How bad is it?

Alright so the quick and fast is: How bad is it?

To get a bit longer, I planted around end of July last year. All 3 plants were going along more or less alright for the most part. The bigger one of the 3 suddenly started dying on me, pictured mostly dried out. I harvested that one and bottled it up, no point really to let it dry. I harvested the other 2 this past weekend, somewhat worried that the same would eventually happen to them, as the second plant was already showing signs of drying/dying. The harvest is busy drying. 

So the main question is: is any of that actually usable?

I’m sure there is a lot I should have done different and could have done better growing the 3 plants, but hopefully I can still get something out of it. Any advice will be appreciated. 

D18642C9-6702-42C7-8D58-507A6461235F.jpeg

F3C11385-5809-4747-AD02-51DE8F4632D7.jpeg

FB58F2AD-7953-4A6F-96ED-1625F4CFBFD3.jpeg

6B1D89E1-B2CD-4992-94E6-5C1FF812E0ED.jpeg

• Sad 1

its not budrot in this case, but it still doesnt change the answer ima give you....

so, the one plant is like you said...dead... and it looks kinda small and spindly and not that great TBH,

the next one that looks like it was dying....was dying lol... but looks like the bud is a bit better... trim all the dead brown leaves and bud off and dry it , then only Jar it.

then the last plant that doesnt look so bad, is likely also ready to come down and trimmed up, dried then jarred.

you really want to avoid jarring moist bud as it WILL mould and go pretty manky

• Like 2

I have had good genetics die on me, grew it way too long, the plant looked exactly like that.

ended up having to cut all the dead brown matter away, saved what I could, but the smoke was worse than the worst weed you can think of.

think it had to do with the fact that the trichomes where so over developed most of them meant nothing and the few that was still "viable" where probably amber as fuck and no good. 

the weed literally just gave me a headache and put me to sleep.

I threw the whole plant in the fire for the fun of it

14 hours ago, CommanderBigMac said:

D18642C9-6702-42C7-8D58-507A6461235F.jpeg

you might have some hope here.

best to do, get optimal conditions from here on out. cut the bitch and hang her in complete darkness with fresh air exchange, no fan blowing directly on the stuff but air must be moving. aim for 50% humidity slow dry 10 - 14 days, trim and jar. then cure the fuck out her, burp jars for 30min a day for a month. try keep the jars in the dark too. 

don't do anything now to further risk loss of trichomes. 

if you wana be able to smoke some of that stuff atleast. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CreX said:

its not budrot in this case, but it still doesnt change the answer ima give you....

so, the one plant is like you said...dead... and it looks kinda small and spindly and not that great TBH,

the next one that looks like it was dying....was dying lol... but looks like the bud is a bit better... trim all the dead brown leaves and bud off and dry it , then only Jar it.

then the last plant that doesnt look so bad, is likely also ready to come down and trimmed up, dried then jarred.

you really want to avoid jarring moist bud as it WILL mould and go pretty manky

So I’m guessing the one that died won’t even really be good for trying to make tincure/infusing or anything from then?

I’ve got the other 2 drying in a dark spot so hopefully they end up alright

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CommanderBigMac said:

So I’m guessing the one that died won’t even really be good for trying to make tincure/infusing or anything from then?

I’ve got the other 2 drying in a dark spot so hopefully they end up alright

you can try extract the oils with a butane extraction... but i dont think it will be so nice even then...

i wouldnt make any tinctures or infuse anything with that plant that died.

i rate you stick around the site, and glean as much info as you can about how to grow some fire, and then apply what you learn with you next grow.

in 10 months, you should be able to grow a few kilos outdoor with the right garden space

or in 10 months in pots, you should be able to get close to a kilo outdoors.

or in 10 months you could harvest a few kilos indoor if you really apply yourself.

this community can and will help you grow the best you can...as long as you want the help 😄

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, CreX said:

you can try extract the oils with a butane extraction... but i dont think it will be so nice even then...

i wouldnt make any tinctures or infuse anything with that plant that died.

i rate you stick around the site, and glean as much info as you can about how to grow some fire, and then apply what you learn with you next grow.

in 10 months, you should be able to grow a few kilos outdoor with the right garden space

or in 10 months in pots, you should be able to get close to a kilo outdoors.

or in 10 months you could harvest a few kilos indoor if you really apply yourself.

this community can and will help you grow the best you can...as long as you want the help 😄

Yea I’ll definitely need to read up more. Sucks about the plant but it is what it is I guess. Wish I’d found this forum earlier, but I’ll read through the posts already here and learn what I can. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, CommanderBigMac said:

Yea I’ll definitely need to read up more. Sucks about the plant but it is what it is I guess. Wish I’d found this forum earlier, but I’ll read through the posts already here and learn what I can. 

cant grow wrong with this bunch man! stick around and see what we got to give

• Like 2