Automatic watering suggestions for coco?

Orcanic

Hi , check out Bluemat system . Gravity fed or you can put a pump on aswell . I'm running mine the gravity way. Takes a few twitches and when it's set it works great.

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dookie69 said:

@PsyCLown at which plant stage do you start using the Blumat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well typically when I put the plants into flower but no reason not to use them in veg if it will work with your setup.

I had it setup in veg once, but then I had multiple plants in veg at different stages so wasn't working as well.

When I set it up again, I just set it up in flower. I want to look at setting it up in veg again though for convenience going forward and then running all plants in veg from cutting or seed at the same time and therefore same stage. So not have a mix of new seedlings or freshly rooted cuttings with bigger, more mature plants.

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 5:28 PM, Orcanic said:

Thanks guys, will take a look

what's up man, hope all is well your side

I don't even have a automated watering system, but I have bins full of pipes, different adapters and connectors, inline filters, gromets.... can't toss it all cause I might still use it, but it's all there cause I tried to plan out a irrigation system off the top of my head and kept having to build little puzzles in the shop when I'm buying the stuff and still end up buying shit I never needed! 🤦‍♂️

just wana drop a 2c here, if you looking at automating your water schedule don't cheap out on a irrigation systems. having weak connections and end up with leaks or having to redo the whole thing because of small miscalculations is just headaches ontop of headaches. 

I helped set up a irrigation system for a protea farm, 9 hectares, we didn't want to bring in too much technology so with a little permaculture background and know how we set the whole thing up to work with gravity only and eneded up with 9bar pressure in the pipes when the dams are full. worked with Bergrevierbesproeiing in Paarl, they're like a middle man who stock all the needs for any irrigation setup you have in mind, different brands and "set layouts" and a bunch of super smart people who will advise you on what the best options might be for your situation. 

don't know what area you're in, but there are quite a few big time irrigation companies around as we are in farm country and it's big business around here, maybe check in your area and have a chat with some of the real smart irrigation guys who know all the products and work with these things all day everyday. 

buying the wrong thing and having to drive back and forth and putting your whole project on hold cause you need components and all that is something to try avoid from the start... I wish someone told me this back when I wasted all my time and money like that, I just write it off a school fees 😄

🤘

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

what's up man, hope all is well your side

I don't even have a automated watering system, but I have bins full of pipes, different adapters and connectors, inline filters, gromets.... can't toss it all cause I might still use it, but it's all there cause I tried to plan out a irrigation system off the top of my head and kept having to build little puzzles in the shop when I'm buying the stuff and still end up buying shit I never needed! 🤦‍♂️

just wana drop a 2c here, if you looking at automating your water schedule don't cheap out on a irrigation systems. having weak connections and end up with leaks or having to redo the whole thing because of small miscalculations is just headaches ontop of headaches. 

I helped set up a irrigation system for a protea farm, 9 hectares, we didn't want to bring in too much technology so with a little permaculture background and know how we set the whole thing up to work with gravity only and eneded up with 9bar pressure in the pipes when the dams are full. worked with Bergrevierbesproeiing in Paarl, they're like a middle man who stock all the needs for any irrigation setup you have in mind, different brands and "set layouts" and a bunch of super smart people who will advise you on what the best options might be for your situation. 

don't know what area you're in, but there are quite a few big time irrigation companies around as we are in farm country and it's big business around here, maybe check in your area and have a chat with some of the real smart irrigation guys who know all the products and work with these things all day everyday. 

buying the wrong thing and having to drive back and forth and putting your whole project on hold cause you need components and all that is something to try avoid from the start... I wish someone told me this back when I wasted all my time and money like that, I just write it off a school fees 😄

🤘

Thanks man, I think I'll wait a bit longer until I can get something solid then, maybe when I expand more.

• Like 1