Radical bags @ PEP home

I saw these woven pvc bags at pep home when checking out these kind of remind me of radical bags, they have nice leather handles wonder if they are a bit too breathable! 88bb9bb68a75476421dd6cc0ce43836f.jpgebfca50409586c19c4996de72c7607cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They must be atleast 25-30L

9 hours ago, hopsandhash said:

They must be atleast 25-30L

It all depends on your growing medium if it will too breathable. For coco it could work. For soil it may be to breathable. The bags look to be a bit tall. Cannabis roots like to be at tge surface. Thus I prefer nothing deeper than 30cm. If it is to breathable you can wrap it with plastic.

@hopsandhash

man, I wouldn't do it. I mean it's something different, but is it better than the pots you already get out there? plus how much you gona pay for that thing? I am sure it will cost about the same as a 30L material pot, but it's definitly not made for what material pots are made for. I can guarentee you now you'll end up putting that thing aside once you get the right pots and will always be asking yourself what the hell where you thinking. so why not just skip the school fees and get a real pot?

if you wanted to go cheap and still have a material like pot I would suggest looking at what @Bos is doing with his pnp/pep material bags. 

I just don't know if you can get as many uses out of those bags before you have to replace them, plus what the material pots and other brands state is that theres nothing leaching into your soils and the bags material isn't interacting with the water and nutes you giving the plant. can you be sure these "make shift" bags are of the same quality?

I don't see the benefit in this

• Like 1

Pep bags are crap, dont go that route. Also doubt those pvc bags will last outdoors due to sun's uv. The woolies material bags are a better 'budget' growbag option, ours are 2 years now and still going, but the handles are weak and dont last. Also have some proper growbags and they are the best option.

If you are growing 4-6 plants and can afford it, get proper grow bags, much stronger and the handles last.  

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Bos said:

Pep bags are crap, dont go that route. Also doubt those pvc bags will last outdoors due to sun's uv. The woolies material bags are a better 'budget' growbag option, ours are 2 years now and still going, but the handles are weak and dont last. Also have some proper growbags and they are the best option.

If you are growing 4-6 plants and can afford it, get proper grow bags, much stronger and the handles last.  

Everyone has to watch their bottom line, otherwise your grow can get expensive real quick. It depends on your setup.

20 bucks a pop for a woolies bag, that lasts 2 years, its good value for us in our situation. We do a lot of phenohunting and testing throughout the year and required a budget option due to the numbers. 

For summer outdoors we prefer to plant in the earth or in 75lt tubs.