your lowering your Huminity and keeping the lights will help get rid of these pests as they feed at night and enjoy a cool moist habitat.Afterwards,i took some dishwashing liquid and water and gently scrubbed the webs and worm poop off the leaves.Sadly my plant looks horrible. Its got transparent eaten spots all over and the new leaves are all twisted and bent from the webs these worms spun.Send some love my way...

No idea what they are, bud.

Just spray a little Baygon, or Doom around your grow space. Spray the soil around the plant also.

I think your plant is still young enough for it not to cause any issues with your product.

Pick the buggers off from the plant itself- making sure to get all of them.

If they're coming from the soil, try doing a H2O2 flush.

Please do not flush your ORGANIC soil with H2O2... this will decimate your microbes and fungi in your soil and more than likely kill your plant over time.... as for spraying with bygone or Doom,  that just sent shivers down my organic spine , your choice bud but I wouldn't no matter what pests I have got. 

@Skolley , bud I am not trying to be mean or nasty but that's just bad advise for an organic grower.

Cheers

GLO

GLO I shoulda asked you first. Yeah I'm definitely trying to keep this organic and doom or bygone definitely seemed wrong. Unfortunately I did use the H202 but I diluted one table spoon to 300 ml of water and spray the top soil and sides of pot only. And the handpicked each webworm off.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Right so let's take this one paragraph at a time size each one is a different issue....

Doom/bygone as I said it's not what I would use but I know people that do so it's personal preference and don't always believe what hydro shop people tell you.

H2O2

I am not surprised you have used it before as you grow hydro not organicly and it is widely used and has loads of benefits in hydro. As for flushing your soil with it is basicly nuking it and then just adding more microbes while you have a plant growing in it is crazy. Have you any idea what this would do to your soil balance and ph? Why do you think organic soil is cooked , it's not just because we want to be difficult , and by flushing your soil with H2O2 you will cause irreparable damage to your soil. Organics is all about my "precious" microbes and this is why I have been collecting my microbes from around the country for years so yes to me they are my "previous" microbes

LOL @ organic mythical abilities. .... you might not care  about biodiversity but don't lump everyone into your boat as many people do actually care.  You also may just throw away your medium when done but I don't it all gets recycled and used again and again for years until eventually the coco has broken down to a point and then it goes into the garden .

They are always many ways to get to an end goal and people will ALWAYS choose there own path and whether its organic hydro or however else they want to do it it's there choice .

I can see this turning into an organic vs hydro debate again.....but In the end you gave an organic grower advice based on hydro principals which can lead to him killing his plant in an extreme case no matter which way you look at it

GLO I shoulda asked you first. Yeah I'm definitely trying to keep this organic and doom or bygone definitely seemed wrong. Unfortunately I did use the H202 but I diluted one table spoon to 300 ml of water and spray the top soil and sides of pot only. And the handpicked each webworm off.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

That shouldn't be an issue then with the h2o2 it will hurt just that top layer and will quickly bounce back. As for the worm... you have 2 options . You can either go nuclear on then and spray with a poison weather organic or chemical as the plant is still young or you can go the more labour intensive route and just keep checking and pulling them off manually . I have done both ways before and both work. As for the soil Toby is correct diatomaceous earth is the best.

Cheers

GLO

@Heisenberg sorry bud I didn't mean to do this to your log

@skolly do as you wish bud  , we just not going to see each others points we are trying to make and this is someone's grow log . As for an organic hydro debate... I ain't touching that with a 40 foot pole and won't reply again to this thread unless it's too help heisenberg

Gents - Chill....smoke a joint and calm down. Baby North is still alive and sprouting new leaves as we speak. She survived the attack, unfortunatly the affected leaves dried up and shrivelled off like old newspaper. But she is still going strong. Thanks for all your advice Skolley and GLO.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Baby North is well into her flowering period. I've counted about 6 Main Cola regions with lots of stigmas growing. Im really impressed at the speed of this grow, how well this plant has bounced back after the pest attack and most importantly (to me) how am able to see the difference in leaf production and general well being in this plant vs my first plant with only 7.5watts of light.

The soil is also really great, I havent had any nutrient deficiency or burning symptoms as of yet.

I've also been LST'ing Baby North since birth to control growth and manage space as best as possible.

So all is well!

Baby_North_6.jpg